Ren'Py Completed Caught in the Middle [v1.0] [ASM Studio]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
@ Dev, I suggest removing "no sexual content" from the tag list. It's gonna turn people off and make people think that the game will never have sexual content, which I'm sure it will eventually have. They will skip over it
ArturiousDesign and arisushimake There are distinct rules regarding putting tags. Adding or removing a tag should only be done when the content matches the change, removing "No Sexual Content" when there is none could have serious consequences (I don't know how serious a breach of rules this would be and have little voice on what they might do in such a circumstance). Instead add another line underneath with "Planned Tags" where you can put specific things like "Removing No Sexual Content", "Vaginal Sex", "Anal Sex" and/or "Oral Sex".

So, calling it a "visual novel" might come off as false advertising.

Likewise - this is a visual novel by structure. But it's much closer to a kinetic novel in its essence :)
A) Does it have a solid set of pictures and a written story? Yes means it's a visual novel.
B) Does it have 1 or more choice? Yes means it's not truly a Kinetic novel and with about 5 choices it becomes less Kinetic and more choice driven unless the choices always lead to the same result regardless (IE... Do you go left or right but right is a dead end)

• Angry
Reactions: ArturiousDesign

rustle911

Nov 27, 2019
To start with, the story was well written. The style is excellent. The story itself feels like it could have been fleshed out more, but for the length I feel it was really well done. Pacing, content, characters, and plot were well thought out. As a starter project I think you've gone beyond what would be expected, especially when we're talking about solo projects.

I hope that you'll actually continue this story. How do things develop between Faye and Connor? How did things between Carina, Faye, and Tony begin? What if any interactions will there be between Connor, Tony, and Carina? There's just so much more I want to know. I doubt that I'm the only one who's curious.

Thanks again for the work you've done in making this. I do look forward to what you come up with in the future as well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arisushi

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
To start with, the story was well written. The style is excellent. The story itself feels like it could have been fleshed out more, but for the length I feel it was really well done. Pacing, content, characters, and plot were well thought out. As a starter project I think you've gone beyond what would be expected, especially when we're talking about solo projects.

I hope that you'll actually continue this story. How do things develop between Faye and Connor? How did things between Carina, Faye, and Tony begin? What if any interactions will there be between Connor, Tony, and Carina? There's just so much more I want to know. I doubt that I'm the only one who's curious.

Thanks again for the work you've done in making this. I do look forward to what you come up with in the future as well.
Thank you very much. I'm really happy to hear you liked the game :)

I do wish to eventually focus on all the aspects of Tony, Carina, Faye and Conner's lives you just asked about. But, to be very honest, it all depends on how well my next project does.

( The good news is, even if things don't go well - the next project itself will provide an ample amount of insight on one of those couples :) )

Reactions: jufot

cebs

Engaged Member
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of Caught in the Middle v1.0

Download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Arisushi

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 1.0
Size 60.6 MB

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote