Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I just want to say unlike other people who were disappointed with the endings. I was happy with the Kara ending it's exactly what I hoped for when playing this game. My MC settles down and starts a family with her that is all I wanted in an ending with her.

Hopefully you are able to use the experience you gained from this game to make your next game much better I'm personally hoping the player will have more control over who they want to have a relationship with. The unavoidable relationships and sex scenes with characters were my main problem with this game, along with not being able to stop Rachel trying to seduce Kara.

I liked most of the story and the renders got much better overtime as you got more experience, the better quality renders are the thing I'm most looking forward to for your next game.

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
Multiple endings always leave people desiring a version that fits their idiosyncratic experience and expectations of the VN or game simulation.

Callisto pulls together some interesting elements. I would have liked landing on a water planet to transport algae as a commodity, a jungle planet to transport exotic hardwoods, or a tech world to smuggle electronics... or any number of other things that could be injected into a scifi VN... but I have enjoyed it for what it is, and I am looking forward to a resolution of the story.

I greatly prefer this approach to other VN's that get the reader invested into a storyline only to hit the reader with a "Game Over" screen that abruptly ends everything... or force you into choosing which love interest perishes in a house fire... or face several options that all run counter to established character behaviors.

Maybe you don't wind up a harem wrangler... and just about everyone got nuked in Rogue One, frak it all... that's just the way the story arrived at the author's conclusion. It might not have ended the way folks preferred, but remember that a sequel seems to be in development and A New Hope led to The Empire Strikes Back.

The compressed version just finished downloading, so it is time to hit the jumpgate. The avalanche has already started; it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

Reactions: hisstoryman

nazgarD

Feb 28, 2018
As a challenge, come up with a concept for what you define as a harem ending and then see whether it is consistent with the characters in the game and their projected futures.

Just because the ending isn't exactly what you define as a harem ending, does not invalidate that there are harem elements through 90% of the game.

When did you first know that your harem game wouldn't have a harem ending? Did you immediately communicate that to your supporters? If not, why?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
When did you first know that your harem game wouldn't have a harem ending? Did you immediately communicate that to your supporters? If not, why?
Here's the problem with that.

You see, those of us that read the story knew it wouldn't have a harem ending because all the girls wanted different things, it just wasn't going to end well with everyone.

Common sense is a thing that exists.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
How dare you pretend we have common sense?

Next thing you will ask we are decent and respectful!
And polite.

If nothing else it would be amusing. An piracy site for adult games filled with people being polite and respectful.

That's about as likely as 4chan leaving the 90's behind.

• Haha
Reactions: Loxxxthenasty

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
There are 4 available endings. You have not been successful enough in the final battle to trigger the Lia ending. This success depends upon decisions you have made since v0.60.

I would say roughly 20 hours. It depends a lot on how much of the repeatable content you choose to experience. As another guide, there are 112,000 words of dialogue. This is equivalent to about a 400 page paperback novel.

To those complaining about the lack of a harem ending:
The game story and character development is such that what you are defining as a harem ending makes no sense. As a challenge, come up with a concept for what you define as a harem ending and then see whether it is consistent with the characters in the game and their projected futures.

Just because the ending isn't exactly what you define as a harem ending, does not invalidate that there are harem elements through 90% of the game.
I may be wrong in this, and I admit, I never got to support this game, though I have played it here and there. I like the story, but had other projects that I was supporting, plus there were elements of the game mechanics that I found to be rather meh. Look, I get what you say in theory about the harem thing. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you started out wanting to do a harem style game, but through out the development of the game, things kind of changed with the personalities of the LIs. However, most players define a harem game as one where they end up with all of the LIs at the end, not merely just fucking them through out the game, then ending up with only one, maybe two, etc. So, of course they're going to be disappointed in the endings. Now with this being said, I am going to play the game since it is finished, because as I said, I like your story, and am interested in seeing how you ended it.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
This is the last thing I am going to say of the matter.

Callisto is a sci-fi game with harem elements. It is not and never has been, a harem game. The tag applies, because there is an option for repeatable lewd contact with multiple girls, without severe consequences.

The reaction from those that want a harem ending, is one of the reasons why quality developers rarely create them.

I'll leave you with a quote from Tiffany:
I would do anything for you [cname]. I want your heart to be mine, mine alone.

PS: If you are still upset that such an ending doesn't exists, post a little outline of what it would entail and see how the community reacts. It's far easier to complain, than create and publish content.

Last edited:

dranoman

Apr 11, 2021
Welp. No matter if I choose the optimal sequence for what support I have, I can't get any endings other than failure. Tough, lol.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Good stuff. I'm preferring multiple endings vs harems more & more. Most harems I've played tend to be bland with very little personality and drama. Perfect MC, so all women put aside their differences out of love for him. It just works! Zzzzz

Reactions: Alfius

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you started out wanting to do a harem style game,
As far as I remember it was never intended to be a harem style game.

It only got the harem tag because the MC was able to have sex with multiple women but it was never going in the harem direction.

There were arguments about it here and there and it was only a matter of time before they made him choose.

Tiff was never going to share full time.

iC4v3M4n

Jul 19, 2020
It feels like it's been forever since i came across a game that i haven't played yet AND is completed, let's give this a go :cool:

Congrats on finishing the project Xavster (y)

Reactions: Old Man Al

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
I am not upset that there is no harem ending but it feels like there should have been at least a semi harem ending given the characters had seemingly started to be ok with something like a harem with the exception of Tiffany. The lack of an ending where Lia and Tanya were together with you or where Kara stayed with you and some other girl in particular felt out of character.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
This is the last thing I am going to say of the matter.

Callisto is a sci-fi game with harem elements. It is not and never has been, a harem game. The tag applies, because there is an option for repeatable lewd contact with multiple girls, without severe consequences.

The reaction from those that want a harem ending, is one of the reasons why quality developers rarely create them.

I'll leave you with a quote from Tiffany:

PS: If you are still upset that such an ending doesn't exists, post a little outline of what it would entail and see how the community reacts. It's far easier to complain, than create and publish content.
That still does not make sense as there are other games on this site that do not have the harem tag but have option of repeatable sex with multiple girls without any consequences, yet some have a harem ending in the end while others don't. It seems the problem stems from your misunderstanding of the term harem. If this was the outcome then you should have made it clear from the beginning, and clarified what it is and isn't. If it is tagged with HAREM, then people are going to expect that it is going to be a HAREM game. Not clarifying this for so long seems pretty dishonest, as if you didn't want to say and lose support therefore leaving the tag and messing with player expectation. Like someone said before it feels like a bait and switch.

As for the outline I have already made a short one and the community seems to be very receptive/positive on it at post https://f95zone.to/threads/callisto-v1-00-xavster.34378/post-7930473

Last edited:

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
Now that the harem discussion seems to be somewhat over, I'd like to express my disappointment at the lack of sexytimes in the endings, at least let us put those babies in kara!

Also, on a separate suggestion, I'd like the option to go back to the sandbox after the end credits, to access the repeatable scenes

and on a less serious note, come on, it's a far off sci-fi future, they could have totally made jerry into a cyborg or something to let him live longer

riddikk91

Apr 22, 2017
I can't wait to play this!! I last played about 4 updates ago and have been trying to bonk the blue warrior chick (forgotten her name it was so long ago!) SOOOO bad... I hope we finally get a chance to do exactly that!!! :devilish: :alien::love:

4.20 star(s) 118 Votes