Azentide

Apr 17, 2020
can someone help me unlock lisa's suitcase? i found all of the hints but i cant seem to figure out the combination.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Oof, there really needs to be more wiggle room with these corruption paths. You shouldn't need to be glued to the guide to optimize points and/or decision paths. It makes the gameplay suffocating, especially early on.

More than half my time is spent on that event tree, trying to figure out which decisions gives the most points and what conflicts will occur so I can just barely hit the requirements on time for a specific event.

And there's so many outright traps too. I can't tell you how long I wasted exploring options to try to get Sami to 8 jealousy for the 1st corruption level. When in reality it turned out the game doesn't even make it possible until several loops later when Alex and/or Haily are already decently corrupted.

TLDR Really hope the game loosens things up as to make the guide more of a guide instead of the crux of the gameplay.

Jan 21, 2022
Oof, there really needs to be more wiggle room with these corruption paths. You shouldn't need to be glued to the guide to optimize points and/or decision paths. It makes the gameplay suffocating, especially early on.

More than half my time is spent on that event tree, trying to figure out which decisions gives the most points and what conflicts will occur so I can just barely hit the requirements on time for a specific event.

And there's so many outright traps too. I can't tell you how long I wasted exploring options to try to get Sami to 8 jealousy for the 1st corruption level. When in reality it turned out the game doesn't even make it possible until several loops later when Alex and/or Haily are already decently corrupted.

TLDR Really hope the game loosens things up as to make the guide more of a guide instead of the crux of the gameplay.
I naturally experienced that pitfall since with most, if not all games, I'm accustomed to locking on to one aspect and sticking with it until I see it all the way through. That really does not work in this game both plot wise and from a gameplay perspective. Just click random options and enjoy seeing things play out and it'll expand naturally as you progress to the point where most things become pretty clear (some are just hella tricky even with the hints). It can be a bit tough in the beginning with the lack of options but it's the start and around halfway through the corruption levels the stats basically don't matter with all the passive boosts from some of the girls' corruption levels and as development progresses stuff. You don't need to be glued to the guide so that's absolutely your own fault for playing a way that's for somewhat counterintuitive to the game's design rather treating it as a sort of puzzle game. No shame or disrespect towards you though, I felt the same pain early on but I hope you can tinker with your mind and play in a way that's more enjoyable as I did for this game. Also there's cheats just sitting there in plain sight if you really want them. You can also roll back or just end runs at any moment and ctrl once you've seen dialogues (or skip everything by changing the preferences).

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I naturally experienced that pitfall since with most, if not all games, I'm accustomed to locking on to one aspect and sticking with it until I see it all the way through. That really does not work in this game both plot wise and from a gameplay perspective. Just click random options and enjoy seeing things play out and it'll expand naturally as you progress to the point where most things become pretty clear (some are just hella tricky even with the hints). It can be a bit tough in the beginning with the lack of options but it's the start and around halfway through the corruption levels the stats basically don't matter with all the passive boosts from some of the girls' corruption levels and as development progresses stuff. You don't need to be glued to the guide so that's absolutely your own fault for playing a way that's for somewhat counterintuitive to the game's design rather treating it as a sort of puzzle game. No shame or disrespect towards you though, I felt the same pain early on but I hope you can tinker with your mind and play in a way that's more enjoyable as I did for this game. Also there's cheats just sitting there in plain sight if you really want them. You can also roll back or just end runs at any moment and ctrl once you've seen dialogues (or skip everything by changing the preferences).
I mean playing it as a CTRL holding puzzle and just restarting the entire cycle every time you inevitably mess up one of the oddly specific unforeseeably related flags or miss a weirdly high early game point threshhold is also kinda counterintuitive though. Neither playstyle makes for a very enthralling experience.

Imo, there's definitely an issue if players are running into this pitfall. The game would be better off being more lax and generous where it can be to minimize how many runs get hard trashed. Instead it often feels like it's trying to go out of its way to trip you up with how stringent and unforgiving some objectives are.

Some more examples. I watched Haily and Sami arm wrestle early loop. This randomly cost me my main run objective late in the loop when Sami's swim training got hijacked by a Haily drowning sequence. Simultaneously I find out that I can't get my 4th nerve point on Lina with Haily in the camp, because her presence entirely changes the sleepover sequence. Which then ruins my plans to do Lina corruption 1 in the next run because the game arbitrarily decided it really needed every last one of the listed nerves to even begin advancing this character's corruption. These really aren't player mindset issues.

Reactions: RoughlySpecific
Jan 21, 2022
I mean playing it as a CTRL holding puzzle and just restarting the entire cycle every time you inevitably mess up one of the oddly specific unforeseeably related flags or miss a weirdly high early game point threshhold is also kinda counterintuitive though. Neither playstyle makes for a very enthralling experience.

Imo, there's definitely an issue if players are running into this pitfall. The game would be better off being more lax and generous where it can be to minimize how many runs get hard trashed. Instead it often feels like it's trying to go out of its way to trip you up with how stringent and unforgiving some objectives are.

Some more examples. I watched Haily and Sami arm wrestle early loop. This randomly cost me my main run objective late in the loop when Sami's swim training got hijacked by a Haily drowning sequence. Simultaneously I find out that I can't get my 4th nerve point on Lina with Haily in the camp, because her presence entirely changes the sleepover sequence. Which then ruins my plans to do Lina corruption 1 in the next run because the game arbitrarily decided it really needed every last one of the listed nerves to even begin advancing this character's corruption. These really aren't player mindset issues.
Now you're thinking with portals! Just gotta learn to enjoy it and if you can't then the game might just not be for you or maybe it'll get tweaked down the line as it's still a work in progress after all. I can earnestly say I enjoyed the experience of the pitfalls and learning curve because I like the solving the puzzle and routing everything in my head as I go along and inevitably fuck up a run or abuse quick saves cause my dumbass misclicked a couple dialogues choices when I forgot the plan or like you said, had to tweak corruption levels and bonuses to get all the mails and upgrades.

When I'm not playing visual novels I'm probably playing a soulslike, roguelite/roguelike, or gambling so I love bashing my head against walls at slightly different angles until something happens. Even then some stuff is absolutely convoluted and super specific and I struggled plenty so I understand that's likely too much for some people which is totally fair. I honestly can't think of a way to improve it since I enjoy it as is and I hope you can learn to do the same or dev takes your feedback into consideration for you and players like you at some point so that you can enjoy it then.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nunu312
Jan 21, 2022
I like the solving the puzzle and routing everything in my head as I go along and inevitably fuck up a run or abuse quick saves cause my dumbass misclicked a couple dialogues choices when I forgot the plan or like you said, had to tweak corruption levels and bonuses to get all the mails and upgrades.
At one point I started playing with a pen and paper for a bit.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Now you're thinking with portals! Just gotta learn to enjoy it and if you can't then the game might just not be for you or maybe it'll get tweaked down the line as it's still a work in progress after all. I can earnestly say I enjoyed the experience of the pitfalls and learning curve because I like the solving the puzzle and routing everything in my head as I go along and inevitably fuck up a run or abuse quick saves cause my dumbass misclicked a couple dialogues choices when I forgot the plan or like you said, had to tweak corruption levels and bonuses to get all the mails and upgrades.

When I'm not playing visual novels I'm probably playing a soulslike, roguelite/roguelike, or gambling so I love bashing my head against walls at slightly different angles until something happens. Even then some stuff is absolutely convoluted and super specific and I struggled plenty so I understand that's likely too much for some people which is totally fair. I honestly can't think of a way to improve it since I enjoy it as is and I hope you can learn to do the same or dev takes your feedback into consideration for you and players like you at some point so that you can enjoy it then.
I suppose it's not for me or at least not yet, cause I did in fact just lose interest after that last described pointless run killer. But I do feel like one could get all the same ideas across without having the main objectives be so obstinate.

For example, you can easily get across that Sami is a tsundere with exploitable jealousy and Lina is a radical voyeur fetishist without requiring such painfully attained threshholds. Just lower the early game reqs or increase early opportunities. And make sure events you consider important are not so easily arbitrarily skipped/overridden. The worst that could happen by doing this is allow the routing connoisseur to fit in another objective in the same run.

And if that doesn't scratch that itch, then optional hard to reach events like group stuff can later be added to compensate. It's certainly better than taking it out on the first timers just trying to get their 1st corruption level while they only have access to 10% of the dialogue paths. This type of loop game already commonly struggles with repetition by its nature. Design wise, minimizing the needless restarts over seemingly intentionally screwing players is obviously the way to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoughlySpecific

zhiphius

Jul 26, 2022
Is there a guide or walkthrough anywhere? I'm pretty stuck at alex already, corrupted her once and the guide jumped right to corruption 2 instead of helping getting corruption 1 :p

Jabbababba

Jul 28, 2022
Might be i just dont know how to play the game. But i do follow the in game guide, but i cant make head or tail of what to do. But oh well. I'll try to clean the game files (appdata and all) and see what happens.
You need to go in the end of loop summary to Alex and click on Corruption 1 once you've unlocked it.

Reactions: zhiphius

Kracken36

Apr 17, 2021
How the hell are you supposed to get Lin's panties for Lina's events? I gave up and revealed paths and I still don't see anything about Lin's panties. Haily is easy enough to do.

Nunu312

Smut Peddler
Game Developer
Jul 25, 2018
How the hell are you supposed to get Lin's panties for Lina's events? I gave up and revealed paths and I still don't see anything about Lin's panties. Haily is easy enough to do.
Lin's panties are in a suitcase in her room. If you talk to Lin about it a note will appear in the kitchen.

4.20 star(s) 60 Votes