VN Ren'Py Completed Changeling Tale [v1.0.2] [Little Napoleon]

4.80 star(s) 19 Votes

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
For someone who has been following this game loosely for 2+ years I can say confidently this game wont be nearing any sort of finished product till at least 2030. The amount of actual progress with this game is actually astoundingly bad.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
For someone who has been following this game loosely for 2+ years I can say confidently this game wont be nearing any sort of finished product till at least 2030. The amount of actual progress with this game is actually astoundingly bad.
why would it, he's making 4500 dollars a month from casually working on it maybe an hour a week

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017
why would it, he's making 4500 dollars a month from casually working on it maybe an hour a week
The thing is that even if they were working on it a hour a week, considering its a five man team, I would expect more then this.

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
Sorry can I ask you in this game gonna be impregnation and pregnancy? I mean like when mc choose his girl with who he he want to leave or maybe few girls. Its gonna be shown how they married and then its gonna be shown their future kids. Like their kids gonna be look like

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The thing is that even if they were working on it a hour a week, considering its a five man team, I would expect more then this.
People are paying them for slow content updates, why would they bother going any faster if people are willing to pay for peanuts?

Let's be perfectly blunt, people that pay for H games are the most gullible group of people i've ever seen. Look at the absolute shit they are willing to part with their money for.

You can come up with a few second demo of a 3d monster girl game and the gullible masses with throw money at you. I wish that was hyperbole but it's happened so many times now, they even defend the lack of updates.

It's hilarious to watch. No matter how much shit gets shoved onto their plate they will eat it up and ask for seconds.

So, again, why work when people are willing to pay anyway?

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
People are paying them for slow content updates, why would they bother going any faster if people are willing to pay for peanuts?

Let's be perfectly blunt, people that pay for H games are the most gullible group of people i've ever seen. Look at the absolute shit they are willing to part with their money for.

You can come up with a few second demo of a 3d monster girl game and the gullible masses with throw money at you. I wish that was hyperbole but it's happened so many times now, they even defend the lack of updates.

It's hilarious to watch. No matter how much shit gets shoved onto their plate they will eat it up and ask for seconds.

Interesting theory. Shouldn't you also be [not] making a 3D monster girl breeding game then?

If it is really that easy.

Reactions: madmax20

Aila

Jul 10, 2018
Я не люблю игры с фурри и не играю в них.В основном по тому что их делают очень уродливыми и карикатурными.Но девушка коровка на третьем скриншоте мне понравилась.И только из за нее я решила попробовать.Надеюсь игра меня не разочарует!
I do not like games with furry and do not play them. Mostly because they are made very ugly and caricatured. But I liked the cow girl in the third screenshot. I decided to try it only because of it. I hope the game will not disappoint me!

Reactions: Anders Oppenheimer

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Interesting theory. Shouldn't you also be [not] making a 3D monster girl breeding game then?

You completely missed the point. In fact, you missed the point so widely it's impressive, it's almost like you intentionally avoided the point you missed it so badly.

I didn't say, not once, that it was easy. I said those that have made 3d monster girl games have rarely released updates, more than once abandoned the game, yet mugs throw money at them.

By your retort I take it you throw money at them?

And for your last point, no, I don't need the money.

Reactions: RedPillBlues

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
You completely missed the point. In fact, you missed the point so widely it's impressive, it's almost like you intentionally avoided the point you missed it so badly.

I didn't say, not once, that it was easy. I said those that have made 3d monster girl games have rarely released updates, more than once abandoned the game, yet mugs throw money at them.

By your retort I take it you throw money at them?

And for your last point, no, I don't need the money.
I feel bad for everyone involved.

The developers are being wildly ambitious and the Patreon funding isn't nearly enough for them to make visable progress.

The Patrons want a thing that looks reasonable compared to the mainstream video game market. Where they have studios of dozens of experienced employees and publishers that can put down half a million dollars on a pipe dream.

Reactions: madmax20

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018

Guess what, it really is that easy. It's just that some of us with a functional conscience find taking money for nothing kinda troubling. Others very clearly don't.

RedPillBlues

Donor
Jun 5, 2017

I agree and slightly disagree. While I don't think that all people that support H-games are gullible I do think a large majority are. Personally I only support two developer's and that's because I simplely hate the model that Patreon uses, (I've always hate the idea of subscription based monitization and I try to avoid it as much as I can) but I still support those two because not only have they proved themselves to be trustworthy, but I also really like them and their work. However if they were to stop delivering progress I would drop them, In fact I'm already considering dropping Wildlife because I don't feel my $5 is really even impactful at this point.

It really does seem to be the monster girl fetish that this happens to most often. With Monster Girl Island I always chopped it up to the combination of great 3d models and animations, combined with a pretty niche genre of H-games at the time, but that's just not the case anymore. So I'm thinking its more of a combination of monster girl and transformation. Either way that doesn't matter.

What matters is that there are some people that are so starved for content that they are willing to pay for borderline nothing.

Its not like were going to change these peoples minds though, all we can hope for is that they actively encourage the devs to speed things up, and not just pat them on the heads for doing so little. Though I have a feeling its the latter.

Reactions: Phuriousgeorge

Watsup

Feb 13, 2018
Hope you guys are enjoying the game! To address some of the concerns about development speed:

The game is being developed by 4 employees, 1 full time, 3 part time. 4 employees at about $50k a year split between them.

We have 1 writer, 1 sound engineer, 1 artist, and our lead developer.

The lead developer does all of the coding and writing editing, as well as all of the backgrounds and finishing asset work (taking assets from sketches to fully rendered sprites including shading).

I do characters designs, sketches, asset edits, and a variety of other small roles.

We stream almost all of our work on the game, and streams typically range between 8 and 16 hours a day. While I understand concerns about speed, we produce 1 chapter every 2-3 months. Each chapter we've released has had about 20k written words and 250 images (including around 20 CG's).

Unlike most VN's we fully render all of our sprites and bg's, which increases the time it takes to make each asset by quite a bit. We could cut production time a lot if we stuck to simple shading or flat colored sprites and backgrounds - or used 3d assets to simplify development. When we started the project we asked people what they'd prefer, and people overwhelmingly preferred a higher quality art style and game, even if it took longer.

Though the reason we're successful is most likely because we are developing a VN for a niche audience that doesn't get a lot of content. We felt people would support an ambitious project in our niche if they were offered a chance to, and they did.

We built a reputation for making quality stuff in our community before we started the project, so we didn't have to prove to people that we would be able to do it.

I understand if you think it's a scam, I've been in your situation looking at long development schedules for stuff like this. Our supporters are supporting us for a reason, we stream all of our work, and we're always working.

All that said, if you've got any questions on the game, feel free to ask.

4.80 star(s) 19 Votes