Ren'Py By Another Name [v0.031] [Thornwell studios]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Unfortunately I dislike games where you're forced into scenes with characters I have no interest in and have rejected at every pass. Not sure if the looping "choice" to ignore Mariah's air conditioner is an actual bug or intentional, but it put me on her path despite her being lower than several other girls in affection
FWIW, it is not a bug, though I have considered removing that since I think it does make it seem like there's a way to opt out of the relationship, which there is not. It seems to just be confusing for people.

In general, this is a game where the majority of relationships will not be something you can opt out of. The only ones you'll be able to choose to skip will be tertiary characters that don't impact the story much. And there aren't a ton of those.

Totally valid if that's not your kind of game. But that's the game I'm making :)

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Hmm...female protagonist without lesbian tag? Not good, but since it also has male and futa without gay tag i assume there are girls in the game, leaves the question:
Forgot the lesbian tag or is there is no content for me yet? Either way, follow-up question: Are dicks avoidable?
Honestly, I didn't post this thread, so I didn't choose the tags - I'm not even sure if I can suggest adding them. Dicks are entirely avoidable. No character you romance has a dick, and you can play as a woman, so it can be an entirely lesbian experience if that's how you want to play!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Virulenz

cbreezy122112

Dec 9, 2017
FWIW, it is not a bug, though I have considered removing that since I think it does make it seem like there's a way to opt out of the relationship, which there is not. It seems to just be confusing for people.

In general, this is a game where the majority of relationships will not be something you can opt out of. The only ones you'll be able to choose to skip will be tertiary characters that don't impact the story much. And there aren't a ton of those.

Totally valid if that's not your kind of game. But that's the game I'm making :)
Perfectly understandable. You're making a quality game that's just not my cup of tea. I'm well aware that I'm in the significant minority here.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016

Thanks for the damn warning.. damn OP did not warn people properly tags missing and forced to deal with a damn futa.. fuck that no dicks for me!

• Angry
Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Thanks for the damn warning.. damn OP did not warn people properly tags missing and forced to deal with a damn futa.. fuck that no dicks for me!
There is zero futa content in the game. Either I'm not understanding what you're saying, or you need to google what futa means.

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Hey y'all - Version 0.03 is now available for SubscribeStar Members.

Version 0.03 adds:

• 350+ Images
  • 3 Animations
  • 20,000+ Words
  • 10 Events + 3 Dorm Mini-Events
  • 4 Main Events
  • 1 Aarya Event
  • 2 Caitlin Events
  • 1 Harper Event
  • 1 Mariah Lust Event
  • 1 Chemistry Event
  • 1 Pride Segment
  • 2 Darkroom Profiles
  • New Main Menu Screen
  • New Music
  • Bug Fixes and QoL Updates
  • New Compression Method to Shrink Size of Game (this release is actually smaller in file size than the last release! :D )

Version 0.03 will be available to the public on February 3rd, 2023. If you'd like access to it right now, you can become a SubscriberStar member at and get immediate access to this update, as well as exclusive renders, previews, and more!

CharaStudio-2022-12-02-21-35-18-Render (2).png chemtwo5.png aaryaone14.png CharaStudio-2022-12-16-21-52-00-Render (2).png CharaStudio-2023-01-05-19-54-02-Render (2).png CharaStudio-2023-01-11-13-05-06-Render (2).png mainfifteen5.png CharaStudio-2023-01-08-11-06-07-Render (2).png

Reactions: YadenYu

YadenYu

Jul 22, 2019
Version 0.031 is now available to the public
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: hthornwell

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
ByAnotherName-0.031
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

s1im

Jun 26, 2018
FYI - It seems to run just fine on Linux OS.

Maybe the OP should reflect Linux support, unless there's some problem waiting for me later on. I didn't run to the end of the current version yet, but only launched the game, changed some preferences, and ran through the first dozen or so pages.

Reactions: hthornwell

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
well this happend can i fix it somehow ?

View attachment 2368832
This means I missed a potential condition for the hint system, whoops. Sorry about that. If you send me a message on here or discord with a description of the last event you did, I can patch that and tell you what to do next so you don't have to wait for a new build. That being said, nothing is actually broken about the gameplay itself, so if you don't need a hint right away, you could still keep playing in theory.

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
FYI - It seems to run just fine on Linux OS.

Maybe the OP should reflect Linux support, unless there's some problem waiting for me later on. I didn't run to the end of the current version yet, but only launched the game, changed some preferences, and ran through the first dozen or so pages.
Neat! The build package I use in Ren'Py does say "Windows and Linux" for the PC version, but I only marked it as Windows because I wasn't able to test it on a Linux machine. I'm glad it works though!

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
There is zero futa content in the game. Either I'm not understanding what you're saying, or you need to google what futa means.
Well from what the statement from developer seems there will be unless understanding it wrong. Game is only 0.03 but don't want to start a game that will have futa in it. A girl trans that acts like a boy I can live with as that is not much different than a Tom boy but the other way around.. no thanks don't want any traps.

So can anyone clearly state will this game have futa or male trans as I don't want to deal with any traps at all.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018

if thats the way you want it, cool, but why Sandbox? If you are railroading the player regardles of what they want why not make a normal AVN?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
Well from what the statement from developer seems there will be unless understanding it wrong. Game is only 0.03 but don't want to start a game that will have futa in it. A girl trans that acts like a boy I can live with as that is not much different than a Tom boy but the other way around.. no thanks don't want any traps.

So can anyone clearly state will this game have futa or male trans as I don't want to deal with any traps at all.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're asking, because I don't think I ever said there'd be futa content in the game. Also...I am the dev :D Hopefully this will be more clear: unless you, the player, chooses to have a dick at the start of the game, there will be ZERO penises in the game. That's it. The only potential penis is yours, player. Never thought I'd write a sentence that weird...

• Haha
Reactions: Virulenz

hthornwell

Apr 9, 2021
if thats the way you want it, cool, but why Sandbox? If you are railroading the player regardles of what they want why not make a normal AVN?
Fair question! There are things about sandbox that offer more freedom for side events that wouldn't be feasible if it was a more traditional AVN. For example, there are a couple dozen dorm visit mini-events that wouldn't really find their way into the main story, but I think they do a good job of filling out the world and the characters a bit. They couldn't really exist in a traditional on-rails AVN format, but if the player gets to choose how they spend their time, they can choose to engage with the extra content if they want, or just spam-click through stuff to get to the full-events. That's part of why the hint system exists, so that people who just want the main story can get the most direct path there.

Also, there are player choices that affect the story, that just doesn't happen to be one of them. Being a "sandbox" game and having some major decisions, like whether a main character is romancable, are not mutually exclusive. Frankly, I wouldn't be against the idea of having each character be opt-in for their romance path if I was a team of 12 people and could write 15+ major variations of the story for every character the player chooses/chooses not to date, but I work a full time job and am just one guy doing this in my time off because I think it's fun to make. It's just not feasible for me to write a game like that. But I still wanted to have sandbox elements, so this was the best compromise in my eyes :)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes