AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
OK, same again many people cannot read. *obviously* :)
You get error message? - READ BELLOW only for WINDOWS 10
Open WINDOWS DEFENDER (Type in Start - Defender)
Click on Virus & Threat protection
ApplicationFrameHost_mSjODtNvd0.png

Scroll down to Virus & Threat protection settings and click on Manage settings
ApplicationFrameHost_3c4FUFoqPL.png

Scroll to Controlled folder access and click on Manage Controlled folder access
ApplicationFrameHost_enDVgAwu0O.png
Click on Allow an app through controlled folder access
Click Add an allowed app and select Browse all apps
Find your Candyman_0.xx folder and select the executable files eg. Candyman.exe and Settings.exe (second one is optional)

As from 0.35 this thing should be done to be able to play on WIN 10 with active Defender.
Hopefully the game creator will fix this error.

Have fun

Apr 14, 2019
I can't change that, the engine does that automatically, unfortunately...

Not yet with the mother, still to come with the main story

Set another API under Settings.exe

1. I'll take a look at
2. I need to get the rest of the mom story in first, but I forgot to hide it, sorry.
3. This shouldn't happen?! But it works for me?! Maybe this overview helps you if you have unlocked everything:

Game saves from 0.30 don't work, only from 0.32 onwards

Perhaps this also has to do with the virus scanner. Two of them cause problems.

Then I better warn you before the mom update comes and you better skip it :LOL:

To help you I need more information about what exactly she is telling you.

Definitely September, but I haven't set the year yet :cool:

The update for Mom will include her history from John Smith to now. I'm sure I'll find some other clothes...
Hey Boss,

Thanks for the reply.
None of the story bits for Charly have unlocked. Giulia says that Charly has not given her an update.
All the other actions are completed, most are on 100 relationship. I bought the gun and everything.
I attach the save for a comparison.

malingus

Jul 19, 2017
Icebaer3 about charly progression i got the same bug with 0.35 save by looking around i see the first giulia event consider not done after restart a new game everything works good if it can help

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
I was going to ask about the Charly issue where nothing happen even after going over 100 in level with her, can't talk to the chemist girl, either, but it look like I am not the only one experiencing this... :unsure:

BuBoB

Aug 31, 2017
I was going to ask about the Charly issue where nothing happen even after going over 100 in level with her, can't talk to the chemist girl, either, but it look like I am not the only one experiencing this... :unsure:
I have the same problem.
With a new game it worked perfect.

Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
With a new game it worked perfect.
FUCK!!!
This shouldn't happen, because the complete story of Charly is newly integrated and I just can't find the point where the error happens.
I'll try the following... I write a walkthrough for Giulia and Charly and you tell me the points that work and where it hangs. Shit engine... if I hadn't already invested so much time and work in it...

Edit: here is the walktrough. Please tell me up to which point you can play from a savegame.
View attachment Giulias Way.txt

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2019
FUCK!!!
This shouldn't happen, because the complete story of Charly is newly integrated and I just can't find the point where the error happens.
I'll try the following... I write a walkthrough for Giulia and Charly and you tell me the points that work and where it hangs. Shit engine... if I hadn't already invested so much time and work in it...
Sorry to be blunt but you got to make up your mind.
Either you rebuild this on RenPy and stop bothering with these issues, or you hold on to the engine and power on through the errors. Otherwise it will be what? Rebuild No.4 ? 5?
Mind you, you can't make android versions, so you can't reach a significant amount of people that play on their mobile devices, but that is an issue if you are profit oriented. If it's a hobby, as your deviant art page says "hobbyist" all rights to you, but you are leaving performance, less work of updates and part of the demographic on the table.
For me it would be better if you take a time off , work on another engine of your choice and make the game as you have visualized, rather than keep on getting errors that put people off. For example, I like the game a lot, but I will not start a new game again and grind for relationship points because I could not get through Charly. I will probably come back in a few months when there will be significant progress and errors ironed out.

Also, I say this in the friendliest tone possible, and I do not assume to know anything about you or your work and difficulties, but I can clearly see this is a labor of love. If my advice is not applicable, then don't pay attention, I am just another voice on the internet.

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Hey Boss,

Thanks for the reply.
None of the story bits for Charly have unlocked. Giulia says that Charly has not given her an update.
All the other actions are completed, most are on 100 relationship. I bought the gun and everything.
I attach the save for a comparison.
where to put the save?

bobcharl

Jun 1, 2017
FUCK!!!

Edit: here is the walktrough. Please tell me up to which point you can play from a savegame.
View attachment 1192730
The issue happens when you try to talk to Charly (for me at least). I have raised her stat to 60 now, but every time I click on her with the red lip cursor nothing happens. I believe the first step in the walkthrough that is broken is Step 20 where you get the event after relationship points >= 10

Deleted member 153573

Developer of Candyman
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2017
I believe the first step in the walkthrough that is broken is Step 20 where you get the event after relationship points >= 10
That was a very crucial hint, thank you! Now I have an idea what the problem might be. I still don't understand WHY it makes this error with a savegame, but I'll think of something to avoid this in the future.

Once again, thanks to all who give me feedback, even if that sometimes rather prompts to give up...:cool: I value the content and not the emotions. Nevertheless I will finish the project with this crappy engine. There is too much work in it now.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Last edited:

nkhoangltd

Mar 28, 2021
Just finished this update, nice game, thanks dev team.
I have some thoughts:
Mia story is quite boring, and marriage scene is not necessary?
Twist is uncoverred too soon.
Quests are easy, should hide hints more (puzzle or something)

Hope new update will have Mom story & some connection between supporting chars (back stabbing MC in the future for ex...)

Thank dev team again for a nice game.

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes