VN Ren'Py Completed Changeling Tale [v1.0.2] [Little Napoleon]

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes

Aazkaal

Dec 3, 2017
Their Patreon page has news from this month which states that they are still working on the game (particularly on Jessie's plot), and they are planning to release new update soon (post from 12.03.2022 states that the next early access build would be ready in "around two weeks").

Maybe the tag was set due to the thread not being updated since 2020 (which, as far as I know, is not the criteria to use for assigning the tag – the actual closure and/or lack of news updates is)?

RENtD

Aug 16, 2021
Watsup could we get a statement? Looks like the project's still being worked on so I'm curious if you guys were simply getting too few new Patrons or something

YoungBlooded

Feb 2, 2020
Art is still being posted on the patron meaning that they are NOT leaving this project for dead and have most likely ran into hiccups along the update. Either that or they thought it'd be done quicker than it is being done.

Watsup

Feb 13, 2018
Watsup could we get a statement? Looks like the project's still being worked on so I'm curious if you guys were simply getting too few new Patrons or something
We are still actively working on the game, yeah, support has been outstanding - we are not lacking patrons and have only gone up since the start of the project. Support is as high as it has ever been.

Art is still being posted on the patron meaning that they are NOT leaving this project for dead and have most likely ran into hiccups along the update. Either that or they thought it'd be done quicker than it is being done.
There were a few deaths in my family which has resulted in a bit of an art delay, we had an update planned at the end of last month and it's been pushed out around a week. The last update was Jessie ch4 p1 in December too.

I'm not too familiar with tags on f95 or what would constitute abandoned, but the game is in active production and we had a status update just today on patreon and have been updating people on discord every day or two. Chapters for CT just take a long time to make due to the detailed art and number of images per chapter.

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018
We are still actively working on the game, yeah, support has been outstanding - we are not lacking patrons and have only gone up since the start of the project. Support is as high as it has ever been.

There were a few deaths in my family which has resulted in a bit of an art delay, we had an update planned at the end of last month and it's been pushed out around a week. The last update was Jessie ch4 p1 in December too.

I'm not too familiar with tags on f95 or what would constitute abandoned, but the game is in active production and we had a status update just today on patreon and have been updating people on discord every day or two. Chapters for CT just take a long time to make due to the detailed art and number of images per chapter.
Abandoned is when we dont have news/ the developers doesnt write ( on f95 or money support sites like Patreon-Subscriberstar etc ) for 3 months + if I remember well.

Maybe someone without patience asked with a report to add the tag . Glad for the support , the game deserves it all.

Watsup

Feb 13, 2018
Abandoned is when we dont have news/ the developers doesnt write ( on f95 or money support sites like Patreon-Subscriberstar etc ) for 3 months + if I remember well.

Maybe someone without patience asked with a report to add the tag . Glad for the support , the game deserves it all.
Yeah last status report on Patreon was yesterday. I get people can be impatient waiting for new builds though, we update a lot less frequently than other VN's. The team is small and the art per chapter is dense, I think Jessie ch4 has more art than the smallest chapter by nearly 4 times, and almost twice as much as the previous largest (coming in at over 130 images not including character sprite additions or bgs, probably pushing 200 new images all together).

YoungBlooded

Feb 2, 2020

Least I was somewhat right. It just happened to be slightly delayed due to actual reasons. And not half assed shit that other devs say when they 'work' on a project.

Havoc W

Wolf of F95zone
Donor
Mar 19, 2018
I lowkey forgot I bought this game like 2 years ago on in Itch lol. Will upload it to mega and give out a link when it's done.

Reactions: PrimalInstinct

pingmitzi

Nov 28, 2019
any changelog ?
Version 0.9.6ea

-Fixed several sprite issues in ch3j_01

---------

Version 0.9.5ea

-Created a temporary Early Access Build featuring the first half of Jessie's Chapter 4.

---------

Version 0.9.5

-Replaced placeholder assets with completed assets for the first part of the story
-Added new song, "We'll Always Find a Home"
-Comprehensive revision of Jessie's accessories for style and consistency
-Baird's now highlights unseen entries in the contents
-Fixed a typo in Cat Sith entry

---------

Version 0.9.4

-Remaining placeholder assets added (excl. epilogue paints)
-Fixed a typo in the town picnic scene
-Fixed a typo in the hillside curled up scene
-Fixed a typo in the bees scene
-Reverted Marion's flipped sprites in Ch3J
-Mixed some new expressions into Ch3J
-Replaced a missed reference to Miss Martha
-Added a missing dissolve at the beginning of the Walter pub scene

---------

Version 0.9.3s

- Temporary build for Next Fest special events
- Replaced most placeholders with sketch assets
- Added Chekov's guns into Ch1J day 2 pub scene, Ch1J bicycle scene, Ch3J Balgair/Agnes dance scene & bee scene
- Added "Photo Collector" achievement
- Added one new easter egg
- Changed graphic of "Treasure Hunter" achievement
- Changed Glossary image buttons from rectangles to focus masks.
- Added a second column to the Music Room list
- Fixed a bug incorrectly unlocking some Bairds entries
- Fixed "To the Queen" to play correctly in the Music Room
- Fixed a typo in Baird's Wulver entry
- Fixed a typo in Ch2M picnic scene
- Fixed a scene gallery yoffset issue
- Combined flash-shake effect in Ch1
- Removed "touch base" verbiage in Ch1
- Fixed a small graphical bug on bg barnext
- Master Unlock cheat now correctly displays all scene gallery buttons
- Streamlined Demo build process by integrating Demo code into base game

---------

Version 0.9.3

- Added the rest of Jessie's final chapter into Alpha
- Expanded the introduction to ch4j and added illustrations
- Expanded segue into ch4j sex scene
- Removed a reference to Walter's goatee
- Added "will" to a typo in ch2m
- Fixed all "discrete" typoes
- Replaced cow situation with bovine business

Statistics:

The game contains 18,067 dialogue blocks, containing 275,133 words and
1,463,639 characters, for an average of 15.2 words and 81 characters per
block.

The game contains 104 menus, 3,521 images, and 206 screens.

---------

Version 0.9.2

- Replaced remaining placeholders with sketch assets
- Completed Baird's unlock system
- Fixed several typoes
- Migrated ch3j easter egg to ch4j

Statistics:

The game contains 16,330 dialogue blocks, containing 248,093 words and
1,319,817 characters, for an average of 15.2 words and 81 characters per
block.

The game contains 98 menus, 3,357 images, and 206 screens.

---------

Version 0.9.1

- Choreographed sprites and sex scene
- Completed Baird's content except unlock system
- Fixed an errant slash in the glossary

---------

Version 0.9.0

- Added first half of Jessie Ch. 4 into Alpha
- Began adding Baird's content in-game
- Added Baird's wolf entry to Jessie's chapter
- Fixed a crash to main menu in Jessie's minigame
- Corrected some typoes in Chapter 1, Grace's path and Jessie's path
- Fixed some inconsistencies in a series of Grace scenes

---------

Version 0.8.8

- Built with the latest version of Ren'Py, which should reduce chance of false security flagging and improve Android stability
- Corrected a BG Church glossary error (fix requires unlocking them again)
- Corrected Owen's signature overflow
- Matched Marion coast thumbnail to scene and added alternate to Scene Gallery
- Clarified movement when Alana moves to the cabinet
- Clarified some epilogue text
- Clarified some glossary text

---------

Version 0.8.7

- Corrected a missing Balgair sprite

---------

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
has the Marion story been expanded since last time? it's been a long while a very long while since i last heard anything from this game.

4.90 star(s) 20 Votes