VN Ren'Py Completed Changeling Tale [v1.0.2] [Little Napoleon]

4.80 star(s) 19 Votes

nech

Jan 29, 2018
I have no idea where we'd even start with translating this, it's over novel length already. (And none of us know Russian)
there are a number of services that will translate and proof a submitted body of text; book or otherwise

Phuriousgeorge

Donor
Dec 8, 2018
I have no idea where we'd even start with translating this, it's over novel length already. (And none of us know Russian)
there are a number of services that will translate and proof a submitted body of text; book or otherwise
Perhaps someone who cares enough could offer assistance with translation services. Everyone knows machine translation is lacking for projects such as this.

nech

Jan 29, 2018
Perhaps someone who cares enough could offer assistance with translation services. Everyone knows machine translation is lacking for projects such as this.
i wasnt talking about machine translation; i was speaking of services as in an actual commercial service.
there are leagues of writers that will fill the void with translating pre-written texts into other languages on a per-contract basis; usually broken down in terms of fees by word count. i've seen rates bracket down to as little as $20 per 10,000 words all the way upto 30k words and larger for $120
some include proofing the text afterwards in the fee and some charge extra for anything beyond making sure the text makes grammatical sense in the other language.

someone who has a very fast reading speed can make quite a bit of money doing 3 or 4 of those a week and still make a good chunk of extra change if they only do 1 or 2 a week depending on the length.

Reactions: Phuriousgeorge

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
i wasnt talking about machine translation; i was speaking of services as in an actual commercial service.
there are leagues of writers that will fill the void with translating pre-written texts into other languages on a per-contract basis; usually broken down in terms of fees by word count. i've seen rates bracket down to as little as $20 per 10,000 words all the way upto 30k words and larger for $120
some include proofing the text afterwards in the fee and some charge extra for anything beyond making sure the text makes grammatical sense in the other language.

someone who has a very fast reading speed can make quite a bit of money doing 3 or 4 of those a week and still make a good chunk of extra change if they only do 1 or 2 a week depending on the length.
I think if developer wanted to ranslate this game on russian language he gonna do it but right now I think he mostly focus on game developing. Maybe when time come he gonna ask somebody to translate this game to russian language. I also like to play this game in russian language because I from Ukraine and like to paly such furry novel games.

Also somebody can say to me in this game in future gonna be impregnation and pregnancy. I mean like when mc gonna choose his furry girl he gonna marry her and then they must have kids. I jsut wanted to see how their kids depends on which girl mc gonna choos they gonna be look like

U

User_687609

Marion's chapter 3 is up next!

Just finished a bunch of sprites for her next set of changes.

I'll let our writer know you enjoyed the story :B
so when is the next chapter being released to f95zone.com

TheK

Aug 3, 2017
So is there anyone who opened everyhting in game? I would be very happy to have a save file. tnx

Apr 20, 2018
I think if developer wanted to ranslate this game on russian language he gonna do it but right now I think he mostly focus on game developing. Maybe when time come he gonna ask somebody to translate this game to russian language. I also like to play this game in russian language because I from Ukraine and like to paly such furry novel games.

Also somebody can say to me in this game in future gonna be impregnation and pregnancy. I mean like when mc gonna choose his furry girl he gonna marry her and then they must have kids. I jsut wanted to see how their kids depends on which girl mc gonna choos they gonna be look like
Translating now is a waste of time. Things will change.

With games like these it is truly a terrible idea to translate before completion. This game is literally the closest thing to an actual eroge I have seen come from Patreon, 2nd would be Summertime Saga, but that's more nukige styled. (Nukige= sex sex sex, eroge = visual novel like but has a few sex scenes to show character development)
That being said, the game is extremely well written and despite the unlikelihood of the characters chapters changing, it is still feasible that they may have stuff expanded on later. Especially seeing as the developers intend to add more characters at some point. Ultimately, putting money into translating a game that is yet to be complete isn't smart.
If you check any complete game from patreon, their final tiers for income usually list: voice acting, sound effects, music and translations. These devs are lucky enough to have a good sound team for effects and music. Voice acting is a very iffy thing cause it can make or break a game for me, but as long as voices are mutable they are usually fine by me. Lastly, translations: Translating a game on completion is a lot easier, there are no changes that need to be made to the base text and so a translator can power through with confidence that nothing needs changing. The bigger issue with this game is it is well written, a.k.a English is the most in depth language in the world. There is a reason a ton of other languages randomly use English words - their languages don't have words for everything. The point being, since the game is written with some advanced English writing the translations would need to be written by someone of the same calibur who in addition can translate it over in a way that doesn't lose meaning.

(Regardless I believe they will be translating the game to other languages towards completion/on completion as they only net profit in doing so, plus most visual novels and eroge have 2 or 3 languages minimum)

Apr 20, 2018
With games like these it is truly a terrible idea to translate before completion. This game is literally the closest thing to an actual eroge I have seen come from Patreon, 2nd would be Summertime Saga, but that's more nukige styled. (Nukige= sex sex sex, eroge = visual novel like but has a few sex scenes to show character development)
That being said, the game is extremely well written and despite the unlikelihood of the characters chapters changing, it is still feasible that they may have stuff expanded on later. Especially seeing as the developers intend to add more characters at some point. Ultimately, putting money into translating a game that is yet to be complete isn't smart.
If you check any complete game from patreon, their final tiers for income usually list: voice acting, sound effects, music and translations. These devs are lucky enough to have a good sound team for effects and music. Voice acting is a very iffy thing cause it can make or break a game for me, but as long as voices are mutable they are usually fine by me. Lastly, translations: Translating a game on completion is a lot easier, there are no changes that need to be made to the base text and so a translator can power through with confidence that nothing needs changing. The bigger issue with this game is it is well written, a.k.a English is the most in depth language in the world. There is a reason a ton of other languages randomly use English words - their languages don't have words for everything. The point being, since the game is written with some advanced English writing the translations would need to be written by someone of the same calibur who in addition can translate it over in a way that doesn't lose meaning.

(Regardless I believe they will be translating the game to other languages towards completion/on completion as they only net profit in doing so, plus most visual novels and eroge have 2 or 3 languages minimum)

Actually, I forgot to credit "Pact With A Witch", unique art style, and the writing for that is quite good too. the writing for Summertime Saga is basic but it is still well written for a nukige.

Watsup

Feb 13, 2018

Hey, thanks, we appreciate the feedback!

These are essentially our thoughts on a translation this early as well, we'd have to find the right people and it would probably happen much closer to release.

nech

Jan 29, 2018
that is a very old update that is basically 1000 digi-years old which for us is probably 1-2 years old
ya honestly the demo should probably shift to including at least portions of the other paths/chapters a month or two after they go out to patrons, the fact that the demo had a piecemeal of chapter 2 was the biggest hesitation to put any money down at all; chap 2 was majorily good but there was little to no info on if the rest or chap 1 followed suite.

even if it's just the first parts of the other chapters (2 or 3 events, convos, or whatever) the demo right now if fairly inadequate except as a VERY light demo that can create as much doubt if someone should put money in as much as it can act like a draw in.

Watsup

Feb 13, 2018
ya honestly the demo should probably shift to including at least portions of the other paths/chapters a month or two after they go out to patrons, the fact that the demo had a piecemeal of chapter 2 was the biggest hesitation to put any money down at all; chap 2 was majorily good but there was little to no info on if the rest or chap 1 followed suite.

even if it's just the first parts of the other chapters (2 or 3 events, convos, or whatever) the demo right now if fairly inadequate except as a VERY light demo that can create as much doubt if someone should put money in as much as it can act like a draw in.
Eventually chapter 1 and all 3 of the main girls chapter 2's will be in the demo. The demo is just supposed to be a very small part of the game. It isn't done being updated, but it won't really be that expansive compared to the total scope of the game. It is just a demo, not a preview build.

That said, we've been a bit too busy to update it because we're working hard on pushing new chapters on time, I think we might make some time to update the demo next month (or possibly after the next chapter 3 is released).

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
sorry to be a pain in the butt but can i have 3 saves from the end of each girls story from the last update

4.80 star(s) 19 Votes