BaeScout83

Nov 10, 2018
About the Discord: of course he had to remove everything reminding of this game. He would risk again the new created Patreon since they check that and also the new game thread here on F95. That's maybe the reason why there isn't even a link from the new game thread to this one.
This is exactly why the Discord was cleansed. I don't get where the Abandoned tag came from, as if people just assumed it after the Discord didn't mentioned it anymore and jumped to conclusions.

Wait a minute, he couldn't have the game funded on subscribestar? I know Patreon is Patreon, but what happened with SS?
SubscribeStar is notoriously slow to respond to new creators. Some have waited over a year. They are criminally understaffed, so some applications are just collecting cobwebs.

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
SubscribeStar is notoriously slow to respond to new creators. Some have waited over a year. They are criminally understaffed, so some applications are just collecting cobwebs.
Oh, that's what happened to me. I've just sent my petition, they just told me that they coudn't pay to my country (I replied them back that through their partner, Fiverr, they could pay me) and never heard of them again. Sigh, I know they are understaffed but they could at least put some effort on the new creators on their platform.

Jaga Telesin

Incestuous Harem Owner
Donor
Apr 19, 2023
Wait is paypal unsafe now?
No, I was addressing the question of why he didn't start up a site on a host that had a recurring donation module. It's insanely hard to do it solo and keep security strong enough to protect everyone if you aren't using someone else (like SubscribeStar or Patreon). Been in web development long enough to know you want to secure anything to do with money with companies that have their own security teams, unless it's 1-off payments (and even then still good to use someone else).

3.90 star(s) 115 Votes