ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
At which point, the player might consider trying another game, rather than continue being frustrated by the devs.
One could certainly make that argument, but early on the game did play quite differently depending on how the player approached Jaye. The distinction between Trust points and Love points was noticeable, and the devs even made some comments about leaning further in that direction.

Alas, they went a different route, and Trust and Love have been more or less identical since. By then I was far enough in that I wanted to see how things will end. I doubt I'll stick around for Firewall, though.

CheetoInChief

Oct 10, 2021
Melt the coin before flipping it, dropkick Jaye off a cliff, push Mallory in front of a moving bus. Console Tara and Amanda. Get the best throuple.

Easiest decision of my life!
I don't get anyone being interested in Amanda/Peanut at all. She's one of the most random characters ever, and could be a friend or something, but over Mallory? OVER JAYE? BLASPHEMY! Tara is really good though, so I can't fault you on that one. Peanut would be the one I would dropkick off a cliff and get run over by a train over all the others though.

Reactions: ename144

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I don't get anyone being interested in Amanda/Peanut at all. She's one of the most random characters ever, and could be a friend or something, but over Mallory? OVER JAYE? BLASPHEMY! Tara is really good though, so I can't fault you on that one. Peanut would be the one I would dropkick off a cliff and get run over by a train over all the others though.
I personally like Amanda/Peanut more than Jaye if you don't take the romance story into consideration I just really love how energetic and quirkly / weird she is sometimes I just like the weird girl lol. Not sure if I can say I like her more than Mallory or not id need to replay the game to say. But I will say the Story is what carries Jaye for me in this game, without that I can easily say I like at least 2-3 character more than her.

CheetoInChief

Oct 10, 2021
:: comes to Chasing Sunsets thread ::
:: sees long thread of replies ::
:: assumes release announcement is made, causing excitement ::
:: reads posts ::
:: simpolympics commences ::
:: slowly backs away ::
:: shouts Bianca is best girl on way to the bar ::
:: sees Bianca is best girl slowly backs away ::

CheetoInChief

Oct 10, 2021
I personally like Amanda/Peanut more than Jaye if you don't take the romance story into consideration I just really love how energetic and quirkly / weird she is sometimes I just like the weird girl lol. Not sure if I can say I like her more than Mallory or not id need to replay the game to say. But I will say the Story is what carries Jaye for me in this game, without that I can easily say I like at least 2-3 character more than her.
Yeah, she's a bit too out there for me honestly lol. I don't mind a woman with some quirks, but with that many? Not romanceable IMO. Her biggest turn off for me is in the Mallory path where she pretty much forces Mallory to touch you. Jaye just has that compelling story, and the romance is hot. Not to mention, she is beautiful and I kinda have a personal weakness for redheads lol. Though I prefer redheaded men lol. Mallory is good, but not Jaye level. If I had a list in preference, it would be, Jaye, Tara, Mallory, anyone else, then Amanda lol.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, she's a bit too out there for me honestly lol. I don't mind a woman with some quirks, but with that many? Not romanceable IMO. Jaye just has that compelling story, and the romance is hot. Not to mention, she is beautiful and I kinda have a personal weakness for redheads lol. Though I prefer redheaded men lol. Mallory is good, but not Jaye level. If I had a list in preference, it would be, Jaye, Tara, Mallory, anyone else, then Amanda lol.
funny thing is I have a thing for redheads yet one of my 3 preferences / weakness when it comes to appearance / looks. Yet Jaye just doesn't do it for me she is the first redhead im not physically attracted to at least in the world of AVN's. Yeah if she was a real person id be crazy to pass her up even if im not a fan of her face / shade of red.

Reactions: CheetoInChief

CheetoInChief

Oct 10, 2021
funny thing is I have a thing for redheads yet one of my 3 preferences / weakness when it comes to appearance / looks. Yet Jaye just doesn't do it for me she is the first redhead im not physically attracted to at least in the world of AVN's. Yeah if was a real person id be crazy to pass her up even if im not a fan of her face / shade of red.
That's crazy to me. She has all the appeal you could look for to me. Not to mention all of the history that is there! She's easily in my top two of romanceable companions? Or love interests? Whatever you want to call it in VNs on here. Sage from Being A Dik might edge her out, just because I like that game and the story a whole lot more. There's not many red heads in other games on here unfortunately. One good one is in One More Time from the Top, but you have to be gay/bi/have an interest in men for that one.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
The thing is, Amanda is not only stupid hot, she is interesting. I really liked her introduction and her Rett Syndrome affliction. How awkward she acts was a breath of fresh air in an AVN that started to get stale really fast as soon as they got to Tonallu.

Tara is unquestionable. I will forever believe her not being a full fledged LI after that first spicy scene is the biggest fumble I've ever seen in an AVN. And like I explained, Amanda is attractive and interesting.

The real issue for me lies with Jaye and Mallory. They both start off really strong (even though I've never considered Mallory anything more than a fuck buddy) but fall off as the story progresses. I've been very vocal before regarding my dissappoitnment with how the narrative unfolds. Basically I feel like we get to see only the more boring shit. I wanted to spend more time training with Lisa and George, learning about the business and interacting with the characters in that manner. The parts that we skip via Alex writing on his diary, is what I wanted to really play through. Not the Chief Tanaka or Bianca stuff with the house.

The relationship with Jaye gets kinda repetitive for me and since I never had any interest in romancing Mallory, the side characters grew on me a lot. I still LOVE Chasing Sunsets but I wish things would have unfolded a little differently in Tonalu and abord the yacht.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
That's crazy to me. She has all the appeal you could look for to me. Not to mention all of the history that is there! She's easily in my top two of romanceable companions? Or love interests? Whatever you want to call it in VNs on here. Sage from Being A Dik might edge her out, just because I like that game and the story a whole lot more. There's not many red heads in other games on here unfortunately. One good one is in One More Time from the Top, but you have to be gay/bi/have an interest in men for that one.
with the story and personality she is still very attractive in that regard I was more just talking about physical attraction. For me i'd say Jaye is around the top 30 maybe a bit lower or so not 100% for me I do like a good amount of LI more not 100% sure I need to update my LI list. But keep in mind I got around 150 - 200 LI on that list.

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
The thing is, Amanda is not only stupid hot, she is interesting. I really liked her introduction and her Rett Syndrome affliction. How awkward she acts was a breath of fresh air in an AVN that started to get stale really fast as soon as they got to Tonallu.

Tara is unquestionable. I will forever believe her not being a full fledged LI after that first spicy scene is the biggest fumble I've ever seen in an AVN. And like I explained, Amanda is attractive and interesting.

The real issue for me lies with Jaye and Mallory. They both start off really strong (even though I've never considered Mallory anything more than a fuck buddy) but fall off as the story progresses. I've been very vocal before regarding my dissappoitnment with how the narrative unfolds. Basically I feel like we get to see only the more boring shit. I wanted to spend more time training with Lisa and George, learning about the business and interacting with the characters in that manner. The parts that we skip via Alex writing on his diary, is what I wanted to really play through. Not the Chief Tanaka or Bianca stuff with the house.

The relationship with Jaye gets kinda repetitive for me and since I never had any interest in romancing Mallory, the side characters grew on me a lot. I still LOVE Chasing Sunsets but I wish things would have unfolded a little differently in Tonalu and abord the yacht.
This is still one of the funniest scenes across all AVNs for me.

amanda-zuul.png

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Chasing Sunsets Ch9 - Release Imminent

An hour ago

We're in our fourth day of beta, and most of the outstanding issues have either been identified and corrected, or will be in the next 24 hours.
In fact, I've been so busy tying up loose ends, tweaking, and correcting items identified in beta, I almost forgot to post my promised Thursday update tonight before it was Friday (for me.)
Outstanding items at this point remain the completion of the closing credits crawl, some sound work, and a few more bugs to run down.
As of now, we're shooting for a release on Saturday or Sunday (this weekend.)
I'll post both the Mega and GoFile links here with the release announcement.
Thank you all for waiting patiently while Kent and I do our thing!

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I wouldn't do a solo Peanut path, but I'd happily include her in a Sharing/Throuple situation with Mallory. Peanut is great but a little too out there for a true romance partner imo.
Yeah, she's a bit too out there for me honestly lol. I don't mind a woman with some quirks, but with that many? Not romanceable IMO. Her biggest turn off for me is in the Mallory path where she pretty much forces Mallory to touch you. Jaye just has that compelling story, and the romance is hot. Not to mention, she is beautiful and I kinda have a personal weakness for redheads lol. Though I prefer redheaded men lol. Mallory is good, but not Jaye level. If I had a list in preference, it would be, Jaye, Tara, Mallory, anyone else, then Amanda lol.
I've never actually liked Jaye's super tan Ginger look, she is insanely hot but a ginger WITH a soul just feels wrong.... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: CheetoInChief
4.60 star(s) 314 Votes