superdde39

Aug 31, 2018
is it possible to replay old "scenes"? I was hoping the journal would achieve that but it looks like it just recaps what happened.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I like this game so far. I actually wish there was an option to make it harder. It seems like it's too easy currently to mostly skip the first 2 jobs and go right to the 3rd one almost immediately. I think it would be more interesting if there was a longer upgrade path from the first, to the 2nd job and especially to the third one. If you pick reputation as your starting bonus you don't ever have to work the first job at all. If you advance the story leading up to the third job, you can start working that job before you've even made your first debt payment. I think it's fine to ALSO have an easy mode for people who like it that way but I think a harder option would be nice as well.

Reactions: krams_alfa

Old Dirty Dog

Elderly Canine
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2020
is it possible to replay old "scenes"? I was hoping the journal would achieve that but it looks like it just recaps what happened.
There actually is! If you active cheatZone then you can replay scenes from there.
I like this game so far. I actually wish there was an option to make it harder. It seems like it's too easy currently to mostly skip the first 2 jobs and go right to the 3rd one almost immediately. I think it would be more interesting if there was a longer upgrade path from the first, to the 2nd job and especially to the third one. If you pick reputation as your starting bonus you don't ever have to work the first job at all. If you advance the story leading up to the third job, you can start working that job before you've even made your first debt payment. I think it's fine to ALSO have an easy mode for people who like it that way but I think a harder option would be nice as well.
I think you're absolutely right, and that's been on my mind for a while. For balance sake I agree the second job should be unlocked a bit later. This is excellent feedback, thank you.

Reactions: Drill Sergeant

pkripem

Oct 26, 2018
I am enjoying this game. Nice job, Old Dirty Dog. I look forward to the new housing and upgraded life style. It will be fun to see the direction this game goes. As far as HTML/twine games go, this is top notch IMO. Great choice in "Casting" ;-P

Reactions: Old Dirty Dog

VeloxE

Apr 7, 2019
There actually is! If you active cheatZone then you can replay scenes from there.

I think you're absolutely right, and that's been on my mind for a while. For balance sake I agree the second job should be unlocked a bit later. This is excellent feedback, thank you.
Love your humor in the HTML file. As a dirty pirate i obviosly looked to grab the password and naming the variable "$game.cleveryounowpleasebecomeapatron" is just amusing. Went close to feeling bad about this, good job.

IcedQuinn

Feb 17, 2020
Interesting bug: if you have pre-paid your bills (0$ due) but have a negative balance due to daily diet then on bill day you get a game over for being too broke.

Ocwil

Dec 23, 2021
Interesting bug: if you have pre-paid your bills (0$ due) but have a negative balance due to daily diet then on bill day you get a game over for being too broke.
Lol, you could also look at that like an intended feature but then it should be explained you should not end the month on a negative balance

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Hahaha, I thought about implementing a credit system but decided that was exactly the type of thing I could get carried away with that none of the players would actually want. Maybe I should reconsider!
THRILL as the MC fills out a credit card application! GASP as Stacy struggles to calculate his annual interest percentage! SHUDDER as he consolidates his loans into one easy monthly payment!

Valath

Jan 18, 2018
This is quite the game. And a bit of a surprise, as well.

I was taken with the level of writing. Too often I want to be able to suspend disbelief, but cannot. Tone-deaf dialogue and leaden prose can quickly leech out the fun of a game.

Not here. Here, the scenes flow and the people talk as people do (well, ok, in the heightened reality kind of way associated with a screenplay, not with the aaahs and umms and the inane repetition that actually happens in real-life conversation). I also appreciated how you made it understandable that the main character would harbour a genuine grudge against Mackenzie .

I really like that Luna's in the game. Her presence makes main character thoroughly relatable, provides all of these wonderful points of interaction with the world that otherwise wouldn't exist, plus she's adorable to boot.

I did run into a bug, though. I don't know that people have encountered it a lot, but still: when you pay all your bills in advance, your current balance is still consulted on rent day. If it's negative, the game doesn't care that you've paid your bills; you still get a game over. Aaand this was already mentioned. Serves me right for not checking the thread.

Last edited:

Valath

Jan 18, 2018
THRILL as the MC fills out a credit card application! GASP as Stacy struggles to calculate his annual interest percentage! SHUDDER as he consolidates his loans into one easy monthly payment!
You know, I did look, but nowhere in the computer menu did I see the option to join a multi-level marketing scheme.

I can see the game now. All those random hookups (and sex scenes with the named characters, come to think of it) would change. Instead of merely sleeping with them, you would have the opportunity to ruin their lives in a much more visceral way, by convincing them that they "could be their own boss" if only they invest in a "unique business opportunity."

...hm. I may be on to something here.

Last edited:

Valath

Jan 18, 2018
Oh, noted a bit of a bug with Molly and anal: every time makes note on the fact that she loses her anal virginity anew (I'm not sure how many she has left by now, but I'm told the typical amount should be low).

(Plus that the main character seems pretty convinced that Molly won't ever do anal when he does it with Kayla).

Last edited:

IcedQuinn

Feb 17, 2020
Hahaha, I thought about implementing a credit system but decided that was exactly the type of thing I could get carried away with that none of the players would actually want. Maybe I should reconsider!
probably shouldn't be able to go negative from your diet plan either :sneaky:

4.70 star(s) 80 Votes