VN Ren'Py Captains Bizarre Adventure [v2.4] [CaptainVerse]

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Your varied animation are really good, that latest Birthday update is my favorite just from the animation perspective. However, it'll be really nice to have longer sex scenes, more sex positions, etc.
I intend to improve this too hehe, that's also the reason why I will stop with the specials and with time I will add them to the main game giving more development, I started having good ideas but because it was getting close to the date I ended up cutting a good part of the events

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
full save?gallery unlocked?
Sorry, I haven't created a gallery yet... It was a mistake, I should have done it at the beginning, adding the codes now is a bit complicated, I will do it as soon as I close this part of the story, there will be many events in the next update,I don't want to worry about other things now

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Hmm, I seem to be having an issue displaying the uniquely large mouse pointer...while in full screen mode. When in full screen, the mouse pointer will completely disappear from view. I think the size, or type of pointer used could be my issue. (It's really not easy using an invisible mouse pointer while trying to save, or really anything action with this Ren'py title.)

Anyone know if there is a way to enable the standard Ren'py mouse pointer? Or is it coded for only this pointer type and size? At the moment I can't play this title in full screen, do to this annoying issue. Also, I'm playing this using a PC hooked up to a large screen TV.

Reactions: Kanchou-Sama

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Hmm, I seem to be having an issue displaying the uniquely large mouse pointer...while in full screen mode. When in full screen, the mouse pointer will completely disappear from view. I think the size, or type of pointer used could be my issue. (It's really not easy using an invisible mouse pointer while trying to save, or really anything action with this Ren'py title.)

Anyone know if there is a way to enable the standard Ren'py mouse pointer? Or is it coded for only this pointer type and size? At the moment I can't play this title in full screen, do to this annoying issue. Also, I'm playing this using a PC hooked up to a large screen TV.
I tested the game in full screen mode and it was normal, maybe you are using a resolution that goes beyond 1920 x 1080?
I do not know what problems could occur if you run in a resolution that goes beyond that, because that is the resolution of my computer so I can not test in higher resolutions
Try using this resolution and if you are still having problems as soon as possible I will send you the files to return the pointer to the original Ren'py.

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
This next update 1.8 will be big and with many events unfolding for the big event that will come in the update after this 1.9, whenever possible I post something about it on my Patreon if you want to know how things are going
I know it can be frustrating to just wait for an update without knowing if it is really being developed so if you want to take a look there just follow

Reactions: SneakyTrinky

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I tested the game in full screen mode and it was normal, maybe you are using a resolution that goes beyond 1920 x 1080?
I do not know what problems could occur if you run in a resolution that goes beyond that, because that is the resolution of my computer so I can not test in higher resolutions
Try using this resolution and if you are still having problems as soon as possible I will send you the files to return the pointer to the original Ren'py.
Thanks for the reply...well here is few screen shots of my resolution information. I usually have my scale setting at 125%, instead of the recommended 150%. As it enlarges all the text too large to fit comfortably on my screen.

And after I set it to 150%, and ran your title...the huge mouse pointer shows up (but it even larger now). And all my text is just too huge. I guess due to the type of display I'm using, it doesn't work well with the mouse pointer. It would be nice if there was a choice added to disable the custom mouse cursor in the settings.

Anyways thanks for your assistance.

125% is the normal scale setting I use for my screen type....
res_shot.png

Changed to 150%, now the text for me is much too large (not a fan of this scale setting).
res_shot 150%.png

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
Thanks for the reply...well here is few screen shots of my resolution information. I usually have my scale setting at 125%, instead of the recommended 150%. As it enlarges all the text too large to fit comfortably on my screen.

And after I set it to 150%, and ran your title...the huge mouse pointer shows up (but it even larger now). And all my text is just too huge. I guess due to the type of display I'm using, it doesn't work well with the mouse pointer. It would be nice if there was a choice added to disable the custom mouse cursor in the settings.

Anyways thanks for your assistance.

125% is the normal scale setting I use for my screen type....
View attachment 2766627

Changed to 150%, now the text for me is much too large (not a fan of this scale setting).
View attachment 2766639
To return to the original is very simple, just disable the custom cursor

Put these two files in the folder and replace, with this will disable the custom cursor

View attachment cursor.rar exe.png
If there are any questions you can talk, as soon as possible I will answer

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
To return to the original is very simple, just disable the custom cursor

Put these two files in the folder and replace, with this will disable the custom cursor

View attachment 2766748 View attachment 2766751
If there are any questions you can talk, as soon as possible I will answer
Thanks very much, it worked out real well. Also I enjoyed the story, though the start was hard to follow, due not knowing the character or past story. But after MC left the ship, and became a child...it was easy to follow. Thanks again.

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
What does Birthday Specials mean? Is it separate game or maybe dlc, that i need to install in the game folder or something?
It was supposed to be just some extras, a fanservice, because I had no intentions of adding h-scene to the game before deepening at least a little the relationships between the characters, in the future I will add them in more detail in the main story as it progresses

Reactions: ByakuyaK

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
I don't know if this notification will reach everyone but ... I had said that the next update would be big and I have posted some images about them but now I need your help to decide something important that will be needed from now on so I created this

Reactions: haooni

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I don't know if this notification will reach everyone but ... I had said that the next update would be big and I have posted some images about them but now I need your help to decide something important that will be needed from now on so I created this
What would the story implications be for Otto based on the gender?

Asking cuz I feel like you could also have two Otto's: one the canon male and the other a Soulium clone/defect by product that's self aware of Otto's mistakes

Of course this depends solely on what you have in mind for the story.

Just some thoughts.

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
What would the story implications be for Otto based on the gender?

Asking cuz I feel like you could also have two Otto's: one the canon male and the other a Soulium clone/defect by product that's self aware of Otto's mistakes

Of course this depends solely on what you have in mind for the story.

Just some thoughts.
Well this will be subject to changes and alterations but basically I don't like Otto... To tell you the truth I really hate him, if I were to work on his original version, I will keep that in mind and his ending will be basically the same or even worse (probably), if the change is made I would be able to delve into the character, into his story why his actions, even a redemption (long after the closing of the original story where he already died)
and we would have one more milf mommy
But your suggestion sounds interesting too, if the original wins I was already thinking of leaving this female Otto aside for after the story is finished (which will still take a long time) for random events that I have in mind but would not fit into the main story

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Well this will be subject to changes and alterations but basically I don't like Otto... To tell you the truth I really hate him, if I were to work on his original version, I will keep that in mind and his ending will be basically the same or even worse (probably), if the change is made I would be able to delve into the character, into his story why his actions, even a redemption (long after the closing of the original story where he already died)
But your suggestion sounds interesting too, if the original wins I was already thinking of leaving this female Otto aside for after the story is finished (which will still take a long time) for random events that I have in mind but would not fit into the main story
If you keep the original Otto you can cuck him with Kallen :KEK:
Joking but also wouldn't mind that :devilish:

But yea personally I like the milf Otto, however I find it hard to give Otto a redemption story after the things he did, regardless of his intentions, especially if the redemption is just cuz he's waifu now

But of course its your game so do things how you see fit.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I despise Otto but I absolutely loved his death. Him flying down from the sky like a meteor to Shamash the honkai that was supposed to kill Kallen was a damn good death. I think letting Otto have his canon death doesn't redeem him, but it does seem to follow the spirit of this game, giving Honkai waifus the happy ending they deserve. Kallen deserves a better ending to her sad story than what she'd get if Otto's plan doesn't go at least as well as it did in the actual game.

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
If you keep the original Otto you can cuck him with Kallen :KEK:
Joking but also wouldn't mind that :devilish:

But yea personally I like the milf Otto, however I find it hard to give Otto a redemption story after the things he did, regardless of his intentions, especially if the redemption is just cuz he's waifu now

But of course its your game so do things how you see fit.
Redemption would be something to be worked out very well, with her in mind that she could never do enough to make up for the things she did

and also... just like Kevin who I don't like either but accept the fact that he's badass, Otto would be a great force for humanity if he wasn't, well... if he wasn't Otto

• Red Heart
Reactions: Phase_01

Kanchou-Sama

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2020
I despise Otto but I absolutely loved his death. Him flying down from the sky like a meteor to Shamash the honkai that was supposed to kill Kallen was a damn good death. I think letting Otto have his canon death doesn't redeem him, but it does seem to follow the spirit of this game, giving Honkai waifus the happy ending they deserve. Kallen deserves a better ending to her sad story than what she'd get if Otto's plan doesn't go at least as well as it did in the actual game.
This part of the story would be something I should be careful with, but it would depend on how the story developed until it got there, there is little left for Kiana, Mei and Bronya to appear and after that it will be easier to imagine how certain important parts of the story would be

3.30 star(s) 4 Votes