Ren'Py Abandoned Brotherhood-Like-Scarlet [Demo] [Brotherhood Games]

Grigori_127

Modder
Dec 2, 2018
Here's the link to our discord
We are not planning to change the name, if the name Rogue-Like is a play on the roguelike style, the name Brotherhood-Like is a play on the name Rogue-Like.
Any girl can decide to join the Brotherhood at any point, in the comics a lot of heroes have done it and but Boom boom is definitely on our plans for the future.
We're planning the next update for end of July (hopefully we can keep it at monthly updates).

trlegacy

Jan 8, 2018
Oh that's a cool idea! I like the thought of going on missions with the girls, too. It always felt like you should have been able to do something that in Rogue-like. Will it work sort of like the date system?

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I am guessing this is going to be the bad guy version of Rouge like evoution lol.
The Devs could make it so we're able to interact with both sides. Obviously we wouldn't be able to join both, but it could perhaps allow different approaches to how we corrupt each girl? Imagine having the X-Girls sneaking out of the Mansion because they're addicted to Zero and need to get their fix. It would be an expansion to the other game, something that would certainly be welcome given how slow and inefficient Oni is.

We are not planning to change the name, if the name Rogue-Like is a play on the roguelike style, the name Brotherhood-Like is a play on the name Rogue-Like.
That's dumb.
We're planning the next update for end of July (hopefully we can keep it at monthly updates).
This is still a 0.1 demo so I'm not at all convinced that you'll do anything interesting, but, please, prove me wrong and keep it up. Even if you don't release monthly, as long as you're not as slow as Oni or Splendid Ostrich you'll do fine. I have nothing against people making Patreons before even having a playable game, but don't let that spoil and slow you down.

Judging by the screenshots you're using Rogue's introduction template for Wanda's introduction. Don't do that. Remember they're different characters with very different personalities, so they need their own dialogue and actions. Wanda wouldn't show you around the Brotherhood, she would barely even accept you in there before you proved yourself(I think), so maybe redo that more in character, use another character for the intro or simply have the player character walk around and get situated.

hcb69

Dec 10, 2017
Judging by the screenshots you're using Rogue's introduction template for Wanda's introduction. Don't do that. Remember they're different characters with very different personalities, so they need their own dialogue and actions. Wanda wouldn't show you around the Brotherhood, she would barely even accept you in there before you proved yourself(I think), so maybe redo that more in character, use another character for the intro or simply have the player character walk around and get situated.
Maybe don't judge by the screenshots and try the demo. She's not like Rogue at all

Reactions: Master Alaric

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
Maybe don't judge by the screenshots and try the demo. She's not like Rogue at all
I tried it now and you're right, she's not like Rogue at all, the dialogue options are the same but it plays very differently.

About the demo itself though, it's weak, for a few reasons.
I hope you'll allow us to play as a jerk like the original one did, like not saying sorry or being submissive when Wanda is being a jerk herself or we make Mystique naked.
It would be nice to see more skill-based reactions. In Rogue-Like we were able to stop the girls from forcing themselves on us (thus getting their fix) after a certain level. Since this game is after RL, we should be able to do that and more when needed, like stopping Wanda from throwing a bedframe at us.
And since this is after RL we should have a backstory with other characters besides Rogue, shouldn't we? Maybe give the player the option to describe how their relationship was like before being expelled.
Also, how come Rogue simply decides to get over you when she was a junkie back then? That was so frustrating.

These are my opinions.

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
ok, i always complain about Rougue- like and now, some Dev createt another one T H A N K Y O U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hcb69

Dec 10, 2017
I tried it now and you're right, she's not like Rogue at all, the dialogue options are the same but it plays very differently.

About the demo itself though, it's weak, for a few reasons.
I hope you'll allow us to play as a jerk like the original one did, like not saying sorry or being submissive when Wanda is being a jerk herself or we make Mystique naked.
It would be nice to see more skill-based reactions. In Rogue-Like we were able to stop the girls from forcing themselves on us (thus getting their fix) after a certain level. Since this game is after RL, we should be able to do that and more when needed, like stopping Wanda from throwing a bedframe at us.
And since this is after RL we should have a backstory with other characters besides Rogue, shouldn't we? Maybe give the player the option to describe how their relationship was like before being expelled.
Also, how come Rogue simply decides to get over you when she was a junkie back then? That was so frustrating.

These are my opinions.
Interesting suggestions.

The devs need time to get the gameplay at the same level as RL. But good thing is that the two devs who work on this game are highly prolific members of the mod team. Two devs should be more efficient than one, so I doubt it will be as slow as Oni. We will most likely see the new and improved Mystique in the next update. The current art is a placeholder. Also the devs have ideas to make this game fresh and not just a RL copy.