VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

ReaperGD

Jul 29, 2020
Sad part is, Mimir's last update message was in July 21st saying they're "shooting for end of this month, beginning of next month....one or the other"
Best to do is wait and see if things are alright with the dev.

Reactions: lunar517

Truvelo

Jul 16, 2017
In my opinion, the developer had too high expectations, if you create your first game and want so much money right away, you just make a big mistake right from the start....
When taking the risk of creating a game, you have to be aware of various problems, if you have come this far, players like your game, but you as a developer for various reasons cannot continue creating the game, the only option apart from abandoning it is to simply sell the copyrights, players still will be able to play the game and the creator will earn some money.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1663529508632.png

Neutering your own game as opposed to making it better. Lazy way to sure dumpsterfire.

” This revision changes the ending of episode 1, albeit into a weaker one I must admit. However, this doesn't change the story at all, and everything I had planned for episode 2 prior to the revision remains unchanged. Also, although episode 1 looks weaker overall, I'd argue that this change will make episode 2 much more interesting, you'll just have to wait and see ;)

MAking your own game weak and uninteresting and failing to deliver the whole point of it, sure dumpsterfire.

Last edited:

Garen

May 6, 2017

There may yet be hope for this one.
I'm hoping against hope for its revival.

EP1 was quite girthy and well-written. There's a nice balance between edgy, funny and pervy. Also, I found myself pausing and leaning in super close to the screen at times to take note of all the micro expressions.
That speaks of the dev's dedication to the story they're weaving and I hope I'm right in that assessment.

screenshot0002.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0012.png

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes