VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

Chut12

Dec 11, 2019
Can a patch can be created like come inside which added content which was otherwise not present in game folder?

Jan 23, 2021
Some things really stop making sense when you try to replace a mother with a landlord. For example, if we replace the main characters mom with a landlady character, why would the main character act like he does with her in the story? Why is he mad at her but refuse to tell her off if she's being a dick to him if she isn't his mom? Why does he have a landlady when he's supposed to have just turned 18 recently, meaning he's been renting from her while he was a minor?

Dev creates the game his way and his way is without incest. Thats his only priority. I just adapt it, while trying to be faithful to his vision, to see what's possible in an incest context. Depending on how the story goes, its possible to make the mom a love interest, but I will refuse to do it if it strays too far away from the source material. Trust me, you don't want me changing too much of the story just to include incest. By the way, you guys should try the game in the original version and the incest and try to spot the differences. It's still very fun when they are best friends instead of siblings, and some relationship dynamics change between them.

myZone

Dec 20, 2020
Prob not as she is his actual Mom in the original version so I dont have images to work with. Well see what I can do though. No guarantees anything is going to happen, but if it does Mommy content could really only be added towards the end of the game, however long it takes to get there.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Some things really stop making sense when you try to replace a mother with a landlord. For example, if we replace the main characters mom with a landlady character, why would the main character act like he does with her in the story? Why is he mad at her but refuse to tell her off if she's being a dick to him if she isn't his mom? Why does he have a landlady when he's supposed to have just turned 18 recently, meaning he's been renting from her while he was a minor?

Dev creates the game his way and his way is without incest. Thats his only priority. I just adapt it, while trying to be faithful to his vision, to see what's possible in an incest context. Depending on how the story goes, its possible to make the mom a love interest, but I will refuse to do it if it strays too far away from the source material. Trust me, you don't want me changing too much of the story just to include incest. By the way, you guys should try the game in the original version and the incest and try to spot the differences. It's still very fun when they are best friends instead of siblings, and some relationship dynamics change between them.
Landlady insert is basically a meme at this point, and when you see people asking for it, it doesn't mean a literal landlord but some form of replacement to keep patreon at bay. It's just a form of censorship.

Also since you mentioned that the intention of the dev is for the game to not have incest, how do you explain the relationship between "MC's childhood friends" to his mom? Wouldn't that mean that she's basically their landlord? Kinda weird for them to share the same mother while not actually being related to eachother no?

Reactions: Aeriall and myZone
Jan 23, 2021
Landlady insert is basically a meme at this point, and when you see people asking for it, it doesn't mean a literal landlord but some form of replacement to keep patreon at bay. It's just a form of censorship.

Also since you mentioned that the intention of the dev is for the game to not have incest, how do you explain the relationship between "MC's childhood friends" to his mom? Wouldn't that mean that she's basically their landlord? Kinda weird for them to share the same mother while not actually being related to eachother no?
You should play the original version to see. Hannah and Audrey are siblings, Natalie is an only child. All of them are children of good friends of the main character's parents. Even the relationship between Audrey and the mom are different in the original. In the incest version, she is willing to fight against her mom for the main character at the dinner table scene. In the original, she doesn't defend the main character against the mom because the power dynamic is different; She's just a guest in the house and not the child of the mother, so to speak out against her would be out of her place. Later in the story, you will get to see the back story of the parents and why the girls are all living with the main character.

• Red Heart
Reactions: reeroll

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
You should play the original version to see. Hannah and Audrey are siblings, Natalie is an only child. All of them are children of good friends of the main character's parents. Even the relationship between Audrey and the mom are different in the original. In the incest version, she is willing to fight against her mom for the main character at the dinner table scene. In the original, she doesn't defend the main character against the mom because the power dynamic is different; She's just a guest in the house and not the child of the mother, so to speak out against her would be out of her place. Later in the story, you will get to see the back story of the parents and why the girls are all living with the main character.
I just don't see how you couldn't just switch it around and make the MC the "odd" one in the censored version which then would allow for him to have some fun with everybody. And it makes more sense for the parents to take care of one "stray" kid rather than bringing a whole village strays in under their roof.

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Rewriting the story at this point, just to make one more character romanceable, kind of seems like a lot of work for relatively little benefit. Especially for a dev who's doing this in their spare time and trying to get new content out to catch more interest. Not like I create games though, so that's just me speaking out my ass.

Putting that aside, I genuinely can't think of any other games like this, that actually include story significant yet non romanceable characters of the opposite gender. I'm sure they're out there, but I haven't encountered them... so I can appreciate a little uniqueness in the sea of sameness. I imagine if done well, it presents some room for character dynamics that can't normally be included if the dev is trying to "leave the possibilities open" or whatever.

Anyway, what drew me into and made me sub for this in the first place, besides the interesting start to the story, is that it has enough differences from the other stuff out there to catch my interest. I see the same things over and over, ad nauseum, to the point where I wonder why I bother trying half of them. Trying to cater to everyone probably has its benefits for drawing people in, but it can also often slowly kill whatever makes something special. I'm ranting a bit, but it grates me to see it happen repeatedly.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Putting that aside, I genuinely can't think of any other games like this, that actually include story significant yet non romanceable characters of the opposite gender. I'm sure they're out there, but I haven't encountered them... so I can appreciate a little uniqueness in the sea of sameness. I imagine if done well, it presents some room for character dynamics that can't normally be included if the dev is trying to "leave the possibilities open" or whatever.
The mom is also not romanceable in Pale Carnations, but MC has no siblings (very good game, I recommend)

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Did the dev removed that weird Audrey scene? Or he still kept it? Cuz there is no way I am playing this game again after that scene

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021

I assume you are the secondary account of the dev?

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
I assume you are the secondary account of the dev?
I generally hesitate to speak for other people, but hypothetically if they bothered to create a second account to post some stuff, it's probably because they don't want the things posted on the second account to be associated with the primary account. I imagine them then saying it is a secondary account would defeat the purpose.

Edit: TLDR: It's probably polite not to ask.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes