• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Chasing Sunsets [v0.9a non-Steam/v0.9a Steam] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Alright, caught up with the Dev and no problems what so ever that I could see from your mod. Was a load of help as always. Thank you so very much for your work on this!!! Also, side note, any work on Sarah Rose mod update? I know chances are, may not be the storyline I am currently playing, not sure what that is called, but I am sure people would like the mod updated just the same.
Morning J,

I'm still working on other VN updates (you'll see them soon). SR is last on my list since there's no new paths for the VN, and it's not too technical to sort through w/out the mod. Hopefully I'll get to it soon... but I got that VN update after the ones I'm working on now so first come, first served. I don't work with that dev directly fwiw.... poor Sarah.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
for the o9a steam there seems to be an issue with the apex predator scene replay, doesn't matter whether its sancho mod gallery or game scene replay in the apex predator after giving lisa multiple orgasms she turns around to start the next scene of sex and another song thats better starts to play overlapping the previous song so that they are both playing at same time. Thw meso predator scene with music plays fine and normally.
I'll check it out and let the dev team know... if that's what is happening then one line of code is missing and it's a VN issue that's easily resolved. That error would occur in non-Steam as well since that script area is identical across both versions. Thank you for reporting it bud.

Reactions: newdawn75

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Played Steam version and everything was fine, now game's crashing:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You say everything WAS fine, now not... can you think of what occurred between those event changes? Did you change a setting, did you load a different save file.... what event happened prior to you receiving the keymap error?

Thanks.

PunkHooligan

Onion Ninja
Donor
Aug 10, 2020
You say everything WAS fine, now not... can you think of what occurred between those event changes? Did you change a setting, did you load a different save file.... what event happened prior to you receiving the keymap error?

Thanks.
mine crashed as well and that's because steam updated game this morning, just re download and reinstall mod and it'll fix itself.... chances are when steam updates the game files from mod are replaced.
I can't think of anything specific. I've stopped right after Lisa's scene. I rewatched it in Sancho's gallery with Lisa sub option. Didn't change any settings at all iirc. Also, loaded save and choose Push for more option to see how it play out (with Lisa).
Game didnt update since my last session and doesnt have pending update now.\

EDIT: nvm, I've reinstalled mod just in case and I probably didnt see some new update that was auto downloaded. Game works fine. Sorry for the hassle.

Vaftrudner

May 19, 2022
mine crashed as well and that's because steam updated game this morning, just re download and reinstall mod and it'll fix itself.... chances are when steam updates the game files from mod are replaced.
Yeah i´ve had to do that aswell.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
EDIT: nvm, I've reinstalled mod just in case and I probably didnt see some new update that was auto downloaded. Game works fine. Sorry for the hassle.
Yeah i´ve had to do that aswell.
This is all tied back to a small post I made to SonsOLiberty found here. There was an issue I fixed in the mod directly and notified the dev team. That Steam update is the base VN fix for what I already sorted in the current SanchoMod release.

I'm explaining it a bit so you don't think you're missing out on anything in that Steam update... you're currently good to go by reinstalling the mod after the Steam update as of the time of this posting.

Regards.

em2839845

Aug 23, 2022
Finished all my playthroughs with the mod. Great work, as always!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask cause its more of a feature suggestion for future versions of your mod if you think its a good idea (or even implementable in the first place) but here goes.

I know we can already name save games using the SanchoMod, but many of us have multiple save games with different paths in each, for games with lots of branches like this one and BaDIK. I feel like it would be easier to have that save name displayed in your mod MiniStat or have the option to enter a custom name for the path so we can easily know if we are on the right save in a glance.

I am talking about somewhere here
1701036268761.png

What do you think?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What do you think?
Honestly? I was really hoping that my custom (and even colored) pathing info (very bototm of "Misc Stats" would be enough so you knew which paths were what.

That said I do already grab the save name when entering the Save screen (for the save description default entry text). Placing that same long text in the MiniStat leaves room for a lot of things to go wrong with the collected data though. I'd have to chew on it tbh. What I'm not clear on is how do you not know which save file you clicked on to load in the first place? Seems that's your cue right there, ain't it?

• Red Heart
Reactions: em2839845

em2839845

Aug 23, 2022
What I'm not clear on is how do you not know which save file you clicked on to load in the first place? Seems that's your cue right there, ain't it?
Normally, yes. But in Chasing Sunset for example, I have all these different routes I follow and sometimes given they're ocationally very similar to one another except for small dialog differences here and there so, it can be easy to lose track of what save I'm on and I have to open the menu just to be sure I'm on the right save.

Very minor inconvenience but it's happened enough times that I wanted to ask if you think its achievable haha

These are all the save PTs I have in CS. I have 2 pages of save game paths in BaDIK so it should give some context of where I'm coming from
1701037763519.png

• Wow
Reactions: Chace005 and darlic

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
LMAO YEP. That was my F around and find out save hahaha

Left it there as a reminder
TBH, the FAFO playthrough gives you the "Shaky" attribute (for only one LI depending on further actions)... so it's different. Keep it, you never know what shenanigans will ensue later with either LI being on the "Shaky" route.... but I have a few guesses :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
... and don't bring up BaDIK... I'm already having nightmares of what is in front of me in 2 weeks. It was mayhem last go-round, reckon it'll be the same this go too. :p

• Haha
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes