1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Jorenthar

Donor
Apr 15, 2018
Am getting some No Haven vibes from this game. I haven't downloaded it yet though. Might do in the future though.

camberhorse

Feb 17, 2018
Heh, from the itch.io page:

"Recently i discovered the game No Haven and while it's a excellent game it's made in RAGs a game engine that isn't created for that kinda of game."

He then proceeded to make his own game with Unity...

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019

"Recently i discovered the game No Haven and while it's a excellent game it's made in RAGs a game engine that isn't created for that kinda of game."

Got a better suggestion for this type of game? Ren'py would be totally unsuitable. So that would mean Python. Though this could be done in RPGMaker as well, if that's your preference? Or for those really wanting to go extreme, I could suggest Delphi or C. Overall, Unity is fine.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Error in the Drinking Contest:

1601141151085.png

Error in event "Fight with Prisoner"

1601141495352.png

Advanced Obedience Training Crushing Success has error
1601141652501.png

Recruiting in the Slums crushing failure
1601143448094.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 81569

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017

? I mean, Unity3d is probably the most versatile engine in the market right now.

I could make it in unreal but that would be a hell of overkill given that the game is 2D.

In game maker and RenPy i would be close to what the No haven dev did, picking an engine made for a type of game and do black magic fuckery to make it work for another type. Odds of it ending with the same fate of No Haven,game falling apart because of that is high.

So i'm curious, what would be your suggestion?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Can you send me the save file?

Reactions: Dripping

bismism

Sep 4, 2017
Is there like a repository/directory of some sort for peoples' modded content at all? Having one would be nice as like a hub for people to find and upload the stuff they make, if there isn't.

Deleted member 81569

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2017
Is there like a repository/directory of some sort for peoples' modded content at all? Having one would be nice as like a hub for people to find and upload the stuff they make, if there isn't.
Hello.

We have a channel in the discord for modding. But... truth being said the game never got enough traction to have modding community, at least not one that i'm aware of. But if you want to start one please do. And contact me on discord if you have any suggestions to what could make your life easier in modding/sharing.
(I just ask for no loli/shota content. It can bring too much trouble and i would not have headaches with the project)

On the same note the update that is supposed to be the next would add new, easier tools to mod the game.(Have an actual modding interface instead of editing XML files)

But things are a bit crazy right now for me, for good reasons. (I am in talks of 2 of my others games receiving funding from publishers)

So development for this one got put in 4º plan.

Smallfrie

Dec 25, 2018
? I mean, Unity3d is probably the most versatile engine in the market right now.

I could make it in unreal but that would be a hell of overkill given that the game is 2D.

In game maker and RenPy i would be close to what the No haven dev did, picking an engine made for a type of game and do black magic fuckery to make it work for another type. Odds of it ending with the same fate of No Haven,game falling apart because of that is high.

So i'm curious, what would be your suggestion?

Can you send me the save file?
the best fit for this kind of game the dog:rolleyes: shit design programs lkt Twine that use html5/java the same time
also viable solution the Qsp engine:devilish:
flash is of the past just dont:eek:
rpg maker is for combat oriented/map built in games:geek:
RenPy if for vn:love:
Unity3d and similar are for non xxx games only:(
If any project that do not folow this list will face lots of problem bugfest(n) or just performance drop:poop:
If its still success then congratulations you have used up far more human resources than logical or just used premade shell:sneaky: from outside/previous work like Japanesse Illusion studio :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
1.00 star(s) 1 Vote