4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
It would be good to be able to know how often just to know when to expect - like in the changelog maybe. Some games seem to update every week and some (non-abandoned) like Light of my Life are over a year (and usually huge updates.)

Reactions: beerus09 and risky0

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
It would be good to be able to know how often just to know when to expect - like in the changelog maybe. Some games seem to update every week and some (non-abandoned) like Light of my Life are over a year (and usually huge updates.)
dev updates are usually posted here as well so even if you don't follow patreon you can still find out how the newest update is coming along

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
"Persia" has been called Iran since 1935.
Really?

But people still identify as Persian, and there's even a language that's called the same! (Also called Farsi, but either is acceptable.)

The place is also still referred to as Persia by some, and the term from which Iran is derived has been around much longer than 1935 (and I think you actually meant 1925), with the region being referred to by various names, some of which included the native form of the word we say and spell as "Iran", but still usually as Persia in the West, in an effort to continue identifying the area in a consistent manner despite revolving leadership in the region (kind of like Myanmar/Burma - use Burma if you want to piss off the military dictators, kind of like using Persia if you want to piss off the Imam dictators). The root for Iran is the same as the root for Aryan, but I digress.

The point is that, before you go being dismissive of others, know what you're talking about. It will reduce your chance of looking foolish.

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020
From the Discord:

View attachment 2444750

"In the year 2168, after well over a century under the reign of Peanutbooter I, the world united for one last trembling grasp at freedom beneath the "U Can't Take Our Contractions" banner. The rebellion was quickly crushed as Battle Angel Amanda donned her power armor and laid waste to the insurgency's cities."
Since the most current topic is boring. I must ensure everyone continues to sing praises to the Glorious Peanutbooter I. May her reign continue free of all those horrible contractions.

Post Script : On a side note. Can you image the hassle it must be to write every dialog of hers and not use any contractions?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Since the most current topic is boring. I must ensure everyone continues to sing praises to the Glorious Peanutbooter I. May her reign continue free of all those horrible contractions.

Post Script : On a side note. Can you image the hassle it must be to write every dialog of hers and not use any contractions?
If she's totally against contractions, how will she bear her heir?

greenjf

Sep 23, 2020
C-section?
Not sure she would condemn you, since it is not a contraction, but I'm sure her Highness would be upset that you used that abbreviation. One should say Caesarion section. Now say 10 Hail Peanutbooters and hope she is pleased.:p

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes