VN Ren'Py Abandoned California Bound [v0.0.6 early access] [Suo Mynona]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
I kind of figured this was going to happen. This is one of them that, I wish I had the talent to render, or I would see about picking it up, alas my talent is not in rendering.

Reactions: FookU2

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
I kind of figured this was going to happen. This is one of them that, I wish I had the talent to render, or I would see about picking it up, alas my talent is not in rendering.
I really think this one had a really interesting premise, but this was doomed to fail. I agree with icarlc.

Sadly, the author's vision didn't seem to match the audience though. The game started with it being first person as a female protagonist. While that isn't wrong, it does limit the audience significantly. personally I'm here to look for sex scenes and faces are part of the package for me. It was also open sandbox so that limits any storytelling. He then focused on fixing his broken game, but didn't add new content, which is admirable but that should have been done before he ever started a Patreon.

I think this was an amateur who got overwhelmed by his project.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
It probably failed because it was the same generic female protagonist type game that you see a shit ton of that end up dying. Might of had a different story but still had the same take girl around to get molested and raped by every Tom Dick and ugly fat bastard there is in the game. For me I was interested in the game but only the female part of it as they were talking about adding some female content to the game.

Sep 10, 2018
Sad to see this one bite the dust but too ambitious plus not enough time to work on it = multiple year development anyway. Took me way too long to click that the developer name is anonymous spelled backward.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ILCjr

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
...or maybe it failed cause the dev just got burned out on this project...just like all the other devs who just ghosted everyone.
It's way too common. But...I liked the idea of the game. If someone were to remake it, start from scratch, or just somehow pick this one up from where it was left off, I'd be all for giving it another shot.
But, ...time to delete the files.

Reactions: Tumai and idungoofd

idungoofd

Feb 7, 2019
Total bummer how so many of these games ended up abandoned...totally like to full out aggressiveness of the story at the beginning.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Updated and added new download links.
Game is still abandoned.

Reactions: UncleVT
3.30 star(s) 4 Votes