VN Ren'Py Abandoned By Midsummer Moonlight [Ep. 2] [Mimir's Lab]

4.50 star(s) 38 Votes

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah, that should have been a choice. Find it sad when games force the sex scenes with characters you have zero interest in. Hopefully we have a choice option in a future update.
There won't be a choice, it's an important plot trigger

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Yeah, that should have been a choice. Find it sad when games force the sex scenes with characters you have zero interest in. Hopefully we have a choice option in a future update.
In episode 2, I am focusing on implementing more player choice into the visual novel, both major and minor. One of those choices is the ability to reject Victoria back in episode 1. I will force players to replay the ending (only if you load a save after the point where it branches) so they can experience the differences. It'll be a major choice that will change a lot of Audrey's storyline but it will lead to a more vanilla slowburn experience in the long run. Players who prefer the original with Victoria successfully coercing the MC into sex will not notice a difference in their playthrough than what I had intended.

Yuri L

Apr 28, 2017
In episode 2, I am focusing on implementing more player choice into the visual novel, both major and minor. One of those choices is the ability to reject Victoria back in episode 1. I will force players to replay the ending (only if you load a save after the point where it branches) so they can experience the differences. It'll be a major choice that will change a lot of Audrey's storyline but it will lead to a more vanilla slowburn experience in the long run. Players who prefer the original with Victoria successfully coercing the MC into sex will not notice a difference in their playthrough than what I had intended.
That sounds perfect because it was the only thing that stuck out to me. The amazing character interaction and how the player could get a sense of everyone's personality in just the first episode was the best part for me. Keep up the great work!

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Well yeah... tried it, good start overall, but i have some issues with it.

First, the music. I like Bakcground music to go with the mood. Thats really well made in the game, but why is it quiet all the other time? And the scenes where some music is playing, are short... most of the game there is no music at all. Dont know why.. pick some sort of fine background music and let it play all the time, and set some "moody" music for some "moody" scenes... as it is now, i just played some backgroudn music myself and turned it off when ingame music set in. but it is kinda, hmmm, boring? or something like that, to read a book or a VN without any music in the background (stricktly instrumental though)

Second issue... the animations, i think youre able to do much better than this. I can see a glimpse of what youre capable off in the last sex scene... but its just a very short loop... the animation itself is nice, but way to short and than just a loop... i think you can do way better than just very short loops. If not... well, i can do without animation at all, iam really not a fan of just short loops which rewinds only a second or even less.

Than... already discussed many times... the forced sex part with victoria.

Well yeha, you decided to make her a major plot part... so well, why do we get the choice in the bathroom to reject her if its not happening? You already planned the sex-scene ahead, so dont give us the option to choose, but if you give us the choice, make it worth it. Throw choices to the player and ignore them is a no-go.

You already wrote that you will change that... dont know if this is the right way to go on with the game. Did you planned out the entire plot beforehand or just going with the flow? My opinion? If youre just going with the flow... this will not work out well. Most games without a planned out plot from the beginning to the end are soon a mess, with a plot all over the place and characters with no personality at all cause they are acting different in every scene...

Its already a little bit in this case too... first the MC want to "reject" victoria (if we make this choice), a second later not anymore (and the choice is out of the window) and is even willing to have sex with her... and as far as we know... he didnt even had a real realtionship before

Make a plan and stick with it... give the characters a personaltiy (which you did, and really good ones too so far... only the ending ruined it) and stick with it, or maybe let it change over time... but not within seconds.

Hopefully you have a plan and can pull it off. Cause the game started really promising, until the ending of the chapter... if youre chaning that as mentioned, well, lets see how this will go.

Everything else is Top Notch, i like the look, i like the girls (besides Victoria and the Mom, played with incest patch of course), i like the sounds and the plot started well aswell, and the writing, the dialogues are really good too, not many games out there can entertain just with a "jog" or normal conversation, there is some good humor too in this. But yeah, the chapter ending was a bummer to me.

Will watch this project closely, cause it could be right up my alley. Without the forced sex part and ignoring choices... and come back after the next couple of updates i think to see where this is going. Thanks for the share, good luck with your work until then.

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
You already wrote that you will change that... dont know if this is the right way to go on with the game. Did you planned out the entire plot beforehand or just going with the flow? My opinion? If youre just going with the flow... this will not work out well. Most games without a planned out plot from the beginning to the end are soon a mess, with a plot all over the place and characters with no personality at all cause they are acting different in every scene...
I have a lot planned out from the start, from the beginning and the end, but a lot of what goes on in the middle of the story remains flexible and open to changes. I only decided to change it after pondering the long term consequences of rejecting Victoria and realizing that the endgame of where I want the story to go is still roughly the same regardless of what happens. Though the path and the details getting to that end point vary pretty significantly, I think it's still manageable on the development side of things. All that being said, I'm still new to this development thing, and I'm learning as I go. I think it shouldn't be too unreasonable to expect a few changes here and there as I reevaluate what works and what doesn't, though if I go overboard then do step in and correct me. But I'm glad you enjoyed what you enjoyed and thank you for your criticism. It helps a lot as things look a lot different from a developer's point of view than a player's.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I have a lot planned out from the start, from the beginning and the end, but a lot of what goes on in the middle of the story remains flexible and open to changes. I only decided to change it after pondering the long term consequences of rejecting Victoria and realizing that the endgame of where I want the story to go is still roughly the same regardless of what happens. Though the path and the details getting to that end point vary pretty significantly, I think it's still manageable on the development side of things. All that being said, I'm still new to this development thing, and I'm learning as I go. I think it shouldn't be too unreasonable to expect a few changes here and there as I reevaluate what works and what doesn't, though if I go overboard then do step in and correct me. But I'm glad you enjoyed what you enjoyed and thank you for your criticism. It helps a lot as things look a lot different from a developer's point of view than a player's.
perfectly fine, so you do have a plan, and we all know, plans change here and there in the middle of something... thats fine.

And if it will work out in the end, thats good. so everything seems that this game can get somewhere. Will wtach the next updates and if iam hooked, i think you can gain another patron :)

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
game is fun but kinda confused about MC's "Family"(incest patch) why does MC hate them? as the game goes on are we going to find out why? MC hates the Landlady(Mom) and the three tenants(sisters) but it really doesnt explain why
MC only hates the mom and big sis.... Twin sis and little sis are fine.... And yeah... You will definitely find out the reason later on... Should not expect the dev will show every cards on the first release

GrogGuy

Apr 3, 2022
Gave it a quick playthrough. Looks good so far!

My complaints have already been brought up by some other people or discussed by you, so no point in reiterating them in depth. Mostly more choice would be nice, but since things are early on, I hardly take fault with things being a bit more linear at the moment.

Enjoyed the dialogue and plot a lot, and definitely looking forward to learning more about the characters and the story. I'm a bit picky about art / graphics for these types of games, and thought things looked good. Only noticed a small issue with the the last scene 1st person view, but nothing that really bothered me.

Jan 23, 2021
Is the mom romance able ?
Prob not as she is his actual Mom in the original version so I dont have images to work with. Well see what I can do though. No guarantees anything is going to happen, but if it does Mommy content could really only be added towards the end of the game, however long it takes to get there.

• Red Heart
Reactions: myZone

myZone

Dec 20, 2020
Prob not as she is his actual Mom in the original version so I dont have images to work with. Well see what I can do though. No guarantees anything is going to happen, but if it does Mommy content could really only be added towards the end of the game, however long it takes to get there.
Please take your time.... Thank you...

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Maybe if we're loud enough he could just rechristen the mom to somebody else like a landlady or something that can be then changed back to mom via your patch.
I mean hes ready to rework the story based on player's feedback on the last scene so there shouldn't be a problem for such a minor change, we just have to push it! :D

myZone

Dec 20, 2020
Maybe if we're loud enough he could just rechristen the mom to somebody else like a landlady or something that can be then changed back to mom via your patch.
I mean hes ready to rework the story based on player's feedback on the last scene so there shouldn't be a problem for such a minor change, we just have to push it! :D
Wel lit doesn't have to be all out intercourse but they could just tease the idea... Maybe at the end they could do it all out just like the dev said. said... But if the dev wants it, it is possible I guess.

Reactions: Draverik

Chut12

Dec 11, 2019
Mother is must and dominating one will be a plus because all other games have soft type loving mother this is different she is not loving and strict.

Reactions: myZone
4.50 star(s) 38 Votes