Dotty Diaries

Game Developer
Mar 13, 2023
I am totally lost, there are a bunch of animations that are titled ep5. I can not get to them in the game cause it ends at ep4.
oh yea, I wanted to finish episode 5, but unfortunately, I had some missing renders. So, I hid that episode and released the first 4 episodes with this update. That's why you see animations from episode 5 in the folder, so they're not used in this build I uploaded here.

But they will be included in the next update.

Reactions: ontach and tmu500

powerfred3k

Jun 15, 2017
oh yea, I wanted to finish episode 5, but unfortunately, I had some missing renders. So, I hid that episode and released the first 4 episodes with this update. That's why you see animations from episode 5 in the folder, so they're not used in this build I uploaded here.

But they will be included in the next update.
Well that is really disappointing because female teachers is my thing.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
At the start of the game Diane is engaged to mc's dad who dies in the car crash. Mc is of legal age. How do they establish a step-relation if Diane and mc's dad never married and Diane never adopted mc?

If they are not blood related, there is no reason for mc to not have (safe) sex with all of them or to even marry one of them.

The dialogs where mc is introduced as stepson or stepbrother are misleading.

Reactions: onefingersalute

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I find myself rambling on as I try to get through Chapter 1 :ROFLMAO::

* Always fasten your seat belt :WeSmart:.
* I've never seen 6G on a phone before, I didn't even know it existed :eek:.
* The tattoo is the symbol for "Dotty Diaries", so he's the one sending the malicious messages.
* There don't seem to be any consequences for ignoring the messages, you just lose money. For example, I have not deleted Christina from my contacts and so far, nothing has happened.
* It's very strange that the MC is tempted by the money offered in the messages when he should have inherited his father's fortune, isn't it? :unsure::coffee:.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
* It's very strange that the MC is tempted by the money offered in the messages when he should have inherited his father's fortune, isn't it? :unsure::coffee:.
If you play the "previous" version 0.8 (with Episodes 1-8) you will find that the backstory was actually different and dev changed it for the rework (v0.9), added the visuals of the car crash and connected it with dad's death (prologue).

In the previous version the player could define relations between mc and the 3 girls. Diane's husband died 2 months ago ... and lately the mc had a car crash with a borrowed car while he was drunk, so he is in desperate need for money to pay for the car. Also Diane is in debts and the family does not know how to get out of this.

Changing the story so that mc's dad dies in the car crash and Diane is just dad's (ex-)fiancee has consequences. MC and the girls are not related nor family, so no incest. After dad's death there is no info about mc's mom or any siblings, so he is likely alone now. Diane invites him because he is now alone without family and it is summer break at the college or university.

In real life mc as sole heir would have awful lot to do :
- paper work with police, civil service, insurance, hospital, employer, bank, etc,
- family meetings, burial ceremony for family, friends, colleagues etc and
- a lot of work going through dad's personal belongings, companies, houses, cars, boats, accounts and other assets which usually takes months or years depending on the number of heirs and the size of the legacy.
- in general if a person dies, the dead person no longer receives an income. On the other side most of the spending continues until all the contracts are dealt with.
(It would be easier if his dad was just missing in action (MIA).)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: PickerLewd

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
Can't say that I have ever seen a single VN do better by ADDING a sandbox.
It's NOT a SANDBOX.
It is still a linear visual novel with some choices and now there are "empty" freeroams between scenes. You check the rooms for panties to unlock special renders and then go to the location where the story continues. There are no characters to speak to nor any actions to do in the freeroams. (There are like 3 freeroams where you get a notification for a timed event where you need to reach a certain room in like 5 sec to get a bonus scene like peek on someone in the bathroom.)

Dev did a mistake using the word "sandbox" in the patch notes.

And for those who are new to the game (like me) :
Better play v0.8 since it contains Episodes 1-8. The rework v0.9 stops after Episode 4, so you miss 2nd half of the story.

Last edited:

onefingersalute

Mar 30, 2022
lets see when you added sandbox and all that stuff game went to shit and puzzles and all that stupid shit and was no need in a rework it was fine the way it was before

Jul 14, 2017
Can someone tell the dev that naming MC should be done before someone says his name. The best place would be the black screen before the hospital bed or directly after the black screen. Diane calling you MC before you get to change your name is dumb.

Looking forward to see what change for the rework.

3.40 star(s) 36 Votes