Ren'Py Brothel King [v0.2] [Goldo]

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes

Torinir

Jun 12, 2017
What does this even mean?
Also thank you all for your answers.
When a stat or skill gains an increase, the game determines how much that increase is by the 1d6 + modifiers roll. It rolls a six-sided die to find the base gain, then applies modifiers. Those modifiers can be negative although that's not a frequent issue. Some modifiers include +50% for MC's Charisma stat if it's 5+ (training/conversation only), gains increase from girls' traits and gear, and some negative traits decrease gains.

Reactions: Purple_Heart

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I knew stats were capped because of rank but I didn't think rank would affect love and trust.
The big things that are not affected by rank are mood and sexual preferences.

This should be explained somewhere in the game
Goldo does not think so, and finds that some measure of obfuscation makes the game better. You might disagree with him, but it's a design philosophy with some merit.

Main skills seemingly randomly increasing when training sex skills.

Sometimes even chatting with girls increases main skills, is it possible to know which skill might increase for each chat option? Or is it random?

There is literally 0 information about what chatting will do, sometimes libido increases sometimes fear decreases.
Because it depends on the girl, and it's your job as the pimp to get to know her and what pushing her buttons does. :D The results are random, but not completely random.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Skill increases are 1d6 + modifiers, same as stats.
Times modifiers. And stats are lower, only the three trainable stats have their own 1-6 gain options.

...the naturist trait, which removes the obedience check from future nudity requests for her.
That's a fancy way to say that you get to clothe and unclothe her at will. :p

What does making a girl permanently nude do?
Here.

I would've preferred to write all these at HHS because apparently developer isn't even in this forum but for some reason my HHS account still needs admin approval.
I think you're going to be left waiting. Try another e-mail provider, or maybe VPN.

Torinir

Jun 12, 2017
Times modifiers. And stats are lower, only the three trainable stats have their own 1-6 gain options.
True for the multiplicative effect. Not as much for the restrictions on stat increases. Stat/skill gains from working are 1d4. Hypno "training" (libido/obedience) is still 1d6. Skill training is a little odd in that the primary skill gain is 1d6, but additional stat gains are 1d4.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
My post was aimed solely at interactions, not working or special events outside the 'visit bedroom' one.

Stat/skill gains from working are 1d4.
Not true. See 'perform_job_dict'.

Hypno "training" (libido/obedience) is still 1d6.
Also goes for sensitivity, and there's no difference from regular specific stat training (obedience/constitution), as I was trying to say. Guess I failed. :(

Skill training is a little odd in that the primary skill gain is 1d6, but additional stat gains are 1d4.
1d3. There's not a single just 'dice(4)' increase in the entire game, AFAIK.

Anyway, the exact values are always subject to change, and the precise raw values aren't all that important since they're so random and get scaled all the time on top of that.

Reactions: Torinir

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
There's also a little chance to increase main stats during sex training, depending on which kind of training the girl is doing: service -> charm, sex -> beauty, anal -> body, fetish -> refinement.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
After all the trouble I went to spoiler this stuff, Kite just tells you in open text... :cry:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
editing a girl's _BK.ini doesn't seem to work anymore. Is this a known issue, or a new process with 2.0?
Looks okay to me after fixing the half-comment thing:
View attachment 1486839
Nope. Nothing. Tried a fresh 2.0 install (downloaded 10/20) & used your exact ini file. Although i honestly have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on with patches and versions and such. I don't think I used the patch from the current OP, just the plain 2.0 download, although I also *can't* get the patch 'cuz NOPY's down. Although I have no idea how it'd affect the ini files since it looks the same as 0.15.whatever.
I fixed more things in your Lyndis _BK.ini, View attachment edited_BK.zip
most notable is since max positive traits is 2, max negative is 1, if you specify that or more than that number as 'always' traits, there is no room for any other traits of that type. 'Often' and 'rarely' will be ignored for that positive/negative type.
See the "Virgin, Naughty, Fearful" in Jman9's test screencap.

Also follow the instructions on downloading the needed latest ver 0.2 patch and forcing recompile, included there.

F95zone does not have the current patch, dated Oct 8, 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: __neronero

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Any1 know a fix?
The error being in line 440 shows you have not downloaded and copied with overwrite into the \game folder, the contents of latest patch, available .

Since you have likely compiled your game (by running it) since the October 8th date of the patch, after download/copy of patch, you need to force recompile by deleting all game\*.rpyc files, which if they remained, would mean the new files would be ignored since they seem to be "less recent" than the compiled files.
Recompile will then be done next time you run the game.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
No im just confused overall but thanks for the help:)
Sorry for the fatigue in constantly answering the same questions. A more direct link to the solution is here.

You open the console by shift-o (the letter o) and exit by the Esc key.

Before you do that, follow the instructions on downloading the needed latest ver 0.2 patch and forcing recompile, included there.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Error comes every time I try train naked. (for example when I click gag her on advanced)
Also I get success with a slave as waitress with 60 charm and she earns me 0 gold.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/BKmain.rpy", line 1300, in script call
    call slave_interact(girl) from _call_slave_interact
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 466, in script call
    $ renpy.call(topic.label, girl, adv_mode)
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 1573, in script call
    call slave_train(girl, act, inter.response, mode) from _call_slave_train
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 2203, in script call
    call slave_advanced_training(girl, act, step=2) from _call_slave_advanced_training_1 # Sets 'pic' to a specific fix if available
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 2256, in script
    $ not_tags = prepare_not_tags(girl, act, advanced_fix_list)
  File "game/BKinteractions.rpy", line 2256, in <module>
    $ not_tags = prepare_not_tags(girl, act, advanced_fix_list)
  File "game/BKfunctions.rpy", line 3741, in prepare_not_tags
    not_tags += all_sex_tags
NameError: global name 'all_sex_tags' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Brothel King 0.2
Sat Oct 30 06:59:09 2021
Follow the instructions on downloading the needed latest ver 0.2 patch and forcing recompile, included there.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Game throws an exception at startup? Deleted everything and redownloaded but nothing.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 309, in script call
    call expression "before_main_menu"
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 94, in script
    if not persistent.girl_mix["default"]:
  File "game/BKevents.rpy", line 94, in <module>
    if not persistent.girl_mix["default"]:
KeyError: u'default'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Brothel King 0.2
Thu Oct 14 17:55:13 2021
BK almost always uses a base code AND the most recent patch, for previous ver 0.15 and currently-worked-on ver 0.2.

Follow the instructions on downloading the needed latest ver 0.2 patch and forcing recompile, included there.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
What would you say is the average image size? I have no problem deleting everything above X MBs or above YxZ dimensions.
If you want to keep some future-proofing for next couple years, you could downsize everything above 1280x768 to that.

Here is a response from a frequent pack-maker:

I personally resize everything to (at most) 1000 X 1000. Remember that these are being displayed in-game, in areas with specific maximum space given to the pics. So there is absolutely no need for absurd resolution pics to be included in packs.

The tool I use to do this fairly easily is called Image Resizer for Windows.
A more-recent, but 64-bit only version of an image resizer is included in .

mortaljes

Oct 8, 2017
Need help no matter what i do i always get that error and can't find an answer on the forum.

image_2021-11-12_135535.png

Last edited:

Kite80

Modder
May 30, 2017
Please attach a full error log, it is important for gathering as many infos as possible about your issue

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Looks like some sort of installation problem, since the game claims a basic UI constant does not exist. Are you using the right game version/update combination, i.e. not 0.15b base + 0.2 update? Are you perhaps running things through the Ren'Py SDK or similar? Does reinstalling help?

mortaljes

Oct 8, 2017
Looks like some sort of installation problem, since the game claims a basic UI constant does not exist. Are you using the right game version/update combination, i.e. not 0.15b base + 0.2 update? Are you perhaps running things through the Ren'Py SDK or similar? Does reinstalling help?
I install the base game 0.20 and then the patch 0.2 when I launch then it give me that.
When I launch i just use the .exe
And no matter how many i reinstall it does not change

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
When i save it gives me an error?
No details about the error, no solution.

I install the base game 0.20 and then the patch 0.2 when I launch then it give me that.
When I launch i just use the .exe
And no matter how many i reinstall it does not change
How do you reinstall? You might try changing directories in case the name is overly long the name is not accepted or the directory is somehow protected. Does running as admin do anything?

Basically, something in your install is wrong on a fundamental level, but damned if I know what exactly.

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Need help no matter what i do i always get that error and can't find an answer on the forum.

View attachment 1497144
It is puzzling. Are you running on a phone or other small-screen mobile device?

You could try editing (with simple text editor) game\screens.rpy line 54 to read "ysize 160" or "ysize 240" to address this particular error. Running the program should recompile.

4.60 star(s) 44 Votes