Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
When I try to click on the guide button while talking with Jenny or if I click on any of Jennys events to check the tree for it I get an exception because JennyGarden171 is not defined.

Feb 8, 2020
Hey Dev, if you're listening, First off I LOVE THE GAME. The Art and character design is a big win for me. The fetishes are fantastic. The story is solid. I say this with love, but the whole "time loop" thing just isn't working. It's great you tried something new, but it's starting to detract heavily from the merits of this game as a whole. AGAIN, I LOVE THIS GAME!!! But I am making an honest appeal to you that maybe it would be better to reframe the game into a more traditional linear gameplay/ sandbox while its still early on. I'm really afraid that in like three updates time, it's just gonna be impossible to play the game from the beginning. I think you could most easily adapt this into an eternal reunion thing with some deus ex machina, like say they planned on having a quick weekend getaway but some virus outbreak in town caused the government to put the whole place on lockdown. Instead of having the corruption levels be manually activated, just have checkpoints after lust events that cue new options automatically. It makes things feel more organic that way, plus I'm now at the point where I'm skipping over all the text that I've read hundreds of times now just to change one option each playthrough. I appreciate the effort you put in with the guide, truly, but it honestly doesn't help much. I don't think any type of guide will work well for this game system, it's just a baked in problem. Making things linear also makes it easier to flesh out the fetishes. You had a scene where the MC and Alex talking about how breast message can cause boobs to grow, alex says her boobs are still growing, imagine how much better it would be if you gave them a week of breast messages to have visible results in the growth of her boobs. Instead of having "dreams of the future" you could just turn them into actual events you could actually reach. My ultimate would be the MC getting to know all the girls fetishes and helping them develop them over time. Or you could have the MC guide them to his personal preferences over time. I think it would be great if he was able to develop a harem of pregnant girls with lots of breast expansion because he worked with alex to guide the rest of the girls towards that goal. Other players might choose a different path like indulging the vampire girl, finding some sort of relic that turns the MC into a vampire, and turning the rest of the girls into his vampire brides. You open yourself up a lot by making the decision to go linear, and will be able to develop the story more instead of spending time trying to make the "loop" concept user friendly. You can still do a lot of interesting ideas with a linear story, and make a much more personalized experience. Hell, you could even make defined endings for all the girls like I listed above, like complete the alex ending with all the girls having expanding breasts and pregnant bellies, AND THEN do a loop to start over with perks to get another girls ending. Get the endings for all the girls and unlock a special ending. Just please, seriously think about it. I am seriously worried that a great game might turn sour because of an unsustainable mechanic.

Last edited:

Chaosweaver1120

Aug 21, 2016
Does anyone know how to unlock the achievement The Beginning: Meet someone that doesn't exist? It's the only thing I'm currently missing.

Jul 22, 2020
Hey sorry to jump in here but I seriously cannot get past the first night thanks to this pop up
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/screenDayhandler.rpy", line 192, in <module>
KeyError: u'd2morningDefaultScene'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/screenDayhandler.rpyc", line 192, in script

File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Cabin by the Lake 0.03e
Sun Dec 19 13:58:05 2021

no less than three times i have tried to run it and no less than three times has this appeared and if i ignore it i get more of them so i do not know what is happeing here but it is not working

Epsilon66

Nov 15, 2018
Hey sorry to jump in here but I seriously cannot get past the first night thanks to this pop up
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/screenDayhandler.rpyc", line 192, in script

File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Cabin by the Lake 0.03e
Sun Dec 19 13:58:05 2021

no less than three times i have tried to run it and no less than three times has this appeared and if i ignore it i get more of them so i do not know what is happeing here but it is not working
Activate the fix in the menu before starting a cycle.

Reactions: satan10

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
So I've been lurking in this thread since last release, I would have poked my head up earlier but I've been working on the bugs and experiments and I've had a lot to think about. Firstly I wanted to apologize about the amount of bugs that the guide has caused. I've heard it called untested and I can see why you might say that... particularly in regards to the bug where the game will crash if you play the prologue. That being said the game has in fact been very heavily tested by myself and my patrons in the weekly releases, but heavily tested is not the same as thoroughly tested. Significant things made it through the cracks and some of them just don't make sense. I tried to do something that should work, but Ren'py refused to let that thing be stable. Thusly the size of the hot fix grew and grew and it's going to end up less a hotfix and more a re-architecture of the underlying variable system that runs the new guide. That's not done yet.

Similarly, despite my attempts to make the game easier to play with these guides are having the same problems they've always had. That's not a problem with my guides, and it's not a problem with the players (players can't be wrong about how they feel), it is rapidly becoming apparent that it is a fundamental problem with the basic mechanics of the game. In it's current form this issue is irreconcilable.

That being said, there are quite a few people who are very fond of the basic mechanics of the game, which puts me in a tough spot where I am left with essentially a lose lose decision where I'm going to have to tell one group of people who have been immensely complimentary of my work that I wont be able to let them enjoy what I make. And that's something I refuse to do blind or without input. Therefore I give you:

This is a specific version of the game that I have broken in half and wrapped around a more user friendly way to play, instead of progressing through time you will have full access to every scene that you have unlocked. It will still loop as usual when you want to reset the world and spend corruption, and I've scraped the guide out of it because that would be even more buggy in this version. This is not a polished build though, it is an experiment, I did the bare minimum because it is essentially a gameplay test. If the general consensus is that this version is the way to go then there will be a pile of rewrites and polish that needs to go into it, not two long and sleepless days between me moving office.

Play the game, see how it works and assume that if there is an easily solvable problem it will be solved. Then go to that thread and vote on the poll, leave a comment, spam gifs of giant titties or something. Everyone has been so good about giving feedback and I want to be able to meet your expectations.

Finally:
Christmas AlexHaily Preg.png

Rex01

Dec 7, 2021
So I've been lurking in this thread since last release, I would have poked my head up earlier but I've been working on the bugs and experiments and I've had a lot to think about. Firstly I wanted to apologize about the amount of bugs that the guide has caused. I've heard it called untested and I can see why you might say that... particularly in regards to the bug where the game will crash if you play the prologue. That being said the game has in fact been very heavily tested by myself and my patrons in the weekly releases, but heavily tested is not the same as thoroughly tested. Significant things made it through the cracks and some of them just don't make sense. I tried to do something that should work, but Ren'py refused to let that thing be stable. Thusly the size of the hot fix grew and grew and it's going to end up less a hotfix and more a re-architecture of the underlying variable system that runs the new guide. That's not done yet.

Similarly, despite my attempts to make the game easier to play with these guides are having the same problems they've always had. That's not a problem with my guides, and it's not a problem with the players (players can't be wrong about how they feel), it is rapidly becoming apparent that it is a fundamental problem with the basic mechanics of the game. In it's current form this issue is irreconcilable.

That being said, there are quite a few people who are very fond of the basic mechanics of the game, which puts me in a tough spot where I am left with essentially a lose lose decision where I'm going to have to tell one group of people who have been immensely complimentary of my work that I wont be able to let them enjoy what I make. And that's something I refuse to do blind or without input. Therefore I give you:

This is a specific version of the game that I have broken in half and wrapped around a more user friendly way to play, instead of progressing through time you will have full access to every scene that you have unlocked. It will still loop as usual when you want to reset the world and spend corruption, and I've scraped the guide out of it because that would be even more buggy in this version. This is not a polished build though, it is an experiment, I did the bare minimum because it is essentially a gameplay test. If the general consensus is that this version is the way to go then there will be a pile of rewrites and polish that needs to go into it, not two long and sleepless days between me moving office.

Play the game, see how it works and assume that if there is an easily solvable problem it will be solved. Then go to that thread and vote on the poll, leave a comment, spam gifs of giant titties or something. Everyone has been so good about giving feedback and I want to be able to meet your expectations.

Finally:
View attachment 1553827
Was it you who made promise to make android port?
I'm waiting.

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
Was it you who made promise to make android port?
I'm waiting.
No it wasn't.

I made an internal note to look into it but did not announce anything because I didn't know if I had the testing environment to guarantee the quality of a first party release on that platform.

Rex01

Dec 7, 2021
No it wasn't.

I made an internal note to look into it but did not announce anything because I didn't know if I had the testing environment to guarantee the quality of a first party release on that platform.
Ah, my bad. I mistook you for someone else. Another dev promised me. His game uploaded here on the same day as yours so I was confused.
Back to the topic, no hurries.
I'll wait. As I'm willing to play and report any sorts of bugs which you provide support. A responsive dev is always appreciated ^_^

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nunu312

Pokemun

Jul 20, 2020
So I tried .03 and the experiment version.

Honestly I like where your game is going, the in game guide makes finding paths much easier, it's clear you worked hard on it, and the playability is vastly improved.

I personally like the loop version, it distinguishes your game from others, and I think it's a really awesome concept.

I would love to see more small corruption bonuses, like the one that starts Alex at +2 love. Getting bonuses more often might make people feel like they are progressing more between each run.

My only gripe was I was still somewhat confused when unlocking Alex's first corruption, and the game is pretty limited on the fun scenes at that point, so replaying that super early loop felt more grindy. Corruption 1 and 2 are a blast because you have so many more scenes and paths to explore.

Looking forward to your progress, you are doing an exceptional job!

Vlo

Sep 23, 2017

Finally:
View attachment 1553827
Throwing my thoughts out here just because I dont have a patreon account and am too lazy to make one.
It is unfortunate that this release ended up quite buggy, but most people probably wont mind as long as a timely hotfix comes out to address the major gameplay stopping issues.
I personally think the base mechanics of the game are great and should be kept if possible.
It adds great replayability and I find it fun to explore the various paths and see what changes between each loop.
Regarding people not understanding the mechanics, I feel a more indepth tutorial would help alleviate the confusion and frustrations players are facing.
I remember playing the earlier version and feeling similarly, and I only managed to get anywhere because there was a picture guide showing Alex's paths and how to unlock corruption points.
A quick example of what I think would be a good enough tutorial to get people understanding
Do prologue loop and introduce characters and explain corruption points and how to unlock some of them (Going with current version, unlock 5 and Alex C1 just by doing prologue)
After, have player go through menu and turn on Alex C1, then do a second loop and point out how she has changed because of what they just did in the previous loop.
I think something like this + a polished guide would help everyone figure out how the looping works.
Hope this helped.

PS. Is Alex pic6c in the game? I spent some time trying to figure out how to get it, but figured it was probably included but not written in yet.

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
Throwing my thoughts out here just because I dont have a patreon account and am too lazy to make one.
It is unfortunate that this release ended up quite buggy, but most people probably wont mind as long as a timely hotfix comes out to address the major gameplay stopping issues.
I personally think the base mechanics of the game are great and should be kept if possible.
It adds great replayability and I find it fun to explore the various paths and see what changes between each loop.
Regarding people not understanding the mechanics, I feel a more indepth tutorial would help alleviate the confusion and frustrations players are facing.
I remember playing the earlier version and feeling similarly, and I only managed to get anywhere because there was a picture guide showing Alex's paths and how to unlock corruption points.
A quick example of what I think would be a good enough tutorial to get people understanding
Do prologue loop and introduce characters and explain corruption points and how to unlock some of them (Going with current version, unlock 5 and Alex C1 just by doing prologue)
After, have player go through menu and turn on Alex C1, then do a second loop and point out how she has changed because of what they just did in the previous loop.
I think something like this + a polished guide would help everyone figure out how the looping works.
Hope this helped.

PS. Is Alex pic6c in the game? I spent some time trying to figure out how to get it, but figured it was probably included but not written in yet.
Pic 6 C is not in the game. Originally I was writing it that you could ask to have a photo of her playing with you, but I just couldn't quite get the scene feeling right so I scrapped it.

And yeah, there are so many improvements I want to make to the game but I only have so much dev time. The current guide 's data forms the core underpinnings of so many different systems for better guides and leading players through the game. If the game goes through in it's current form I'm planning no fewer than four separate layers of guides that can be bought like the luckstone was originally. Things like highlighting choices leading to progress and stuff. A small hint of a drafted rework of the end screens I did where there is a reasonable information density rather than just menus:
1640003242487.png

Part of the current experiment is to just prove to myself that I'm doing everything I can, that I can only compromise so far in design and it isn't a healthy mentality to continue to go for what the literal everyone (rather than the far more common, metaphorical everyone) wants. So regardless of the outcome (which is currently quite one sided) I will be able to push forward with a decision made with full transparency. I pay a lot of attention to my emotional state and work ethic on this project, not because I'm in danger of burning out, but because I never want to even come close to being in danger of burning out. And this is all part of that.

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
i read this thread and there is lesbian content is it avoidable? if I can have both lesbians for the MC I play
The plan is: you fuck everyone.

The more complicated answer is that sexuality for some people is much more of a complicated concept that whether you like tits or dicks. On the one hand very few of the women here hold a physical attraction towards you, but that doesn't mean they aren't attracted to you for other reasons or even just willing to express love physically despite a lack of sexual attraction. For all these reasons jut because some one is gay doesn't mean they can't like dick (although in the real world it is a pretty good indicator) and that doesn't make them any less a lesbian.

That being said lesbian elements are pretty light thus far. nothing a healthy red blooded male like yourself should be concerned about having to skip over.

Pokemun

Jul 20, 2020
That potential between run screen looks nice. Definitely appreciate the amount of effort you are putting into the gameplay aspect of your game, most devs get stuck into the content first mentality. It's nice to remember that it's a porn game and not just a porn video.

Also replaying this version I'm looking forward to some of the future content you have alluded to in the game. I feel like it's set up to corrupt Sami from stuck up to back to her younger pervy self which sounds like a lot of fun.

4.20 star(s) 60 Votes