Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
Happy New year

1640954391705.png

Anyway now that there is a big distracting picture in the way there is a general large announcement about the conclusion of the previous build.

That is, while the results of the poll are fairly self evident with a roughly 3:1 lean towards the existing format there is still the comments are also very illuminating. Essentially that I am making something unique and to strip that out would not be a good thing. It makes me very sad that I can't give everyone what they way, I haven't been around long but some of you have been very active and I've grown quite fond of you. I am still going to do my best to make the existing format accessible, document new content and minimize grind, but the game will go on in it's existing format.

I want to thank everyone for their input into this, the affirmation that I have something special, even if it isn't everyone's perfect game makes me want to surge forth with this game even more that I did before.

For those of you who don't get patreon builds... you'll get a far less buggy version in a week or two, about the same time when I think there is enough new content in either guides or actual content for it to be worth your while.

Pokemun

Jul 20, 2020
Glad to hear you decided to keep the format!

As for birth content, it definitely is an extra niche fetish. I personally am really big on pregnancy content, and while it's not a instant turn off for me I don't actually go looking for games with birth scenes. Although if it's an interest of yours I'd say go for it, I feel like the advantage of developing a game is you can make stuff you like.

MrHHH

Jan 5, 2018
As for actual birth content, I actually think thats an important question that I wanted to tackle at some stage. I'm actually quite fond of birth content but I'm a bit unsure of the desire for it (as well as the ability for me to actually produce the art). I've also noticed that it is so niche that there isn't even a tag for it in the tag guidelines here. My question is who wants to see it? Obviously it would be optional scenes so it isn't something to be actively repulsed by, but who wants to actively see it?
Maybe with an option to turn off the birth content?

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
I do like that better than it just being optional.

For a game like this about exploring dialogue options, it would be bad if people were unsure if they may encounter an optional fetish they have a distaste for. They could be much more confident if they knew it was disabled from the start.

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
The next public release is later today, as part of that it's going to have some expanded code to allow for better integration of other patches. This will probably completely break any existing patches, which isn't too different as I understand that someone else had to fix the existing one (it was a couple of pages back).

At the same time I imagine that whoever made the existing patch is watching and will update them almost instantly to the new standard.

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
Okay so new version is out. I wrote a small novel on patreon about it but the parts you care about are probably that:

• There is a Breast Expansion scene (That isn't the only new content)
  • The guide has massive reliability increases and is almost complete
  • Android compatibility
  • There is a debug cheat in the end screen to reveal the entire guide
  • The code to access the debug cheats is "icanread"
  • I've more or less worked through the list of promises I made so if you shout at me excitedly I'll probably cave and give you what you want
  • I've already requested that the thread be updated so that will happen when it happens. Thank the updaters for their valiant service.
  • More shit, I'm tired and going to sleep.
Anyway, so people can all come by and tell me that these boobs are just too god damned big, full version in game. I expect at least a few pages of that when I wake up:

1642081263850.png

Deleted member 254042

Oct 20, 2017
can i request a sex pose?
I wanna see MC french kissing Clara while having sex hehe.. Please, it's very Rare to see MC kiss her m*m while having sex and i think it's the hottest scene!!!

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Is Pregnancy NICHE though? The reason i ask is because niche tends to have sizable followings its just a vocal minority will tell you otherwise. Games with prominent NTR do really well for all the hissy fits people throw over them, Incest seems to be the most natural thing in the world around here and Trans/Futa content is in (in my own opinion) far too many games as standard yet is supposed to be 'niche' as well but like anything deemed niche i suppose as long as its an option then its all gravy.

My biggest issue is not that im against it (in fact i bloody well love pregnancy content) its the fact its a bait in too many games where you see the tag, get zero pregnancy sex scenes and oh look at the very end of the game a pregnancy LI is shown in a couple of stills. Its always good to see devs really invested into idea of adding more and especially games like this where youve massive boobs which makes for a great combo (for lactating scenes etc as well).

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Nunu312 lol nice password.
but i always read patch notes to determine if i should download now or save bandwidth for the next patch.
That and i'm usually a completionist about games so reading patch notes is a must do

whalat

Sep 27, 2017
Am I the only one who can't even open this latest version? I've tried rebooting and loading as admin and nothing happens. It's only this game too because I can launch other renpy games with no problems.

Edit: I've added the log, it's not very helpful.

Last edited:

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
Is Pregnancy NICHE though? The reason i ask is because niche tends to have sizable followings its just a vocal minority will tell you otherwise. Games with prominent NTR do really well for all the hissy fits people throw over them, Incest seems to be the most natural thing in the world around here and Trans/Futa content is in (in my own opinion) far too many games as standard yet is supposed to be 'niche' as well but like anything deemed niche i suppose as long as its an option then its all gravy.

My biggest issue is not that im against it (in fact i bloody well love pregnancy content) its the fact its a bait in too many games where you see the tag, get zero pregnancy sex scenes and oh look at the very end of the game a pregnancy LI is shown in a couple of stills. Its always good to see devs really invested into idea of adding more and especially games like this where youve massive boobs which makes for a great combo (for lactating scenes etc as well).
There is currently what I would consider end of game still pregnancy level content here... which is why I haven't slapped the pregnancy tag on yet. It would make Preglover sad. Pregnancy itself isn't niche, most of the top games have it, although my theory is that they have it because they've been around so long they got up to their pregnancy content.

Also I was referring to the Birth fetish as niche, given there isn't even a tag for it here. Also really there are like 8 hentai out there with graphic consensual birth scenes (That aren't tentacle, orc, guro, etc.) and half of them are done by the one guy. That being said I don't think I've currently got the assets for a crowning scene to even be possible so that much may be a moot point.

Am I the only one who can't even open this latest version? I've tried rebooting and loading as admin and nothing happens. It's only this game too because I can launch other renpy games with no problems.
What are you opening it on? Is there an error? This is a serious issue that I would like to resolve as fast as possible.

Reactions: anul

whalat

Sep 27, 2017
What are you opening it on? Is there an error? This is a serious issue that I would like to resolve as fast as possible.
Nope, no error I try to open the game and the loading symbol on my cursor flashes for a while and then nothing happens.

CabinByTheLake.exe starts for a second on the task manager and then closes again with no error, crash log or anything.

I'm on windows btw.

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
Nope, no error I try to open the game and the loading symbol on my cursor flashes for a while and then nothing happens.

CabinByTheLake.exe starts for a second on the task manager and then closes again with no error, crash log or anything.

I'm on windows btw.
As a fellow windows user I can confidently say that I cannot reproduce your error, which is not the news I wanted to give you.

The only thing I can think of, and I don't think this is likely with this just being you, is that some piece of persistent data is causing a crash. While there are copies of this stored in the game folder, Renpy also stores a copy in app data here:
C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\CabinByTheLake-1631758833
Deleting the persistent data file will probably, and sadly, reset the skip function for seen text but it may also solve the issue.

Besides that if you are using an outdated patch, that may be causing issues?

Reactions: Midori6

whalat

Sep 27, 2017
As a fellow windows user I can confidently say that I cannot reproduce your error, which is not the news I wanted to give you.

The only thing I can think of, and I don't think this is likely with this just being you, is that some piece of persistent data is causing a crash. While there are copies of this stored in the game folder, Renpy also stores a copy in app data here:
C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\CabinByTheLake-1631758833
Deleting the persistent data file will probably, and sadly, reset the skip function for seen text but it may also solve the issue.

Besides that if you are using an outdated patch, that may be causing issues?
That did it, thanks!

4.20 star(s) 60 Votes