pizbia

Sep 17, 2017
No offense, but what's going on with the optimisation? Even with very good hardware it runs like ass.

Anita Deek

Feb 14, 2018
Even with very good hardware it runs like ass.
EH? I guess turn off AA and TA, maybe. I've got everything maxed out without anti-aliasing and blur/bloom etc. and I get 60 fps no problem.
I have a budget gaming pc, like 300 dollars worth of parts in there when they were brand new.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
v0.1.52 is now LIVE for Ascended Patrons!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: v0.1.51 has been Updated to 0.1.52 to address issues impacting some Patrons, please update using your launcher.

EDIT: The poll will run from 1st February not 1st January.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

We're happy to say that the second Ascended update of the month is now live - we've started the first phase of the combat overhaul and implemented the initial version of our environmental hazard system. There's a lot going on behind the scenes too, as we work towards implementing the camp and follower system in the first half of 2021.

Now that some of the bigger chunks of work are out of the way we're looking to focus on adding many more sex scenes through February, as well as more voice acting and the start of the main quest. To this end there will be a sex scene poll up on February 1st for one week only (centaurs may or may not be included) so make sure your voice is heard!

If you don't know where to find the game, you can download the launcher here.

Thank you all for joining us on this journey and for your help and support - there is so much more yet to come!

Team Carnal Instinct
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Changelog, v0.1.51

• Added Environmental Hazard System. There is a single instance currently in the map whilst we playtest (be sure to FAIL the QTE if you want the scene).
  • Added Initial CumFX implementation to the new scene. CumFX will be added to all new scenes moving forward - we've held off for now until the option to toggle CumFX off is added to menus.
  • Added sex scene - goo throatf*ck (female/penis/equine variants)
  • Added item - Mysterious Urn (keep this safe to unlock content in the next update)
  • Added new combat camera - the player can now freely rotate instead of being hard-locked behind
  • Added randomization to combat animations, they no longer the same sequence of attacks
  • Added new animations and animation tweaks for sword/shield and unarmed combat
  • Added VFX trails for sword attacks
  • Added new and improved animation states to combat including staggering and dodging
  • Added death animations to enemies instead of ragdolls
  • Added blood decals when dealing/receiving damage
  • Added new sound que's for enemies
  • Added UI work to help with combat controls (will be added as a hideable option in the menu)
  • Added the systems for riposting and dynamic combat music - currently not enabled in-game
  • Added new inventory tabs dedicated to headwear and outfits to help with the amount of items being added
  • Added animations for Rasha's voice acting
  • Added new dialogue camera positions for specific conversations
  • Added patreon welcome messages to the in-game main menu
  • Changed quest logic to attempt to prevent freezing during some dialog choices which affected some users
  • Changed the interactables in the world are more optimized
  • Changed the timing on the auto sheathe mechanic
  • Changed dialogue choices to be white when not selected
  • Changed attacks to automatically target enemies based on the direction you're facing
  • Changed enemy health bars now only appear on targeted enemies
  • Changed input buffers on melee attacks to read better
  • Changed Enemy Perception. Improved detection of the player.
  • Changed NPC's movement to not constantly rotate to face the player
  • Development Work on WorldMap, Quest UI, New Enemies, Discoverable Location Markers, and Camp
  • Development Writing of first main quest arc and three side-quest arcs complete.
They also have a new sex scene poll running, current lead is getting bred by that centaur next to the starting point. That said, the poll has some relevant information at the start of the post:

Sex Scene Poll #2
Thanks to each and every one of you that took part in the last poll; we've learned our lesson and will not be including any further 'TOP SECRET SCENES' for now, those things are like a vote magnet!

Whilst we've used Discord to glean what we can of your desires for upcoming content, now is the time for us to formalise that and get a snapshot of what sex you all want to see this month and next. There will be two back-to-back polls this month, each running for 1 week only. In addition we will be adding more scenes of our own selection to expand the available content, including more female scenes for those players who don't wish to explore Sabu as a futa.

As we build up to implementation of the camp we also want to wrap up our first Milestone. To this end we will be holding another poll February/March to choose the next playable species to enter Sabu. The patron-selected option will join another race we need to implement for the main quest arc.

He have mentioned this next update on Discord and in DM's, but we're excited to confirm that Male bodies are coming to Sabu late Q1/early Q2 2021. This will start with the human male and roll out to Draconid, Felian, and other forms (order based on Patron polls). This will all be reflected in our updated Roadmap later this month.

Remember, this poll only lasts 7 days. Make your vote count!

Team Carnal Instinct
In terms of other information, one of their patrons asked a question on the poll:

Hey all! Firstly I was wondering where this discord is? I think I might just be blind and am skipping right over it but I am struggling to find the link. Secondly, I would love to see some more stuff added out in the wilds. Feels a lot like once you finish a quest there's not much else to do. I did spend a while hunting for the environmental hazard that was added which was pretty fun, though I was still unable to find it. Anyway, not critiqing just throwing out what I personally would like to see. Also I think it would be interesting that if you lost to the well...lost ones, that they have their way with you. Since they are meant to be lost by their desire and all.
The response was:

Hi Ynzy, You need to link your Discord with Patreon - the bot will add you automatically (although sometimes it can be a touch sluggish). We think alike - the wilder areas are in development at the moment, with bandit camps and monsters coming soon. There will also be "fail states" shall we say, for losing to the Corrupted enemies (or bandits for that matter). The environmental hazard is tucked away, but there's a location up on the Discord. It's deliberately sneaky to try and catch out unwary players exploring the map. We hope to see you on the Discord soon! Team Carnal Instinct

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It's probably worth mentioning that the game now has built-in patron tracking, and you can even see the name of the account that bought the game on the title screen now. This is relevant because it means that you're unlikely to see new copies of the game on this thread in the future, except from people willing to sacrifice their patreon accounts.

IReallyDontwantTo

Jun 24, 2019
Sucks they have tracking for patreon accounts, i guess they'll release a free public access copy once they have a fully working game.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
if you have a new version please use the Report instead of posting it publicly.

wait a few days, every single update they release needs 10.000 patches to fix the problems they missed/created

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
It's probably worth mentioning that the game now has built-in patron tracking, and you can even see the name of the account that bought the game on the title screen now. This is relevant because it means that you're unlikely to see new copies of the game on this thread in the future, except from people willing to sacrifice their patreon accounts.
We will find a way

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Update to v0.1.51
Over whose dead patreon account? It's mentioned in literally the last post before yours that patreon data is embedded into downloaded copies of the game now, and anyone who shares a copy of the game without figuring out how to remove that is getting blocked from future versions.

Edit: I mean, sure, it's possible to create an endless series of new patreon accounts with the sole purpose of subscribing to a single game for a single update each, but that's an entirely different ballpark and I'm not sure how well that plan would pan out long-term.

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Does this have FrottAge?
No, however the currently ongoing poll for patrons to pick an incoming sex scene includes a scene with that. At 1%, it's part of a five-way tie for last place. That isn't to say such a scene won't show up eventually - the fact that the developers put it in the poll is a pretty clear indicator that they've actively considered the idea.

4.10 star(s) 76 Votes