1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
I love unity. It's an engine that made developing games way more democratic than it has ever been. And made the entire porting part of game development WAY easier than before.
With that said it's not perfect, sadly. And while i can do build for Linux it's completely possible for stuff to break. And i don't have the time to fix stuff for Linux at the moment.
If you really want to have the Linux version anyway. I can always also make a Linux version available. But keep in mind that Linux for now will receive minimum support.

(There's too many parts of the game lacking for me to focus in bugfixing stuff in 2 builds, i already have to bugfix stuff in the Microsoft build every release with a hot fix. Granted that this last one was because I am stupid.)
I'm quite certain that nearly of all the bugs that might be found in a non-windows version, will be the same bug as in the windows version. The only games I have noticed, that have several platform specific bugs after it has been made to run on the different platforms, have been medium-large commercial games that has a complexity that almost all of these small scale 'hobby projects' found on Patreon and here doesn't have. So I don't think you need worry about them, especially if you keep to vanilla Unity :) I also say this because there's a lot of persons here too, that really would like an android version. And platform in-dependency need to be thought in from the start, if it is an afterthought it will become much more messy than it needs to be. I'm only telling you this because the mac/linux/android segment might net you 10-20% more Patrons, and you will build up competency rather than breed in weakness ;)

Deleted member 81569

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
I'm quite certain that nearly of all the bugs that might be found in a non-windows version, will be the same bug as in the windows version. The only games I have noticed, that have several platform specific bugs after it has been made to run on the different platforms, have been medium-large commercial games that has a complexity that almost all of these small scale 'hobby projects' found on Patreon and here doesn't have. So I don't think you need worry about them, especially if you keep to vanilla Unity :) I also say this because there's a lot of persons here too, that really would like an android version. And platform in-dependency need to be thought in from the start, if it is an afterthought it will become much more messy than it needs to be. I'm only telling you this because the mac/linux/android segment might net you 10-20% more Patrons, and you will build up competency rather than breed in weakness ;)
So.... I think things might not work because I am reading xml from a outside folder, that's why it allows modding. I know that it doesn't work without adjustment for mobile. Not sure about linux/mac. A good chance of having issues.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
So.... I think things might not work because I am reading xml from a outside folder, that's why it allows modding. I know that it doesn't work without adjustment for mobile. Not sure about linux/mac. A good chance of having issues.
XML is platform in-dependent, and is it a good idea to use such web filth in a Unity game, if you use stuff like that shouldn't you just make a browser based game and be done with it??

Reading an XML file shouldn't break compatibility, since every version is specifically compiled for that system.

Deleted member 81569

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
XML is platform in-dependent, and is it a good idea to use such web filth in a Unity game, if you use stuff like that shouldn't you just make a browser based game and be done with it??
That's the deal: I want the game to be moddable. XML is very widespread and relatively easy to use. Thus why I am using it on the game.

PS:XML should works fine, the way that the game handle XML might not work since it's not a unity thing.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
That's the deal: I want the game to be moddable. XML is very widespread and relatively easy to use. Thus why I am using it on the game.

PS:XML should works fine, the way that the game handle XML might not work since it's not a unity thing.
Well... you'll know the shitshow called XML after your first 5k lines of XML code, I wish your sanity well! *hat off*

Cayn

Oct 31, 2019
Hi, your game is still lacking content, but the idea is not bad. Would be great if you can walk the more evil slaver path as well like in No Haven. Keep up the good work :)

Glaz64

Jun 11, 2017
Certainly looks like it was heavily 'inspired' by No Haven. As long as it borrows the quality along with everything else, then it should be good.

Not sure about that banner though. A series of unfinished menu screens is not an inspiring sight.

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
Wow this game is getting "better":WaitWhat: by each release.
This one soft crash on the first mission ork raiding.:ROFLMAO:
Also eagerly waiting original ideas from the dev.......still waiting:cautious: Ok ok this bug fest in public release is certainly near original but not desired at all:sick::devilish:
I do not mock for no reason: Clean up your :poop: before release :mad:

Last edited:

Deleted member 81569

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
Wow this game is getting "better":WaitWhat: by each release.
This one soft crash on the first mission ork raiding.:ROFLMAO:
Also eagerly waiting original ideas from the dev.......still waiting:cautious: Ok ok this bug fest in public release is certainly near original but not desired at all:sick::devilish:
I do not mock for no reason: Clean up your :poop: before release :mad:
I mean quite frankly... You also never give useful information.

In your first post you talked about not hard coding traits, when i had a image showing that player can add and remove traits because it's XML files.

And now this.... I mean... make me a favour and move on then... Your opinion isn't useful, like at all.

PS:The mission you are talking about isn't even in the game anymore...

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
I mean quite frankly... You also never give useful information.

In your first post you talked about not hard coding traits, when i had a image showing that player can add and remove traits because it's XML files.

And now this.... I mean... make me a favour and move on then... Your opinion isn't useful, like at all.

PS:The mission you are talking about isn't even in the game anymore...
Good idea
v0.2.1b

virusexe

Jan 11, 2018
Some option is missing to be able to eliminate recruited members who are very disastrous, whether selling them as slaves or expelling them, sometimes it is better not to have them try to level them up.

It would help that the skills cancel each other out of the skill lists, that is, if you have "slow" and "fast" is taken so that they are canceled so that they do not take up space in the character's text

When viewing the results of the missions, being able to see the next or the previous mission without leaving click the Close button (that is, a previous and next button within the reading of the missions)

Deleted member 81569

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
Some option is missing to be able to eliminate recruited members who are very disastrous, whether selling them as slaves or expelling them, sometimes it is better not to have them try to level them up.

It would help that the skills cancel each other out of the skill lists, that is, if you have "slow" and "fast" is taken so that they are canceled so that they do not take up space in the character's text

When viewing the results of the missions, being able to see the next or the previous mission without leaving click the Close button (that is, a previous and next button within the reading of the missions)
Oh boy.(I and the writer had a long discussion about the first point, TLDR: Removing slaves and slavers is a "reward", read getting rid of a dead weight )

About the first part it's proposital. Removing bad characters is a reward. Some missions allow it in a bad result.(Maybe we should create a mission where this function is clearer, and in a good result)

If you have slot fast shouldn't even be shown in the level up UI, if there was the option the game is bugged, i will take a look at it.

Viewing sounds like a good idea, do you think it should cycle through the notifications in the day or all the notifications?

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Hi, your game is still lacking content, but the idea is not bad. Would be great if you can walk the more evil slaver path as well like in No Haven. Keep up the good work :)
Care to elaborate a little bit about the "evil" slaver part? I'm curious what people would expect for that?

Cayn

Oct 31, 2019
Like brainwashing, mindbreaking and forced transformation in No Haven. :whistle: A man can dream...

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Yeah, that will be in there, I'd argue that mindbreaking is already in with the Advanced Obedience Training.
Fail some missions, the more fucked up content is there (atm, it will change later with more missions being written) and I have no problem with writing all of those and even more fucked up shit, sooo... yeah, dreams come true sometimes. :)

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote