Ren'Py By Another Name [v0.031] [Thornwell studios]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Question - since the gender of the MC can be chosen (M/F/NB), are the romance and/or sex options/encounters going to be different genders (F/M/NB)? Or is going to be only one of them (ie only girls, or only boys, or only NB)?
There will definitely be encounters with people who are women and non-binary, haven't planned any encounters with guys as there aren't any male characters in the game atm.

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Alas, the waters of what means what to the average person has been so muddied it's damned difficult to seperate the two. For myself, I'd see the seperate tags as a boon, but I imagine it would end up being a massive nightmare for mods to deal with in general.

On the topic of debatable dongs, is the male version of the MC the only source of sausage? While I recall reading the narration of being vaguely confused as to why everybody in the college was attractive, is it ever mentioned or addressed?

I also found myself getting a bit lot due to the massive roster of multicolored hairstyles and friends. Though, I'm fairly sure that'll be less of an issue when there is more content to sink into regarding the characters.
Currently the only character model with a dick is the male one. Enough people have been asking about it thought that I'm considering adding a choice for what genitals you have as well as what pronouns you use. It's just a lot more work for rendering H-scenes, and I'm just one person doing this, so...it's a consequential decision lol.

Reactions: Septima and doujin1

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Haven't played it much yet, but having female protagonist, nice looking renders, being sandbox, with that overview and that last screenshot, looks pretty promising, even though it apparently doesn't feature exhibitionism for some reason. That's the only bug I encountered so far.

I also had way too much fun answering some of those questions. Favorite color? PANTONE® 628U. Favorite food? Solid blocks of old milk.
Anything goes and it's been my favorite part so far.

Thank you, Dr Phil, very cool.
Most kinks, including exhibitionism, will be explored over time. The arc of the story is fairly long, so I'm not rushing into anything with sex. Gotta get to know the people, develop relationships with them. That's when kinks come out for real people anyhow :D

Also, love that you're having fun with answering questions lol. Was hoping someone would give answers like that, left it intentionally open-ended for that reason.

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Sorry for spamming a bunch of comments all at once, I just haven't visited this page before - Hi, I'm the creator of By Another Name, Thornwell Studios. Thank you to everyone who has tried the game, I hope you're enjoying! Just wanted to let y'all know that the first content update, v0.02, was just published today and is available now for free. Link to my itch.io can be found here:

Hope y'all have fun with it, let me know if you have any questions! :D

Reactions: doujin1

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Currently the only character model with a dick is the male one. Enough people have been asking about it thought that I'm considering adding a choice for what genitals you have as well as what pronouns you use. It's just a lot more work for rendering H-scenes, and I'm just one person doing this, so...it's a consequential decision lol.
No lie, especially for a one person band. It's a ton of effort, and worth the solid think. Best of luck regardless what you decide.

Barbfrank

Nov 1, 2022
I was hoping the NB option would let you pick your genitalia. Right now it's basically just the female option with different pronouns.

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
I was hoping the NB option would let you pick your genitalia. Right now it's basically just the female option with different pronouns.
Honestly, I'd much prefer the NB character model was more androgynous in general, but the program I create characters with isn't great at that. In general, I'm considering adding that option to pick genitalia when you choose your pronouns, but it'd add extra work to every scene I model in which the characters are naked. I'd essentially have to do the same scene multiple times with different character models. It's not off the table, but it's extra work and it's tough to justify spending my time on that rather than just...continuing to make the game, which is a lot more fulfilling for me. This is something I do in my time after work - I'm not really dying to make what are already the toughest scenes to model even more effortful. Maybe that'll change down the road though

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
ByAnotherName-0.024
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
If you have issues please use this thread or join us on !

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
...a mystery for me to solve that could force me to question the legacy of the man I was raised by?
Only one relevant question i see here:

Will i get more or less pussy if i solve it?

cbreezy122112

Dec 9, 2017
Unfortunately I dislike games where you're forced into scenes with characters I have no interest in and have rejected at every pass. Not sure if the looping "choice" to ignore Mariah's air conditioner is an actual bug or intentional, but it put me on her path despite her being lower than several other girls in affection

_tewi

Aug 4, 2020
English Title: "By another name."

Japanese Title: "What if I was an incoming college freshman, preparing to attend an elite private school on a soccer scholarship, when my dad unexpectedly dies right before the school year begins, leaving behind a mystery for me to solve that could force me to question the legacy of the man I was raised by?"

:rolleyes::D
it really dooby like that

darkdreamer138

Jul 28, 2022
I didn't even know that the question posed here was something anyone ever would have asked. Good thing we're getting an answer on it; though.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hmm...female protagonist without lesbian tag? Not good, but since it also has male and futa without gay tag i assume there are girls in the game, leaves the question:
Forgot the lesbian tag or is there is no content for me yet? Either way, follow-up question: Are dicks avoidable?

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes