EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
00012000.png

Overview:

Celestial Intervention
is a deep and immersive story set in the incredibly large fantasy world of the Middle Ages, in which the protagonist is thrown into an unknown but similar world to her own and is tasked with saving the realm from destruction.
Our heroine will encounter many obstacles on her way, starting with poverty and the difficulties of living in this new but completely different world to the possibility of finding herself behind bars for life in a royal prison.
Can she cope with this task and return to her current world, or will she have to stay in the new world forever and completely destroy modernity with her imprecise actions?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2023-09-11
Release Date: 2023-09-05
Developer: jull
Censored: No
Version: 0.04alpha Public Build
Language: English
Genre:

Planned Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - -

UPDATE
Win/Linux: - -

screen000.png screen001.png screen002.png screen003.png screen004.png screen005.png screen006.png screen007.png screen008.png

Last edited:

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Need more jpegs.
The game needs a new tag: nothing to recognize.
The character model has fewer pixels than the name but more pixels than the overall background. Not even on the Amiga 500 (in 1987) did something like that pass as graphics.

anyway - thanks for feedback. I'll finish fixing the bugs in the intro and get to work on redrawing the characters and, i assume, changing the backgrounds

Reactions: ustar

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
need more pixels in a pixel game
I saw it first and had to make the shitpost because rKnight is definitely on his way to make the same joke.

Anyways, it looks pretty nifty. Welcome to F95zone lol.

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
0.02a Public Build
hot bugfix
  • Fixed a bug where some answers leading to a death would not show that death
  • Fixed bug in dialog options
  • Removed junk game files
Unfortunately, my day-long speedrun of creating the first public build entailed a few mistakes i missed. Now the intro is fully playable and has 4 different endings

The only continuation leading to the continuation of the game is temporarily unavailable (successful escape from the guards).

0.03a Public Build will include the continuation, the exit from the intro and the first RPG elements. I can also announce the font change for names in advance. I'll try to find/?create? a pixel medieval one.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
I'll try to find/?create? a pixel medieval one.
:whistle::coffee:
I guess i can't expect much gameplay here since Renpy but we'll see, some devs do manage some pretty good gameplay even in Renpy.

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
:whistle::coffee:
I guess i can't expect much gameplay here since Renpy but we'll see, some devs do manage some pretty good gameplay even in Renpy.

thanks for the link and thanks for your hopes.

it took me a very long time to choose the right engine for my game. this path of choice went from the popular Twine with SugarCube, insanely old text RPG engines and to writing my own code.

but the result of this choice was Ren`Py, an engine capable of supporting locations, character stats, and basic RPG elements while seamlessly weaving them into the narrative of the story.

my vision of RPG elements is relatively close to the gameplay presented by Detroit: Become Human, where certain choices can permanently eliminate some story continuations, allowing for multiple replayings of the game for new endings. just for example, not to spoiler too much. on my private idea board on Trello (I have a public roadmap on trello that i`m supplementing with points that are in development right now) there`s a plot line where a character becomes queen/ruler of another country that will be represented in the game and through her political power accomplishes her mission, getting one of the good endings. but there will also be an element of prostitution in the game, which is almost guaranteed to remove the possibility of the character becoming queen, but opens up another way to get to the good ending, while adding many paths to the bad ones. and the whole point of the role-playing elements of the game is that the character has the opportunity to improve her abilities, learn new skills, but at the same time - the most important element of RPG remains the story of the open world

but, i assume that due to the huge amount of work in the game by the first release (1.0 version) may be only a few fully completed cities available for the game. so
we'll see what i can do

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
I wish you could make a RPGM game some day, I like your pixel art style
i've been thinking about it. yes, with RPGM i could make the game much prettier graphically and the gameplay would be more immersive, but that's also a problem. the amount of locations that would have to be created for this game would increase its size to many gigabytes in the future if i`ll use RPGM. right now the alpha build only contains ~1k lines of story and about ~2k more lines of code + a few images. if i`ll remove music from the game - it would be several megabytes. (eg. file with 500 lines = 15kb).

unfortunately it's all a matter of optimization and most likely - the transition to RPGmaker will not happen, the game will remain text-based

hwzy123

Jan 7, 2022
i've been thinking about it. yes, with RPGM i could make the game much prettier graphically and the gameplay would be more immersive, but that's also a problem. the amount of locations that would have to be created for this game would increase its size to many gigabytes in the future if i`ll use RPGM. right now the alpha build only contains ~1k lines of story and about ~2k more lines of code + a few images. if i`ll remove music from the game - it would be several megabytes. (eg. file with 500 lines = 15kb).

unfortunately it's all a matter of optimization and most likely - the transition to RPGmaker will not happen, the game will remain text-based
IGY, RPGM combine with pixel art is just my preference, I like the sense of roaming around, I think it's hot. I'll keep watching your game anyway.

Reactions: lspdk

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
i agree with you, pixel style and RPGM look insanely beautiful. i played one pixel art game on RPGM, unfortunately i don't remember the name - but its graphics were beautiful.

anyway, thanks for your feedback and time
next public builds realeses soon :sneaky:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
CelestialIntervention-0.02a
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

• Red Heart

lspdk

Game Developer
Aug 19, 2019
Just fyi, this would not be a problem for most pc gamers.
Currently one of the more popular mmo's on steam, Destiny2, is about 80gigs 105gigs. :giggle::coffee:
yeah. i know modern games on pc can be ~100gb or even more..and old ones too (imagine a sims 4 folder with mods on someone's pc).

but i think there's a difference between the steam and f95 audience, the maximum ero-game size on RPGM that i've seen was around 5gb. Maybe i'm wrong/unaware and there are even bigger projects out there, but i suspect that the bigger the size of a project, the smaller its potential audience
idk
maybe i`m wrong, again

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
yeah. i know modern games on pc can be ~100gb or even more..and old ones too (imagine a sims 4 folder with mods on someone's pc).

but i think there's a difference between the steam and f95 audience, the maximum ero-game size on RPGM that i've seen was around 5gb. Maybe i'm wrong/unaware and there are even bigger projects out there, but i suspect that the bigger the size of a project, the smaller its potential audience
idk
maybe i`m wrong, again
I thought about it for a bit... and i can't fathom why game size would pose a problem, unless:
1. You're a mobile-monkey with a rather old device.
2. You, the dev, don't have access to a paid file host service.

Otherwise, no problem.
We live in an era where you can keep terrabytes of data easily.
And anyway, we also have compressors for people who have a problem with large file sizes. :whistle::coffee:
But hey do as you like, no pressure.

• Red Heart