VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Just wondering how is the progress of game developed, there are still 12 days until the "next month", which is April now, end.;)

Last edited:

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Game is still being worked on. I'm about 80% done with renders. It's been hard balancing work and working on this on my free time. The plan is to quit work and do this full time but I'm not going to risk doing that until I can save a little more. Sorry it's taking so long.
Obviously not speaking for everyone, but I'm generally quite patient as long as there's some communication at least once a month. If you need more time, I'm completely fine with it if you tell us as much.

That applies even more with less established creators who aren't raking in the money, which you fall under.

If people get impatient, you could always throw out some teaser images for patrons haha.

Edit Spelling

Last edited:

Clasher1

Jul 29, 2021
Game is still being worked on. I'm about 80% done with renders. It's been hard balancing work and working on this on my free time. The plan is to quit work and do this full time but I'm not going to risk doing that until I can save a little more. Sorry it's taking so long.
Take all the time you need. Your game has great potential, at least to me and it would be a shame to rush it.
Plus, the better it is, the more chances you get to go full time on that game.

LightmanP

Modder
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2020
06.jpeg

Hey guys, sorry for the long delay in updates. I've been hard at work and haven't had much to say so I avoided posting anything. This'll be the last post before chapter 2 comes out. I am 85% done with renders and animations will come soon after. Between that and coding, bug testing and minor script edits, I'm estimating about 20-30 hours left of work to do. I'm hesitant to throw out any concrete release dates as I want to be sure that I have extra time to iron out any kinks if need be.

Let's talk a little bit about development. I switched from AI Shoujo to Honeyselect 2 in the making of this episode. As Honeyselect 2 has more modding support from modders, I am able to make use of those new tools. With this comes a little bit of experimentality, improvements in lighting, and other various areas. I've also tried to improve my skills (or lack thereof) in lighting and composition, areas which I felt extremely unsatisfied with in with episode 1. I've attached some sneak peaks, carefully selected not to spoil anything, that I hope showcases a little improvement over episode 1. I've also gotten faster and more decisive at crafting poses and facial expressions, which honestly take the bulk of the time in the rendering process. Some characters, apart from the newly revamped Junie, have minor, hopefully unnoticeable, alterations from their episode 1 counterpart to look more aesthetically pleasing and balanced under different camera angles. There's a really noticeable similarity in all AIS/HS2 models from the side which I have not figured out how to eliminate. If you ever wonder why I deliberately chose all frontal shots for renders in episode 1, this is why. As we move forward, I'll continue to make minor changes until each character is distinguishable from the side so I can make use of more camera angles.

Also, a few people have been asking about being able to romance milfs in the game. As far as romance and sex scenes go, with milfs or otherwise, only the main 6 girls have been planned. I may or may not decide to add more. Though I am currently leaning on "may not", if I do decide to add more, they will not have a significant part in the story. Remember this, as I am sure I am bound to get a flood of people asking me this question after episode 2 is released ;)

04.jpeg 05.jpeg 03.jpeg 02.jpeg 01.jpeg

w123t4

May 26, 2019
I just wonder which 6 girls can be romance, all I count is 5 who are neighbor, 3 sis and sis's friend, and the mom is no a Li, right?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I just wonder which 6 girls can be romance, all I count is 5 who are neighbor, 3 sis and sis's friend, and the mom is no a Li, right?
You never know in these games, it will take some turning her around though to make her a romantic interest beyond just sex. :p

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
If the dev won't introduce any more love interests and the mother is not one of them, we've already met 6 girls.
Junie (the MC's friend who woke him up at the start of the game), Hannah, Audrey and Natalie (the 3 sisters), Victoria (Audrey's friend) and San (Hannah's friend).

w123t4

May 26, 2019
If the dev won't introduce any more love interests and the mother is not one of them, we've already met 6 girls.
Junie (the MC's friend who woke him up at the start of the game), Hannah, Audrey and Natalie (the 3 sisters), Victoria (Audrey's friend) and San (Hannah's friend).
Oh right! Kind of forgot there were two sis's friend, thx for the remind

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Don't want to sound negative, but bro, don't do that. That's risky as fuck

Reactions: GrogGuy

w123t4

May 26, 2019
Really need to think that twice before you are doing it, already seeing too many example of that failure.
At first it seems lovely to have your hobby to become your job, then when the time passed and the passion vanished it turns into pressure and nightmare, tune the story into what people like but not the original one and damage the quality of story in order to earn the money, finally either end in endless delay to trick people's money or give it abandoned to go back to the original life due to lack of money.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Really need to think that twice before you are doing it, already seeing too many example of that failure.
At first it seems lovely to have your hobby to become your job, then when the time passed and the passion vanished it turns into pressure and nightmare, tune the story into what people like but not the original one and damage the quality of story in order to earn the money, finally either end in endless delay to trick people's money or give it abandoned to go back to the original life due to lack of money.
Even if it stays as a hobby, all you've said can happen

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Yeah, I'm not generally the type to share un-asked for life advice, but since it was brought up anyway... I'd also recommend at least waiting until the game is making a livable amount of income before considering quitting the day job. Granted, I'm the type who absolutely hates touching my savings, since I'd like to actually retire one day instead of working until I'm 6ft under.

Anyway, not like I actually know your situation. Maybe you've got it all figured out, in which case sorry for sticking my nose in it haha.

coolboy88

Jan 2, 2018
the girl would be boring without LI in Landlady (Mom). It's just a game or maybe its going to be surprise

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
the girl would be boring without LI in Landlady (Mom). It's just a game or maybe its going to be surprise
If you don't use the patch, the sisters turn into friends, while the mother stays his mother, so it doesn't look like she's going to be a love interest. Unless of course the dev has some sort of plot twist in mind, where the MC eventually finds out she's not his biological mother and that's why she's been acting like a bitch... That being said though, Patreon doesn't like stepcest either.

coolboy88

Jan 2, 2018
If you don't use the patch, the sisters turn into friends, while the mother stays his mother, so it doesn't look like she's going to be a love interest. Unless of course the dev has some sort of plot twist in mind, where the MC eventually finds out she's not his biological mother and that's why she's been acting like a bitch... That being said though, Patreon doesn't like stepcest either.
I'm using the Patch. I hope the MOM considered as Love interest in the future. Maybe a Step Mom?

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I'm using the Patch. I hope the MOM considered as Love interest in the future. Maybe a Step Mom?
Like I said, without the patch she's still a mother while the sisters turn into friends, so she can't be a LI. If the person creating it, who's definitely not affiliated to the dev :whistle: , wanted her to be a LI, he would have changed her into something else too. They could always make a patch that also adds extra images, if they change their mind down the road of course, but the way the current patch is created shows she won't be a LI.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DaughtersOfJanus
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes