4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
The problem is that her backstory and connection with Jaye and Alex was so good here that in the next game it either feels like her settling, or in their pursuit of making her new relationship even more epic they run the risk of belittling, or diminishing the relationship that got the fanbase to fall in love with her in the first place. Lets not forget that what she does in this game is no small feat, she loves Jaye and at least had a crush on Alex for 15+ years, she was their firsts, but they were also hers firsts and she sacrifices her feelings for both and goes out of her way to play matchmaker and wingman for them for 5+ years. How do you top that in a new story? How do you make her moving on not feel like her settling for the second best option, since she couldn't have this one? There are so many things that have to be carefully considered that it seems like an impossible mountain to climb in terms of writing. New game also has way more LIs, so even harder to find screen time to build meaningful relationships with everyone...

People love the idea because they think of it only on the surface, but the more you analyze the possibilities you realize that lighting in a bottle should be left alone. Sequels are most of the times worse for a reason, sometimes despite best intentions and double the effort.

I want to be proven wrong on this one soo bad, I guess we will have to wait and see, right not even if I focus on the present I see only downsides, no Lisa ending, possibly no Lisa sex scene going forward(I think Stoya more than implied that she will get one next episode, but that was also before they announced the next game, depending when every detail of that was in the plans he might have changed his mind, Jill in DIK was also last minute addition, maybe Lisa was like that), no Jaye & Tara threesome, no Jaye & Tara throuple ending. No matter how slim the chances for those occurrences were before, now they are zero *sigh*
You are correct, there will be no Tara or Lisa relationships in Chasing Sunsets. They are not love interests. The story is not lacking because of this decision from the devs. There is no void left by not including Tara, Lisa, or any of the other non-love interest women. Each of these characters is used wonderfully to propagate a plot that I find original and fantastic.

I would not say the upcoming project is a "sequel" per se. Characters from the same universe living their own lives sound more accurate. We know nothing about Tara. More about Lisa, but still nothing that would conflict with any future use of her character in her own game.

I am not quite sure what all the pushback is to using these characters in a game when we have no idea how they will be used.
How do you make her moving on not feel like her settling for the second best option, since she couldn't have this one?
There is no evidence in Chasing Sunsets that Tara is hung up on either Jaye or the MC. Nor is there any evidence that shows she has feelings that have impacted her adult life and would preclude her from living a full life on her own. We have no information to base any of your fears and worries on. You contend that it would be nearly impossible to carry her character forward. What makes you think she is caught in the past? I do not recall any point in the current game that depicts Tara as longing for a relationship with either Jaye or the MC. Because of her love for both of them and her understanding that they are in love with each other, Tara does what she can to bring them together, including being surrogates of each other. All her actions are specifically performed to bring the two together, while Tara fades into the background.

Essentially, Tara is a blank slate with the exception of the fact we know she cared deeply for both Jaye and the MC. We know nothing more about her. There is not enough information to make a judgment on how the next story including her (and Lisa) will be. However, I do know that the devs handled all the situations in Chasing Sunsets with poise and respect for each character. They have honored every promise and have delivered a truly fantastic story. That is sufficient evidence alone to believe that the next story will be nothing short of what they are capable of delivering.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The problem is that her backstory and connection with Jaye and Alex was so good here that in the next game it either feels like her settling, or in their pursuit of making her new relationship even more epic they run the risk of belittling, or diminishing the relationship that got the fanbase to fall in love with her in the first place. Lets not forget that what she does in this game is no small feat, she loves Jaye and at least had a crush on Alex for 15+ years, she was their firsts, but they were also hers firsts and she sacrifices her feelings for both and goes out of her way to play matchmaker and wingman for them for 5+ years. How do you top that in a new story? How do you make her moving on not feel like her settling for the second best option, since she couldn't have this one? There are so many things that have to be carefully considered that it seems like an impossible mountain to climb in terms of writing. New game also has way more LIs, so even harder to find screen time to build meaningful relationships with everyone...

People love the idea because they think of it only on the surface, but the more you analyze the possibilities you realize that lighting in a bottle should be left alone. Sequels are most of the times worse for a reason, sometimes despite best intentions and double the effort.

I want to be proven wrong on this one soo bad, I guess we will have to wait and see, right not even if I focus on the present I see only downsides, no Lisa ending, possibly no Lisa sex scene going forward(I think Stoya more than implied that she will get one next episode, but that was also before they announced the next game, depending when every detail of that was in the plans he might have changed his mind, Jill in DIK was also last minute addition, maybe Lisa was like that), no Jaye & Tara threesome, no Jaye & Tara throuple ending. No matter how slim the chances for those occurrences were before, now they are zero *sigh*
Same model, different character

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
You are correct, there will be no Tara or Lisa relationships in Chasing Sunsets. They are not love interests. The story is not lacking because of this decision from the devs. There is no void left by not including Tara, Lisa, or any of the other non-love interest women. Each of these characters is used wonderfully to propagate a plot that I find original and fantastic.

I would not say the upcoming project is a "sequel" per se. Characters from the same universe living their own lives sound more accurate. We know nothing about Tara. More about Lisa, but still nothing that would conflict with any future use of her character in her own game.

I am not quite sure what all the pushback is to using these characters in a game when we have no idea how they will be used.

There is no evidence in Chasing Sunsets that Tara is hung up on either Jaye or the MC. Nor is there any evidence that shows she has feelings that have impacted her adult life and would preclude her from living a full life on her own. We have no information to base any of your fears and worries on. You contend that it would be nearly impossible to carry her character forward. What makes you think she is caught in the past? I do not recall any point in the current game that depicts Tara as longing for a relationship with either Jaye or the MC. Because of her love for both of them and her understanding that they are in love with each other, Tara does what she can to bring them together, including being surrogates of each other. All her actions are specifically performed to bring the two together, while Tara fades into the background.

Essentially, Tara is a blank slate with the exception of the fact we know she cared deeply for both Jaye and the MC. We know nothing more about her. There is not enough information to make a judgment on how the next story including her (and Lisa) will be. However, I do know that the devs handled all the situations in Chasing Sunsets with poise and respect for each character. They have honored every promise and have delivered a truly fantastic story. That is sufficient evidence alone to believe that the next story will be nothing short of what they are capable of delivering.
I totally agree !! Excellent comments.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

I don't think the next game will let you import your CS save, so it'll take a possible end state of CS as canon and build from there (again, canon in games doesn't mean "the one true ending"; it's just the starting point for sequels).

So Lisa being a LI in the next game doesn't exclude any sex scene with her in CS and doesn't even exclude her ending. All of that simply won't be happened in the canon state. I never went after her in all my saves and in them she's just an employee, talking about settling feels way out of place.

As for Tara, she might have had a crush on MC in her teen years, but since he came back she's shown nothing of it.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
This is actually the famous Armor of Distraction... you now have No idea who is behind you or how long you stood there staring... ;)

Personally, I lost either 5 minutes ... or ... 1 day and 5 minutes, not sure which.
Careful, it's an active armor

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes