3.50 star(s) 16 Votes

ILW

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
I never understood the concept of having 50 characters with 0.1% content instead of 4-5 characters with a decent amount of content.. what motivation does that give to your average player/fan to play your game. Let alone support you..
I'm opening up places & locations before I start adding new content to others. The more location I open up & develop further. The more creativity & content I can provide for each of the existing characters. I get more opportunities

Plus, Patreon voted for DBZ over continuous development for this update. Not like you understand anything about game development. If you don't like how I develop my game, don't play it. Laura, Edna, Jezabel, Ratchy has content more than just 0.1%, stop with that cap man.

Last edited:

Joe Shmedly

Oct 31, 2017
Both of you are correct. You don't like the game don't play it. BUT that doesn't mean that something can't be criticized as long as it is done in a positive and not hateful manner. How else do we improve if all we are given are praises and our flaws are never made known. TACT, an important skillset to navigate society and its perils.

Kaidas comment isn't hurtful or meant to be insulting, it's an opinion, just that.

Jan 19, 2018
Is it currently not possible to apply the cheatcode to a save if you didn't apply the code from the second you started the game? or is there an option to still add the code later on in game?

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
So why will she not use glory hole in church?, it seems I cant progress until ive done it, but she never there

Kaiadas

Aug 17, 2017
I'm opening up places & locations before I start adding new content to others. The more location I open up & develop further. The more creativity & content I can provide for each of the existing characters. I get more opportunities

Plus, Patreon voted for DBZ over continuous development for this update. Not like you understand anything about game development. If you don't like how I develop my game, don't play it. Laura has content more than just 0.1%, stop with that cap man.
I gave your game a chance as much as anyone who supports you.. and i like the concept of an open world Simpsons game, but at the moment the lack of content and abundance of locked locations is more frustrating than promising.. Also who the F.. is Laura? and why is she prioritized over the main Simpsons characters? Well anyway.. it's a pass for me..

Don't like constructive criticism? How are you going to improve your game? and also this is a free forum..do u only listen to Patreon subs?
Don't want potential supporters? Sure.. your choice.. and i won't bother you anymore.. but my advice is to grow a thicker skin if u hope to have any constructive discussion. This is the internet after all..

ILW

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
I gave your game a chance as much as anyone who supports you.. and i like the concept of an open world Simpsons game, but at the moment the lack of content and abundance of locked locations is more frustrating than promising.. Also who the F.. is Laura? and why is she prioritized over the main Simpsons characters? Well anyway.. it's a pass for me..

Don't like constructive criticism? How are you going to improve your game? and also this is a free forum..do u only listen to Patreon subs?
Don't want potential supporters? Sure.. your choice.. and i won't bother you anymore.. but my advice is to grow a thicker skin if u hope to have any constructive discussion. This is the internet after all..
"50 characters with 0.1% content instead of 4-5 characters with a decent amount" is not a constructive critique in any way nor does it help.

If you really wanted to give a solid critique, give me one. For example, "I think you should improve HUD aspect, make it more user friendly. I would recommend adding a little guide icon". This is a much better, and more professional. Your critique is more of your own opinion rather than a proper critique.

I do look up to them & improve upon them. As for content, you got to think of it from a different two-way perspective. You are comparing a game where it has more locations, more characters, more features and more exploration to offer versus 2-3 characters that have more content but in a smaller world with so few locations. It's not fair to compare at all. It is easier to make more content with 2-3 character that has a small world. While this one, I am slowly trying to open up every location by giving some content for each character. It's a sacrifice for the better in the future, in the long run. It will be filled with contents way more than "3 characters with solid content".

Also, the development is still early, take it easy on me D : < . By the look of it, you haven't met Laura yet or probably 40-50% of other characters in the game, maybe I'm wrong. But there is more in the game then you think ;-;.

Your suggestions or anything you feel would make this project better is welcome. Please, tel me !

Thanks,

ILW

Last edited:

HillDweller

Mar 31, 2020
If you really wanted to give a solid critique, give me one. For example, "I think you should improve HUD aspect, make it more user friendly. I would recommend adding a little guide icon". This is a much better, and more professional. Your critique is more of your own opinion rather than a proper critique.
Sounds to me like you're construing smaller scoped criticism as "more professional", but IMO broad-stroke feedback like "maybe develop characters more depth first than breadth first" is not any less professional.
Kaiadas has a valid point and I agree - if you add too many placeholders now, invariably some of them will not receive the same attention throughout development and will remain like that forever, like you see in Summertime Saga even after years of development.

Kaiadas

Aug 17, 2017
"50 characters with 0.1% content instead of 4-5 characters with a decent amount" is not a constructive critique in any way nor does it help.

I do look up to them & improve upon them. As for content, you got to think of it from a different two-way perspective. You are comparing a game where it has more locations, more characters, more features and more exploration to offer versus 2-3 characters that have more content but in a smaller world with so few locations. It's not fair to compare at all. It is easier to make more content with 2-3 character that has a small world. While this one, I am slowly trying to open up every location by giving some content for each character. It's a sacrifice for the better in the future, in the long run. It will be filled with contents way more than "3 characters with solid content".

Also, the development is still early, take it easy on me D : < . By the look of it, you haven't met Laura yet or probably 40-50% of other characters in the game, maybe I'm wrong. But there is more in the game then you think ;-;.

Your suggestions or anything you feel would make this project better is welcome. Please, tel me !

Thanks,

ILW
Ok then, if u put it that way, i'll give you my mini-review criticism:
I like :
-The concept of a Simpsons adult game(it's not unheard of, others tried before with terrible results)
-The drawing style (much better than the other Simpsons games I've seen, though not perfect it could improve even more)
-The engine (i didn't see any game breaking bugs in the time I spent in the game)
-The writing is not bad, but the dialogues are a bit too long for my taste(which is a subjective thing. others may like it)

I don't like:
-Too many characters for this stage of the game. if you have that many underdeveloped at 0.5.7 how many will you end up with at 1.0? So many games have started with a good story/concept of well written close relationships, and were derailed into mindless Harems(either by Patrons' request, or by the boredom of their developers).
If you are starting with so many, you're setting yourself for a Burnout(unless you have a big team behind you), and also it's pretty hard for any fan to get connected to such a large cast of characters. It becomes a blur of generic interactions after a while.
My ideal scenario is a good base of main chars(like the Simpson family), with a supporting cast of a few side chars(to not have an empty city), but the focus is always on the main ones(plenty of interactions, events, close relationship) .. Just like the TV-series u know?
-Same thing applies to the buildings.. it's good to have plenty of them to avoid a stale city, but a map where 80% of the buildings are locked(with a coming soon sign), is not a fun place.. Either add them slowly with each build, or have them as a background until they are implemented in the story.

All the above are my opinion, u can take it with a grain of salt, or ignore it completely, but by no means is an attack on you or your skills as a developer.. as i said.. this is the internet, you can't take everything too harshly.. the game has potential, and that's why i even got into the trouble of sharing my 2cents.. else i would just ignore it(as i do with the majority of trash that come out weekly).

AwooHarpy

Jan 27, 2018
Why is the dev arguing with haters lol
Yeah they don't like the game, that's okay don't worry about it.

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
started a new game and the church bug remains lol, she does not come to the glory hole

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
It's a real red flag when dev starts acting like a whiny little bitch over a little criticism for a game that deserves a lot of criticism. It's already working similarly to other games that have gone for a long time milking supporters while making excuses for no content and blaming their critics. "If you don't like the game, don't play it"? What a childish reaction to criticism. Then if you don't like criticism don't read it.

It'd be great if there were a good simpsons game, but I won't have any expectations for this one.

ILW

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
started a new game and the church bug remains lol, she does not come to the glory hole
Not sure why you are encountering this issue ;-;. I've asked a couple of others, and they said they did her quest fine. I'll give you a full-length gif video later.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018

Thanks,

ILW
No offence but he is pretty much right about what he said, if you rush to add new characters, it will be harder for you to make content for the other characters you already have, this will just ask for even more hard work which will affect your game performance.

And personally, i think you should focus only on the content for the already existing characters rather than adding new characters this early in the game, especially when you have characters that needs more content, you rush things too much and too soon.

Adding new characters will also mean that you need to expand the story of the game and tangle it up so it will make sense and to be honest i don't see much sense on adding DBZ characters into a Simpson game, that's very random and unnecessary just like RE characters added randomly with no connection to the story whatsoever, but i passed on that one because it's one of my favorite games but it seems like you done it again which makes me ask the quality of your work, i thought that the game will focus first and foremost on Simpson universe and that's the reason i enjoy it first.

Last edited:

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
Here.
lol, it is not "rocket science" Ive done that, nothing ever trigger
maybe you need to add a "reset quest" to fix random things like this?
ofc it is not random for me as it been there for 3 new starts of different versions of the game

not sure what I was doing in this save, I just sorted by date and uploaded the latest,
but check the quest, it say to go church in evening, but when you do it is empty inside the confession thingy

edit:: btw the red song book to the left in church, is that the book the Organ girl want? you can interact with it, but nothing happens
edit2: I also noticed bug with laura as it say I am finished, but there are part of it I have not done, another part say I should find a way to clean the pool, but when I select the net he say he dont need it

jerome292

Jul 15, 2019
Ok, i succeed in making the save system work
I just need to move the game away from the desk or it fuck it up. Strange but it work now.

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Adding new characters will also mean that you need to expand the story of the game and tangle it up so it will make sense and to be honest i don't see much sense on adding DBZ characters into a Simpson game, that's very random and unnecessary just like RE characters added randomly with no connection to the story whatsoever, but i passed on that one because it's one of my favorite games but it seems like you done it again which makes me ask the quality of your work, i thought that the game will focus first and foremost on Simpson universe and that's the reason i enjoy it first.
Meh the simpsons are known to have celebrities and stuff on their episodes.
This is a game so it makes sense game characters make cameos instead of tv shows, much better than any celebrity.
Personally the only women I care about would be young Marge and Maude, probably Manjula too but I will take the cameos.
Hey dev do you plan to expand on cameos? Maybe a mini route with like 4 scenes and an ending would be cool.

ILW

Game Developer
May 26, 2017
Meh the simpsons are known to have celebrities and stuff on their episodes.
This is a game so it makes sense game characters make cameos instead of tv shows, much better than any celebrity.
Personally the only women I care about would be young Marge and Maude, probably Manjula too but I will take the cameos.
Hey dev do you plan to expand on cameos? Maybe a mini route with like 4 scenes and an ending would be cool.
DBZ is the first I did for this cameo, and I plan to finish that later down the line. As for another appearance, who knows ? Probably . But I would rather focus on developing what I have currently and continue it. Get to a point where almost every map is available & has content. Only then, I will think about it. But yeah, who do you want in the game ? Just curious.

3.50 star(s) 16 Votes