thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020

Hello all, friend and foe alike.
The new year is upon us, and for me it's time to get serious, and start our resolutions.
What I want from this year is to complete Business of Loving. It's been on and off of development for about 2 years at this point, and I think it's time it comes to a conclusion. I love this game and really really want to see it finished, every story line wrapped up with a nice bow. Some things that need to get done.
Fix Lorraine's Story Pacing - Gotten a lot of criticism on Lorraine's story pacing, and I agree! It can be done much smoother with a lot more romantic build up.
Conclude the main storyline! - It hasn't been touched much since the early few updates , and I'd love to see it come to fruition.
Get every planned character in. - There are still 2 characters that haven't been shown that need to get in!
Get Kim, Lily, Ramirez and ??? a pregnancy route. - I want at least 4 characters able to get pregnant. <3

More Animations. - 5 for each girl, at least.
Redo Ramirez' Storyline & Art - Not happy with how some of it came out, and I could fix the pacing up just a bit.

Fix Backgrounds and Settings - Some of the background art needs some much needed love.
Fix Bugs and learn more advanced coding. - I've learned a lot this year that I think I can definitely put into improving the game and it's code. Make it nice and shiny. (Maybe even for a Steam release?!)
So, that's about it. I wrote this up mostly as a roadmap/loose guide for myself, but I'd also love for you guys to see what's up and what I'm hoping to do. If anyone has suggestions, please share! I'd love to hear what you guys think I can do for a final release of the game.

Thanks again all for the support, have a happy new year and stay safe!!!
Hello all, friend and foe alike.
The new year is upon us, and for me it's time to get serious, and start our resolutions.
What I want from this year is to complete Business of Loving. It's been on and off of development for about 2 years at this point, and I think it's time it comes to a conclusion. I love this game and really really want to see it finished, every story line wrapped up with a nice bow. Some things that need to get done.
Fix Lorraine's Story Pacing - Gotten a lot of criticism on Lorraine's story pacing, and I agree! It can be done much smoother with a lot more romantic build up.
Conclude the main storyline! - It hasn't been touched much since the early few updates , and I'd love to see it come to fruition.
Get every planned character in. - There are still 2 characters that haven't been shown that need to get in!
Get Kim, Lily, Ramirez and ??? a pregnancy route. - I want at least 4 characters able to get pregnant. <3

More Animations. - 5 for each girl, at least.
Redo Ramirez' Storyline & Art - Not happy with how some of it came out, and I could fix the pacing up just a bit.

Fix Backgrounds and Settings - Some of the background art needs some much needed love.
Fix Bugs and learn more advanced coding. - I've learned a lot this year that I think I can definitely put into improving the game and it's code. Make it nice and shiny. (Maybe even for a Steam release?!)
So, that's about it. I wrote this up mostly as a roadmap/loose guide for myself, but I'd also love for you guys to see what's up and what I'm hoping to do. If anyone has suggestions, please share! I'd love to hear what you guys think I can do for a final release of the game.

Thanks again all for the support, have a happy new year and stay safe!!!
Damn! It's will be complete this year? I love this game 2 years ago since the moment I found it on itch, to think this year will be the end of the game.... Still feel like just 1 year wasn't enough to add everything and a decent ending for it, there's still so much for Dev to do with all the characters

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
is there a full femdom path with any of the lovely ladies where the MC accepts that, rather than goin i'm gonna make her pay for treating me like that?

ar1122

Dec 29, 2017
hi i like this game but could your make the mother a bit thiner sometimes she apears nice then sometimes she looks a bit fater and could you add a bush to the mother and more structure its way to easy i thnink.

ChrisHaze

Nov 12, 2018
Please put the original start as an option at least. One of the reasons I liked this game was because I wasn't related to the family he moved in with. Every game made now is incest this incest that, which I can get kind of get past since it's not real, but I get real happy when there is finally a non incest game, but nooo. Now it's been a while since I played, but I seem to remember him renting a room from this woman, but now shes his mom? why?

DiQ

Jul 3, 2017
stuck halfway with lorraine and lily. rp and dp to the max, no new scenes. lorraine repeats the same vibrator scene in the night and that's it. is this a bug?
Hi there. For everyone who stack at this and, actually, any where else in game:

Some scenes/roots have a condition like
Python:
if lorraine_degrade_scene >= 1:
   jump dg_lor_workout
   #mean that you have DG route only now and can't go Love route

elif workout == 0 and lorraine_degrade_scene == 0:
   $ lorraine_total += 1
   $ lorraine_scene = 5
   scene bg_house
   # etc. mean that you have Love route and can go through
So, this mean that if you want take all scenes you need complete the Love route 1st and don't DG event with character, even once. For Lorraine this ruined threesome route too, so i guess better finish Love route for Lily too.

GrimCiri

Game Developer
Apr 8, 2018
hi i like this game but could your make the mother a bit thiner sometimes she apears nice then sometimes she looks a bit fater and could you add a bush to the mother and more structure its way to easy i thnink.
there should be a txt file with the cheats as part of the main download anyways

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Please put the original start as an option at least. One of the reasons I liked this game was because I wasn't related to the family he moved in with. Every game made now is incest this incest that, which I can get kind of get past since it's not real, but I get real happy when there is finally a non incest game, but nooo. Now it's been a while since I played, but I seem to remember him renting a room from this woman, but now shes his mom? why?
No, the game was always like this. You have v0.7 which is the """normal""" version and then you have v0.7i which is the incest version. If you don't like incest, avoid the updates with the "i" on it.

caldess

Nov 12, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/script9_wallys.rpy", line 61, in <module>
NameError: name 'char_rp' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/script9_wallys.rpyc", line 61, in script
L��������j��}nq�p� ���[J�i�::R֫�,Y��DK$�R��\�z���r�^�3�ދ�l���2LCI��y�0�S�J���At_�?�fH��׳�\�����I�Y��\&�
File "D:\Crap Games\BusinessOfLoving-0.7i-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Crap Games\BusinessOfLoving-0.7i-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Crap Games\BusinessOfLoving-0.7i-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Business Of Loving: Special Edition 0.7i
Wed Jan 20 11:51:56 2021

Edit: This shows up when i try to talk to charlotte inside wally's

Any idea how to fix that?

Last edited:

DiQ

Jul 3, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/script9_wallys.rpyc", line 61, in script
L��������j��}nq�p� ���[J�i�::R֫�,Y��DK$�R��\�z���r�^�3�ދ�l���2LCI��y�0�S�J���At_�?�fH��׳�\�����I�Y��\&�
File "D:\Crap Games\BusinessOfLoving-0.7i-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "D:\Crap Games\BusinessOfLoving-0.7i-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "D:\Crap Games\BusinessOfLoving-0.7i-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Business Of Loving: Special Edition 0.7i
Wed Jan 20 11:51:56 2021

Edit: This shows up when i try to talk to charlotte inside wally's

Any idea how to fix that?
Something pretty strange with script name in traceback. But the next one sends you to RenPy core engine files with conditions then blah-blah and "name 'char_rp' is not defined" in 61 line:
Python:
label char_talk:
    if char_scene == 2 and char_rp >=1: #this is 61 line
        $char_scene = 3
        jump char_cuteness
and there is condition with AND option, so i guess problem is you enter the cheat that gain you char_scene (that skip scenes till v7.x) and/or char_rp (this is Charlotte RP, which at the beginning of her story you can only get in the first chat with her that you have bugged). There is condition error for initial story with Char.

So just try new game and don't use cheats OR use the .save editor (just google it) and find and change that variables there.

3.60 star(s) 28 Votes