VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chains of Pleasure [Ch. 4] [ShuttleCockGames]

4.40 star(s) 32 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Nina's game model seems familiar. Anybody know what other games use her character model?
You should ask this over on the Recommendations and Identification forum, where you're more likely to find artists who work with things like Daz to answer your question. If you search there and don't find anything, you can create a new thread by using this button near the top of the forum:
1699945977102.png

I would suggest linking to the OP of this game so anyone unfamiliar with Chains of Pleasure will have a reference to see whom you mean.

Reactions: JohnDoeAnimeFan

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
looks like my answer to you been deleted or something anyway there is two Game one, so funny called ********** and the other is **************
I was not the one who reported it, but your post likely was deleted because, just like this post I'm quoting now, it violates Site Rule 2.4. It even specifically talks about mentioning suggestions for other games in a thread. You're not supposed to do that here; rather, you're supposed to point people to the Recommendations and Identification forum, specifically set up for discussing game similarities, suggestions, and names of assets / models used in games.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
I hope someone else takes this game. It was nice.
Not without the original author's permission and blessing they won't, which they're likely never to get as the author hasn't been seen around since 3 years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: Rundmck

fnnn90

Jul 24, 2022
Not without the original author's permission and blessing they won't, which they're likely never to get as the author hasn't been seen around since 3 years ago.
I don't understand why they would need permission if the game was abandoned, it would just be that someone was interested and get the characters, the story would have a similar beginning but would continue on a different path

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't understand why they would need permission if the game was abandoned, it would just be that someone was interested and get the characters, the story would have a similar beginning but would continue on a different path
You could definitely make a game that's similar and has a different name and characters. But copyright law gives the owner of a creative work — even if abandoned — full rights to allow or disallow others to use their work (such as continuing or redoing the game). How long that exists varies by jurisdiction, and some creators might never pursue anyone over their work. But it is a possible risk if you do something with this without first securing the permission from Shuttlecock Games.

fnnn90

Jul 24, 2022
You could definitely make a game that's similar and has a different name and characters. But copyright law gives the owner of a creative work — even if abandoned — full rights to allow or disallow others to use their work (such as continuing or redoing the game). How long that exists varies by jurisdiction, and some creators might never pursue anyone over their work. But it is a possible risk if you do something with this without first securing the permission from Shuttlecock Games.
That would apply if he had made a game where the interactive license was needed, because otherwise the original owner of the character would be the seller, so anyone who buys the product and makes renders that do not occupy the interactive license can use them otherwise the creator of dual family would have done something because he use the same character and his game came first

Last edited:
Reactions: DirectXD1943

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
That would apply if he had made a game where the interactive license was needed, because otherwise the original owner of the character would be the seller, so anyone who buys the product and makes renders that do not occupy the interactive license can use them otherwise the creator of dual family would have done something because he use the same character and his game came first
That's only partially accurate. A creative work is considered as a whole — all coding, dialogue, renders, music applied in specific places, etc. Even if some parts are licensed (like music and models), copyright law still considers the whole as the work. Like I said before, if it's a game with the same basic idea and done as a totally new game, that's a different matter. But continuing the game and claiming it's still the same game is a clear violation of creative license protected under copyright law to varying degrees.

DirectXD1943

Dec 9, 2022
I realize it's super abandoned but I wish there had been a guide made before that happened.
Honestly if you just want to see all the content, the easiest way is just to see the first 3 or so choices the MC can make, and add two zeroes on the end of the points awarded.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Well I will tell you the author already passed away three years ago so in that sense you can say that the original author cannot give permission and blessings for doing this.
I never saw any news that the developer died. I heard rumors and assumptions that they died, which is possible. However, I don't believe a death has ever been confirmed. At least, I don't believe confirmation and proof (like a friend or family member posting on their account to state it) has been given in this thread.

Reactions: Maviarab

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
I never saw any news that the developer died. I heard rumors and assumptions that they died, which is possible. However, I don't believe a death has ever been confirmed. At least, I don't believe confirmation and proof (like a friend or family member posting on their account to state it) has been given in this thread.
There is some mention related to this on page 46 i.e. #904, #907, #913, #915

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There is some mention related to this on page 46 i.e. #904, #907, #913, #915
As I said, those are rumors and assumptions:
  • "We lost this wonderful dev to the initial pandemic" — no evidence is given that this is true. It's just a statement made out of the blue.
The next post you point to is someone making circumstantial statements and cobbling them together to form a conspiracy theory and run with it.
  • "This dev is most probably already 'DEAD' " — the "evidence" cited is circumstantial: he visited China, his social media was shut down, and "he himself vanished without a trace". Hardly proof of someone's death.
The last two posts you reference are the same guy as above, attempting to defend his conspiracy theory by emphasizing exactly the same points over and over. Like I said before, what he claims is possible, but the only real evidence is that the dev disappeared from online. There are tons of reasons that could've happened: friend/family found out and he was given an ultimatum to give up his game; friend/family found out and his embarrassment made him abandon the game; he was witness to a serious crime and entered WITSEC; he got majorly depressed from what someone online said about/to him so he gave it all up since it was too much for him; and so on. Assuming he is dead is just one of many possible explanations.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 32 Votes