• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Vombalk

Jul 9, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 313, in script
    s "You need to try harder, [_p:name]. Girls need to be won over!"
ValueError: Invalid conversion specification

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 313, in script
    s "You need to try harder, [_p:name]. Girls need to be won over!"
  File "D:\Downloads\camp-1.8-win\camp-1.8-win\renpy\ast.py", line 694, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\camp-1.8-win\camp-1.8-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1322, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Downloads\camp-1.8-win\camp-1.8-win\renpy\character.py", line 1114, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=True))
  File "D:\Downloads\camp-1.8-win\camp-1.8-win\renpy\character.py", line 1103, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "D:\Downloads\camp-1.8-win\camp-1.8-win\renpy\substitutions.py", line 244, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 596, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 613, in format_field
  File "D:\Downloads\camp-1.8-win\camp-1.8-win\renpy\character.py", line 1026, in __format__
    return format(unicode(self), spec)
ValueError: Invalid conversion specification

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
CampPinewood 1.8
Thu Apr 11 21:30:24 2019
when talking to star fire at begining of game

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
It's not just them though.
Look up Star Citizen.
$200 million dollars, $27,000 single buy DLC for systems that don't exist in-game yet, and still going after 6 years with unplayable ultra early alphas.
Yeehaw~
Oh god no... don't remind me how much more I've spent there than I can afford - I'm an original backer. Still, I can't quite agree - sure, SC is late as eleventy dozen fucks (and will be soooo much more...) but it's rather obvious there is a game in there somewhere, at the end of the tunnel, and they're proven capable of making it (or something close enough). No, it's not a game proper yet, and still, it already game me some of my most memorable gaming memories... so... I'm not going to throw stones there.

KS / Patreon though... they're definitely burning through good will at full tilt. To note just one thing - there's literally no way to report a project for being a blatant fraud (like a "free energy" generator, of which there are more than one being "funded" at any given time on KS). There's simply no option to select saying "this project is an obvious fraud" when trying to report a campaign - all they care about is IP or ToS infringement (which ToS carefully avoids requiring anything to actually FUCKING WORK). There's zero deniability there - they are willingly turning a blind eye just as long as they get their cut. Nuking from orbit is too good for them...

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Oh god no... don't remind me how much more I've spent there than I can afford - I'm an original backer. Still, I can't quite agree - sure, SC is late as eleventy dozen fucks (and will be soooo much more...) but it's rather obvious there is a game in there somewhere, at the end of the tunnel, and they're proven capable of making it (or something close enough). No, it's not a game proper yet, and still, it already game me some of my most memorable gaming memories... so... I'm not going to throw stones there.

KS / Patreon though... they're definitely burning through good will at full tilt. To note just one thing - there's literally no way to report a project for being a blatant fraud (like a "free energy" generator, of which there are more than one being "funded" at any given time on KS). There's simply no option to select saying "this project is an obvious fraud" when trying to report a campaign - all they care about is IP or ToS infringement (which ToS carefully avoids requiring anything to actually FUCKING WORK). There's zero deniability there - they are willingly turning a blind eye just as long as they get their cut. Nuking from orbit is too good for them...
Well I'm not gonna start a debate on this because there's hundreds of things to talk about but certainly there's been... something done on SC in the past 7 years. Not nearly enough to justify the time or money but it's basically a Patreon game on a grand scale or what a Patreon game wishes it could be as far as money and effort (or lack thereof).

I thought Kickstarter made people show they'd done some work and that's why SC moved out of there at the end of their campaign? Or was it if the goal wasn't met there was no money given? I know IndieGoGo was just like Patreon and you threw money down a well though.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Well, in theory, at least for physical devices ("products"), there is a, again, theoretical requirement from KS to have an actual working prototype at the time of the campaign - unfortunately, there is absolutely zero enforcement of this, even if one tries to report a project (there is no option for "but but but they don't actually have a prototype!!!"). For any other category - such as a game - there's not even that. You'd be a damn fool to launch a KS campaign without some sort of working demo for a game, but plenty of people do it every day, and there's certainly nothing in their ToS to forbid it. As for SC on KS, they simply concluded their very much successful campaign and proceeded to try making the game - once a campaign is over, the role of KS ends. Indiegogo is worse insofar as they allow "goal not reached but money still gets taken" campaigns, that KS do not, which are VERY doubtful to result in any tangible game (or product) being produced, seeing as how the stated goal is not met...

Reactions: Tenenbaum
Sep 10, 2017
Does anyone have a cheat menu preferably or a save game for 1.8? It won't read my save from way back when I played in 1.4 or so and I'm not about to replay the whole thing again.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
There isn't one in the Ren'py version as far as I know but you can use to edit the save file and increase money or relationships. There's not a whole lot you need to cheat for though it's very basic, just grinding talk points.

Reactions: Tenenbaum

EvilCartman

Jun 10, 2017
I am having problems with the Velma part. According to the walkthrough, I am suppost to see her at the pool, but I never she her there. What am I missing
Thanks for your reply

Xethal

Dec 30, 2017
My game won't progress past the part where I have to meet Kim during the morning for the monster in the lake part. I complete it and can come back to her any other day and it will still be stuck there, and I can't progress with the other girls. Anyone know a fix / workaround?

2.40 star(s) 30 Votes