• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.60 star(s) 304 Votes

qvcatullus

Sep 17, 2020
Does anyone know what VN do the brother/sister couple that Jaye and the MC come from? I love how there is so much cross referencing between devs and VNs. I also noticed Lexi in the shop at one point.
The couple that they meet (Jack and Eve) are from Summer Scent. Jaye has a pretty long cameo in that game as well, and there's other fun interplay, like CS's naughty French Captain as a reference to SS's dev, The Naughty Captain, who is French.

The signature style of that game is that it's quite drama heavy, and there are a LOT of branching routes that interplay for how the game can go (not just which girl do you romance, but is your character supportive, controlling, or batshit nuts, etc.). That makes the choices you make along the way extremely important for how things proceed, and sometimes this is a good thing, but sometimes (rarely, one big exception I allude to here) it means things like hanging out with the wrong person at the shopping mall can get you a bad ending later on in a certain route even though it wasn't very obvious at the time which choice would lead to a certain conversation. To mitigate that, the game has a built-in walkthrough (lighthouse mode) where you can set what route you want to follow and it will give you nudges if a choice can push away from that route.

If those don't sound like your kind of game, don't play, but if they do, it's quite solid. Play through the existing content once blind and see where you end up, then try playing with lighthouse on to pick your route if it went off the rails or you got a bad ending.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Thinking like this helps the devs push releases ever further apart which they definitely want: not only do they make more money with a longer dev time, but they also don't need to work as hard daily (or hire an extra person to help).

If other devs make the same mistake it doesn't mean we should encourage it, we should try to keep them honest.

Also, as players, we tend to lose touch with the characters and story after so much time. I definitely care less after 6 months compared to 3 and I doubt I'm alone.
well I'm not going to complain about that on a pirate forum, I'll take what I get... if you pay for it then you certainly can if you don't like something

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I know many devs gain a lot by having their game on this very popular forum: Steam buyers, Patreon supporters, constructive criticism, praise and appreciation which serve as motivation, etc.
It's not really immoral to complain here and thread activity in general can help to keep the interest alive.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Thinking like this helps the devs push releases ever further apart which they definitely want: not only do they make more money with a longer dev time, but they also don't need to work as hard daily (or hire an extra person to help).
It's a progress and it definitely don't help to squeeze out a dev like a lemon. I want devs who take care of themselves and have a solid work life balance. You don't get good results out of stressed and overworked people. Well, and money... just don't pledge more than it's worth to you. One can stop to pledge at Patreon at any time. It takes only a few clicks.
If other devs make the same mistake it doesn't mean we should encourage it, we should try to keep them honest.
It's not a mistake. Good things take a while. I don't want an (A)VN which is shitty and full of bugs, plot holes, and bad graphics because the dev worked fast and not accurate.
Also, as players, we tend to lose touch with the characters and story after so much time. I definitely care less after 6 months compared to 3 and I doubt I'm alone.
No, you're not alone but you're not part of the majority.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
It's a progress and it definitely don't help to squeeze out a dev like a lemon. I want devs who take care of themselves and have a solid work life balance. You don't get good results out of stressed and overworked people. Well, and money... just don't pledge more than it's worth to you. One can stop to pledge at Patreon at any time. It takes only a few clicks.
It's not a mistake. Good things take a while. I don't want an (A)VN which is shitty and full of bugs, plot holes, and bad graphics because the dev worked fast and not accurate.
No, you're not alone but you're not part of the majority.
Devs reading things like this will be rubbing their hands. No one said about over-working them, just holding them accountable because there is an observed trend of increasing time between releases, seen with many games.

Yes, one can stop a pledge on Pateron when one feels the devs are too slow. But we're encouraging them to be slow if our attitude is ' 6 months isn't even that long, there are other similar quality games with even longer dev cycles'. This just keeps moving the goalpost to our detriment.

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Devs reading things like this will be rubbing their hands. No one said about over-working them, just holding them accountable because there is an observed trend of increasing time between releases, seen with many games.

Yes, one can stop a pledge on Pateron when one feels the devs are too slow. But we're encouraging them to be slow if our attitude is ' 6 months isn't even that long, there are other similar quality games with even longer dev cycles'. This just keeps moving the goalpost to our detriment.
I think you have a slightly mistaken point of view. Just because it takes longer doesn't mean that developers work less. It's normal that as the game progresses it needs more and more development time due to all the variables. When it takes 1000 images to make chapter 1, you will need 2000 or more in chapter 10 to make it look like they have the same content.
And what difference does it make if you get an update in 3 months with 1000 images, to one in 6 months with 2000 images? It's the same and the total development time will be the same in the end.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I think you have a slightly mistaken point of view. Just because it takes longer doesn't mean that developers work less. It's normal that as the game progresses it needs more and more development time due to all the variables. When it takes 1000 images to make chapter 1, you will need 2000 or more in chapter 10 to make it look like they have the same content.
And what difference does it make if you get an update in 3 months with 1000 images, to one in 6 months with 2000 images? It's the same and the total development time will be the same in the end.
You really should avoid using logic around here, it offset some people........

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Cameos in the Chasing Sunsets/ARTEMIS/Leap of Faith AVN shared universe timeline
(spoiler tags to make post smaller)

As of November 2023:

1- Jaye in Summer Scent since she mentions her parents as still being alive (although i consider this AVN as not being part of the shared universe, imma add it here for continuity)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2- Jaye at the harbor in Leap of Faith where she talks to the LoF MC (James) and takes a selfie with Lexi.
3- Jaye's selfie with Lexi is sent to Tara.
4- DJ Kink (Kindra) appears in LoF and kisses the MC (James), mistaking him for the ARTEMIS MC (Aiden)
5- Kindra calls Lexi to ask for a favor and shows her the ARTEMIS MC (Aiden), telling her she "also had one at home" and Lexi mistakes him for the LoF MC (James) (meaning this cameo is after a "Lexi Ending" in LoF, however that doesn't mean it's the canon ending)
6- In Ch.7 of Chasing Sunsets, Artemis talks to Amanda in a group chat.
7- Jaye calls the siblings from Summer Scent, they talk with Jaye giving advice with her "relationship" with Alex (again i personally don't consider this game as part of the shared universe)

Unknown point- Christine AKA Sea, James's (LoF MC) half-sister appears in U4IA as a possible LI, still clumsy as ever (this is considered as part of the shared universe since U4IA is a sequel to LoF)
Unknown point- Jaye and Mallory in Single Again

Unknown point- Lexi and Cece in Fog of War

Unknown point- Cece in Dreams of Reality.
Unknown point- Cece in Beyond Tomorrow
Special mention - Eternum cameo in Chasing Sunsets chapter 8

This post will be updated as more cameos happen.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
1- Jaye in Summer Scent since she mentions her parents as still being alive (although i consider this AVN as not being part of the shared universe, imma add it here for continuity)
The story of Summer Scent takes place some years before Chasing Sunsets. Jaye mentioned it in Chapter 7 before calling them.

And for the cameos, there's one in One Day at a Time with Dreams of Reality. Lydia and MC are talking about the park bench and the memorial plate on it. Don't want to spoil more. Everyone who played Dreams of Reality knows which bench.

Reactions: underoath27

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
No. Dev has a publicly stated target of a release every 90 days. Not that they always make it, but that's what they aim for, and more often than not they are fairly close to that target.
I go by the number of updates so far. There have been 7 full updates (0.1~>0.8) From Sep 2020 to May 2023. So, 7 updates in 32 months. That is 1 update every 4 1/2 months. Now, take into account that newer chapters are bigger, the story needs to be revisited etc and it is reasonable to expect that later chapters will take more than that while previous chapters were indeed 3 months.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Dumb question, but why was it disrespectful in ch1 for MC to defrost and warm up the car?
Well, not only was it not MC's car (meaning he took Mallory's key and wasted her gas without permission), but they weren't even going to drive. They were riding ski-doos.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 304 Votes