4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 Well just a heads up its time to start getting ready for the long road of updating the mod for chapter 8 gonna be a big one...
Hmmm... didn't see it coming, usually Stoya bounces a pre-build before a candidate is scheduled for bug testing. Oh well.

Reactions: Punto

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021

[...]

This will be the "expansion chapter" since we were unable to close out the Tonalu arc in Chapter 7 as originally planned. Chapter 9 will pick up where the original Chapter 8 would have opened, in Boston.
Very unsurprisingly and predictably, I daresay.

You totally needed to add those totally "necessary" crossovers, after all :whistle: :whistle:

[...]

The final tally for Chapter 8:

• 1900 new individual static renders
  • 6 new animations
  • 1 Crossover
  • 22 new original audio tracks
  • 21 new achievements

Chapter 8 was bittersweet for us because we say farewell to a few characters (for now) and the next chapter effectively wraps up the pathing, with the final chapter being more of an epilogue that explores the consequences of the player's cumulative choices.

[...]
I'm betting a million pounds that you will add 1 one more chapter, at least. We need more crossovers and achievements, after all.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Chapter 8 was bittersweet for us because we say farewell to a few characters (for now) and the next chapter effectively wraps up the pathing, with the final chapter being more of an epilogue that explores the consequences of the player's cumulative choices.
So if i understood it correctly, we'll have a chapter 9 as a "ending chapter" and a chapter 10 as an "epilogue chapter"?

If so, then wow, didn't knew we were so close to the end...

• Sad
Reactions: JosephH151

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
So if i understood it correctly, we'll have a chapter 9 as a "ending chapter" and a chapter 10 as an "epilogue chapter"?

Keep in mind the next update (v0.9) is chapter 8, because v0.1 was the prologue.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
Yeah totally caught me off guard as well a few months back when I heard their, I guess "podcast", in which they talked about the development of the game. I was stunned when they mentioned the game was past the halfway point. I was so sure it was at most a third of the way in. Don't think I've ever had a worse grasp on the overall stage of any game before, storywise.

The story appears long but it turns out to be much more straightforward and shorter than I could have antecipated. I can see characters like Tara, Tanaka, Erica, Linda, Fiona etc being nothing but supporting cast with a couple of scenes but I expected others such as Lisa, Amanda and even Christian to play a much larger role than what we have seen so far.

Last edited:

Jaime Lannister

Apr 23, 2017
Hes just a troll don't mind him.
To be fair, I am not a troll. This game was rly fun and story was engaging, but we can always stay vigilant cus of what other devs have milked in their sex games on patreon (6 months no update yet people continue to defend, let alone games with 12 months no update and people still defend)

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
To be fair, I am not a troll. This game was rly fun and story was engaging, but we can always stay vigilant cus of what other devs have milked in their sex games on patreon (6 months no update yet people continue to defend, let alone games with 12 months no update and people still defend)
It's relative dude, sure some games take a long time to update, but if the content added is good and big enough, the wait is justified.

This game takes 6 months to update, sure a very long time, but we are getting almost 2K high quality renders and some good writing.

If you are a patreon and are unsatisfied you can unsubscribe, it's your right, but if you are not paying it's not like you lose anything by waiting.

Sure, waiting sucks, buts if the end results is good then the wait is worth it.

Also, making games isn't that simple, specially if the team is small.

Last edited:

jacksparrow

Apr 18, 2017
It was uploaded after a couple of weeks last time.
You sure?

I think SFS has the very rare habit to release the game even for 1€ patreons the launch day ... so I expect the game to be here a couple of minutes after the release.

But maybe I'm wrong ...

P.S.
the release of the game for 1€ is the reason that made me subscribe one year ago, and I cannot be happier

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You sure?

I think SFS has the very rare habit to release the game even for 1€ patreons the launch day ... so I expect the game to be here a couple of minutes after the release.

But maybe I'm wrong ...

P.S.
the release of the game for 1€ is the reason that made me subscribe one year ago, and I cannot be happier
Well, I've just read what's written in the OP:

Thread Updated
: 2023-05-28
Release Date: 2023-05-10

0.8 was released on 7th May. After 3 days they released a bugfixing 0.8a version, that was uploaded here on 28th May.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Well, I've just read what's written in the OP:

Thread Updated
: 2023-05-28
Release Date: 2023-05-10

0.8 was released on 7th May. After 3 days they released a bugfixing 0.8a version, that was uploaded here on 28th May.
Actually 0.8 was released on May 6. By May 7 someone posted the official download link here which was quickly removed afterwards.
1700599844906.png

0.8a was released on May 10 and a link appeared here on the same day.
1700600002924.png

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes