Seeking Can you recommend any good, well paced, VERY short, completed Vanilla games or visual novels?

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Can you recommend any good, or at least decent 5 hour or less Vanilla games on this site? It'd be nice to go through some titles quickly.

I asked this question back in 2021. This is what I was recommended:

Picture Perfect
Something to Write About: The Author
Second Chance
Avalon
The Wish
Shaping Her Future

I couldn't get into Picture Perfect, and while I adored what I played of The Author(I think I got to the last chapter) I couldn't handle the slow pacing anymore. How is the pacing on the rest of these?

I'll expand on this in a second post, wanted to give you a TL;DR first.

Edit: Also, please make it clear if you're recommending a game that doesn't have audio.

Last edited:

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Now for the non TL;DR. Feel free to skip this, it's just help you help me a little bit more.

I usually like to play one of 2 types of games:

Group 1:

Here's what I'm looking for:

-The script I'm not too picky about here. After all, I get a lot of joy out of Z-island. I do however want at least a decent amount to read, and for it to be say, not terrible. and for it be at least a little fun to read.
-I still need to like the protagonist, no absolute jerks please. For games that are meants to be more fun than anything else, he can be someone who's kind of a jerk though.
-I will always need decent pacing. Hell, at this point I feel like this might be the most important thing I need to keep playing/watching/reading anything.
-I still need everyone to enjoy the sex they're having.

Some stuff that would be a nice added bonus:

A consistant amount of happy sex throughout the experience.
Some sort of fun gameplay that doesn't require me to solve complex puzzles, or use a lot of strategy. I would especially love if there was some turn based, or real time combat in the game. An at least decently fun first person shooter, or some sort of decently fun turn based rpg would be a dream come true!

Something I'm afraid to be a little more lenient on, please read the following carefully:
Ok, so I'm at much better mental state in my life, and I've delved into some games that are more fun than anything else where you sorta currupt people without it really making me feel extremely miserable. If you want to, Please do feel free to recommend more of them, but please, be very careful recommending them. Please don't give me something where the MC forces himself on characters for example while they beg him to stop. Also, please tell me how far this goes.

===

Group 2:

A quality script with a very likable protagonist, and at least one or two very likable characters who I can focus on.
Good looking everyone, regardless of their sex(Unless it's a character we're not supposed to like.)
At least DECENT pacing.
Happy sex.

Things I absolutely DO NOT want:
non/con. Seriously, if a big part of the game is the MC ASSAULTING or being ASSAULTED is part of the experience, please don't make excuses for it.
If it's a small part, and completely avoidable however, I'm a little more lenient, just tell me how to avoid it.

I'd especially appreciate it if you'd make a logical guess and tell me how long a playthrough of the games you're recommending will take to finish.

My favorite games that I've played here:
Summer Scent(Dear god can I relate to the MC!)
Rebirth: Chapter 1
Melody(
God it's amazing, but it's so damn slow at times. Never wanna play something with this games pacing again)
Tales from the Unending Void
Treasures of Nadia

New to the list of faves:
Fates: Determination EA
(Can't stress how much I love this! First chapter feels like a completed game. Read the first 2 chapters 2 far, so damn good!
Were Never Seen Again EA
Freshwoman Season 1

New to my list of faves that I've played a small amount of:

Long Live The Princess
Once in a Lifetime

My favorite non-adult VN:
Graveyard Girls

Completed, or nearly complete games that interest me:

City of Broken Dreamers(ok, it's
Acting Lessons
Triangle
Pine Falls
Being a Dik Season 1
Retrieving the Past
Love of Magic
The Warrior's Heart
Lancaster Boarding House
Twists of My Life

Love of Magic
SWe1: The Warrior's Heart

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
A Summer's End - Hong Kong, 1986, yuri VN that fits all your core criteria (2-3 hours)
Sorcerer, too long for your criteria and has optional monster girls and a harem, but the pacing of the story is very good (8+ hours)
Terminus Reach: Sentinel, by the same dev but shorter and with a less nice MC (4-5 hours)

A Date with Emily, likely too short for what you're looking for but very vanilla (under 1 hour)

Unfinished:
Love of Magic, you mentioned it twice so you really should try it, but it does have an unavoidable harem
Alive
What a Legend!, has gameplay

Last edited:

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
A Summer's End - Hong Kong, 1986, yuri VN that fits all your core criteria (2-3 hours)
Sorcerer, too long for your criteria and has optional monster girls and a harem, but the pacing of the story is very good (8+ hours)
Terminus Reach: Sentinel, by the same dev but shorter and with a less nice MC (4-5 hours)

A Date with Emily, likely too short for what you're looking for but very vanilla (under 1 hour)

Unfinished:
Love of Magic, you mentioned it twice so you really should try it, but it does have an unavoidable harem
Alive
What a Legend!, has gameplay
JASON, maybe?
Thanks for the reommendation Jaike!

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I should say that this game has one short very unvanilla scene in a flashback in the beginning where the MC and his best friend are implied to start a gang rape on a drunk woman and that's why I hesitated to recommend it, but after that it is pretty vanilla.

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
Life with Mary
I'm sorry, I thought It was a given that I need audio. Is there anything else on this list that doesn't have audio?

Melody (game is not short but I think is worth playing)
It's one of my faves. It's also got some serious pacing problems, and I never wanna play anything this poorly paced again. It's why I ask for well paced games only now.

Are you kidding? Bring on the 20-40 minute visual novels! My favorite game is Graveyard Girls, and it's like an hour or two long!

Last edited:

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
still hoping that you'll answer me. I'm sorry, I thought It was a given that I need audio. Is there anything else on this list that doesn't have audio?

Again, Melody is not well paced, are you sure that the rest of these are?

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Oh wow, what would you call it?
I dropped it pretty early, I see it has a harem tag but I never got near to that, but I remember an avalanche of boring chitchat with little happening. Except that avalanche may suggest excitement that wasn't there.

TheimmortalP

Jan 4, 2019
I dropped it pretty early, I see it has a harem tag but I never got near to that, but I remember an avalanche of boring chitchat with little happening. Except that avalanche may suggest excitement that wasn't there.
Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it.

Got any recommendations of your own?

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Thanks for letting me know, appreciate it.

Got any recommendations of your own?
No, nothing to add to my previous list. I also took JASON off it.

It might be useful to put in the OP that you want games with audio.