ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Never, in my entire life i witnessed this.

So let me get this straight, The old working version was replaced with a newer version that only works for Patrons?
yup
I do recall some other game getting working version replaced with a broken one in the past tho on that note, idr what

Tsukimaro

Sep 5, 2017
Does it even make any sense? in my head sure doesnt.
Whats even worse is that OP dont even mention anything about it.

"HeReS HoW YoU InStAlL aNd PlAy ThE gAmE"

If i was a patron, i wouldn't download the game from here, so whats the point?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Does it even make any sense? in my head sure doesnt.
Whats even worse is that OP dont even mention anything about it.

"HeReS HoW YoU InStAlL aNd PlAy ThE gAmE"

If i was a patron, i wouldn't download the game from here, so whats the point?
The OP is a mismash of old and conflicting information because it's been maintained by mod edits for most of a year, rather than by the person who posted the thread.

As for the current situation, a rather overzealous person appears to have provided a copy of the (no longer most recent, but was at the time) Patreon build without checking for any protections. Those protections prevent non-patrons from playing the copy downloaded from the OP. However, Kozuma provided a copy of v0.2.8, the July update from Steam that the thread had previously. That can be run just by double-clicking Carnal_Instinct.exe.

Tsukimaro

Sep 5, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I understand that, but even so, is misleading. for example, me, first time reading this thread.

Yeah about that Kozuma's copy, that was what driven me to even write this. Untitled.png

Edit:this is not an critic to Kozuma, i appreciate what he did, in the end its the only viable solution!
my critic goes to the mod that DISABLED all other options.

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

I understand that, but even so, is misleading. for example, me, first time reading this thread.

Yeah about that Kozuma's copy, that was what driven me to even write this. View attachment 1474423
I dug through my history and found another valid link from the OP, for , but...
Untitled.png
The bottom one is Kozuma's copy, the top one is MixDrop.

Anyway, once someone snags a copy of the Steam version (surprised it hasn't been already, honestly), I'll see if it works. If it does, I'll see if I can't get updated installation instructions for the OP.

Tsukimaro

Sep 5, 2017
I dug through my history and found another valid link from the OP, for , but...
View attachment 1474429
The bottom one is Kozuma's copy, the top one is MixDrop.

Anyway, once someone snags a copy of the Steam version (surprised it hasn't been already, honestly), I'll see if it works. If it does, I'll see if I can't get updated installation instructions for the OP.
And i can live with that, waiting is not the issue. sigh.
"this is not an critic to Kozuma, i appreciate what he did, in the end its the only viable solution!
my critic goes to the mod that DISABLED all other options. " im adding this again, its an edit i did in the previous post, to let you know.

Asgth

Jun 22, 2018
Is there a way to not have my GPU go into maximum overdrive when I launch this game? Even the menu that tells me to fuck off from this uncracked version is making my 970 go nuts.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
how do you get to this screen? it is only in the steam version?
It's part of the character creation system that was introduced over the course of this month. It's in the latest steam and patreon builds, and replaces the inventory-based system used in v0.2.8. If someone uploads a cracked copy of Steam v0.3.14, you'll get to it by opening your inventory and pressing W. Male characters are a thing in v0.2.8, but they're accessed differently.

Razzier

Jun 23, 2018
I don't get why people would even pay for Patreon to play early versions for 10$ every month, when for 22$, you get full access (albeit slower released) to all the new content. Given that this game gets semi-regular updates, paying for patreon feels redundant when you've got the steam version?

Reactions: bartroli

dawda1

Apr 22, 2017
I don't get why people would even pay for Patreon to play early versions for 10$ every month, when for 22$, you get full access (albeit slower released) to all the new content. Given that this game gets semi-regular updates, paying for patreon feels redundant when you've got the steam version?
Patreon is meant to be a tip jar, if you feel like paying the creator more because you like what they do then you throw them the money, the bonuses are just that, bonuses.

Reactions: rcbcgreenpanzer
4.00 star(s) 85 Votes