Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Lolzoke

Jul 14, 2017
Potentially, if by "have 300 girls" you mean you followed some of the modding advice here and made it so you have 300 girls in your brothel, yeah, that can cause issues. There is also, in general, slow down that occurs as you progress through the chapters, unlocking new areas and being able to hold more girls in your brothel, just because each chapter is that much more data the game has to track.

For example, in the first chapter, you only have access to the slums, and a total of 6 slots for girls between the brothel and farm. Putting stores and other special locations aside for a moment, the slum itself has 6 areas to visit, and each of the 6 areas can have a maximum of 3 girls present, for a total of 18 free girls running around maximum. Combine this number with the 6 slots between the brothel and farm, and you get a maximum of 24 girls outside of the slave market that the game has to keep track of, with all the stats included.

Fast forward a few chapters, however, to around chapter 4, and you now have access to 5 areas. Each of those areas has 6 subsections, and each subsection can still hold a maximum of 3 girls, so now you are looking at up to 90 free girls the game has to keep track of, with all relevant stats, personalities, etc. Combine that with the brothel and farm (which can hold 4 times the chapter number and 2* the chapter number respectively), and you get a total of 114 girls the game is keeping track of outside the slave market (I would include that too, but while the number varies it has a set range that doesn't vary by chapter). When you stop to think of everything the game has to keep track of about each girl in your employ, that is a massive chunk of data that the game needs to process in order to keep things running. That also isn't accounting for the additional stores, material sites, mechanics, side stories, etc that also come with the chapter increase either. All in all, the further you go chapter wise, the more slow-down you start to see, even on a brand new machine.

There is no real "fix" for this, because the game needs to keep track of all that data to function, and you can only optimize the process so much. That being said, it sounds like there might be something screwy going on with your install, because this particular problem doesn't really "go away," so a fresh install could help if the slowdown isn't related to the general issue of increasing numbers of variables.
Sorry, no it was 300 in my girls folder - which I know can cause some slow downs. Yes, late game is when it is nigh unplayable but I have had some other saves in the past that don't get this bad and I remember it would be a consistent slow in the past before Kite found out upping the memory cache fixed it.

My current problem is as if its a memory leak that consistently occurs every other screen that resolves for one screen and comes back the next. Or, if I'm sitting on a screen for 30s or more (i.e the girls screen in my brothel - theres only about 15 or so?)

Either way I've reinstalled and downloaded the Bonanza mod as well and we'll see how it goes.

DarkN00b

Mar 17, 2019
By the way, do you have girl ranking enabled in your preferences? I recommend disabling it because it slows the game.

stauffi

Jul 23, 2017
Can i edit somewhere the cost for new girls on the slavemarket? Would like to make them like 10-20 times more expensive to buy.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can i edit somewhere the cost for new girls on the slavemarket? Would like to make them like 10-20 times more expensive to buy.
BKgirlclass.rpy, function get_price(), add '(dice(11) +9) *' between the 'return' statement and whatever value it's returning.

*Blatant self-advertisement*
Or use the Bonanza mod. :cool:

Reactions: stauffi

stauffi

Jul 23, 2017
*Blatant self-advertisement*
Or use the Bonanza mod. :cool:
Sorry for bugging you again, but i am a bit confused how to install your Bonanza mod. The OP at is very confusing. Especially when you link to ~10 posts and say to apply the fixes in that direction. But in none of the posts i saw extra files to download.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Bonanza is in a state of flux at the moment, since I'm both fixing reported bugs and adding new stuff on my own. I can no longer just post new scripts, since these may rely on new resources. I intend to make a proper update to v0.4.1 next week.

To see the files, you have to register as a user on the HHS forums. If you want a slightly less buggy experience, wait until v0.4.1. If you want to participate in testing, register, install, apply the six hotfixes. When you inevitably run into another bug, search the thread, there are a million little mini-fixes outlined there.

Reactions: szfr and stauffi

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I could, but I don't really want to. Because then I'd have to badger kite80 to put it in the opening post, or it'll get lost really quickly amongst all the girlpacks. I'd have to chase down bug reports here, too. Megathreads like this one are pretty damn poor for that. If someone else wants to front it here, or steal it or whatever, go ahead. I'm just not going to split myself like that or I'd lose interest pretty quickly and then you'd have an abandoned mod instead of merely a buggy one.

So come and join us over at the HHS forums. We guarantee a few more kittens will die because of you.:devilish:

Tidalbore

Dec 31, 2017
I could, but I don't really want to. Because then I'd have to badger kite80 to put it in the opening post, or it'll get lost really quickly amongst all the girlpacks. I'd have to chase down bug reports here, too. Megathreads like this one are pretty damn poor for that. If someone else wants to front it here, or steal it or whatever, go ahead. I'm just not going to split myself like that or I'd lose interest pretty quickly and then you'd have an abandoned mod instead of merely a buggy one.

So come and join us over at the HHS forums. We guarantee a few more kittens will die because of you.:devilish:
You could always create a new mod page for it, there are plenty of other pages people have created to host major mods for other renpy/unity/etc games- just look at the adult games/mods section. That would give you a thread specific for your mod, allow people who use it over here to have a place solely for reporting issues/make suggestions/etc., while retaining full control of DL links and what not.

(not saying you have to by any means, and fully understand not having time/wanting to spend more time creating yet another page for your creation, just thought I would throw the idea out to see if it interested you)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, the two major issues I have with this idea is splitting my attention between two threads and the slightly clumsier setup of the forum here. Don't get me wrong, it's got nicer bells and whistles overall, but using this thing on a phone is a major pain compared to SMF.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Hi guys, just to inform you that I'm still around, but since my family is under quarantine because of the covid-19 plague here, I won't be able to work on adult contents for a while, since my children are around 24/7. Meanwhile, work on 0.2 version is going on and Jman is completing his Bonanza mod for that version too, I'll inform you when there are news about release date.

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Hi guys, just to inform you that I'm still around, but since my family is under quarantine because of the covid-19 plague here, I won't be able to work on adult contents for a while, since my children are around 24/7. Meanwhile, work on 0.2 version is going on and Jman is completing his Bonanza mod for that version too, I'll inform you when there are news about release date.
Sorry to hear that; now it's affected to our little community here. EVERBODY be careful and stay healthy!!! :oops:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
For those who live in alerted zones: try to keep some distance from other people, avoid crowds, go out just for important matters, keep your hands washed and protect them with gloves when you go shopping. Try to follow those suggests even if nobody tells you there's any danger.

Reactions: Harem_Master

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Proclamation: Due to the advent of this novel plague, the Empire's brothels will be shut down a minimum of 30 days while the spell-casters perform a thorough magical cleaning. All privately owned demons and witches must stay home and not summon any outside forces for the duration of the emergency. That is all... :eek:

Llel

Dec 3, 2017
Hola, tengo un problema con solo este pack y el mod King way, pero no se porque, estoy usando el bonanza mod.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1405, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1405, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 77, in execute
    screen cheat_main():
    screen cheat_main():
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 79, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 83, in execute
    has vbox
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 89, in execute
    if cheat_menu == "option":
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 92, in execute
    if slave_id == "":
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 95, in execute
    use cheat_slave_edit
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 186, in execute
    screen cheat_slave_edit:
    screen cheat_slave_edit:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 188, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 189, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 197, in execute
    has vbox
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 452, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 467, in execute
    textbutton "A":
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 467, in keywords
    textbutton "A":
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1405, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1405, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3033, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback)
    d.visit_all(callback)
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3033, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\PAOLOANDRES\Downloads\Brothel_King 0.15b\Brothel_King-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen cheat_main():
    screen cheat_main():
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 79, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 83, in execute
    has vbox
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 89, in execute
    if cheat_menu == "option":
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 92, in execute
    if slave_id == "":
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 95, in execute
    use cheat_slave_edit
    screen cheat_slave_edit:
    screen cheat_slave_edit:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 188, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 189, in execute
    viewport:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 197, in execute
    has vbox
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 452, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 467, in execute
    textbutton "A":
  File "game/Mods/King's Way/kings_way.rpy", line 467, in keywords
    textbutton "A":
  File "<screen language>", line 473, in <module>
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Brothel King 0.15b
Mon Mar 16 16:41:57 2020

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Llel better if you don't use king's road and bonanza together, also I'm afraid king's road is not updated for 1.5 version.

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Not at the moment, honestly there may be a few console tricks to do that but I don't know them.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes