Gurraburra

Jul 30, 2017
Hmm, trying to play the UE4 one but after a full screen loading period, it starts quickly flipping between windowed and fullscreen, like two time every second. I can see the menu after a while (while it continues to flip between modes) but it doesn't take any input. The only thing that works is Alt-F4 to shut it down.

Does anyone have a solution?
Reinstalled driver, reboot, solved.

babblefonk

Mar 24, 2020
anybody else get a checksum error with the rar file uploaded to terminal? probably just had an error during my own download, thought i'd ask just to make sure though.

D34DM1C3

Aug 27, 2019
Hmm, trying to play the UE4 one but after a full screen loading period, it starts quickly flipping between windowed and fullscreen, like two time every second. I can see the menu after a while (while it continues to flip between modes) but it doesn't take any input. The only thing that works is Alt-F4 to shut it down.

Does anyone have a solution?
Whats your Gpu? Seems like a Driver issue. You do need a semi decent gpu to play these games. Try updating your graphics drivers first. If that doesnt work. Then create a Shortcut from the Winshipping exe. and right click edit properties. Inside the Text Field: "Target" outside the parenthesis add -d3d11 Should look like "%windir%Thisisagame\whatever\blahblah.exe" -d3d11 1719263397420.png

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
yes, but there are new things in ue5 that ue4 don't have and vise versa
Yes, including new bugs!

I do UE5 exclusively to save time but I think UE4 is still worth recommending above it. I can see that statement changing after 12 months to see the UE5 build be better, but for now I recommend UE4. The bugs in UE5 randomly block off content to the degree that everyone's playthrough is vulnerable to bugs that choose your quests for you in the sense that you likely can't complete all the quests in one save because the game will bug out and prevent you from doing that.

Reactions: aisareteinai

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
When they going to release a patch for the latest version? game was killed, nothing works as it should
They already did. Aside from the obvious joke that this is the patched version (the builds Patreon subscribers got were somehow much worse), this thread is one Steam version behind as well. Not that it would be particularly worth updating, the changelog for the update not uploaded here is basically just described as:

Update 04/06/24 - v0.5.161 has been released to address some minor bugs - especially with old saves

Reactions: ShadowLaneWolf

Hehe not bad

Feb 15, 2021
Whats your Gpu? Seems like a Driver issue. You do need a semi decent gpu to play these games. Try updating your graphics drivers first. If that doesnt work. Then create a Shortcut from the Winshipping exe. and right click edit properties. Inside the Text Field: "Target" outside the parenthesis add -d3d11 Should look like "%windir%Thisisagame\whatever\blahblah.exe" -d3d11 View attachment 3766865
Whats your Gpu? Seems like a Driver issue. You do need a semi decent gpu to play these games. Try updating your graphics drivers first. If that doesnt work. Then create a Shortcut from the Winshipping exe. and right click edit properties. Inside the Text Field: "Target" outside the parenthesis add -d3d11 Should look like "%windir%Thisisagame\whatever\blahblah.exe" -d3d11 View attachment 3766865
Well.... At least its make progres than nothing,its now can launch it..... But its only in background because i set it,if i set at windowed its sunddenly force close any idea?

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes