felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm a bit surprised by how controversial Amanda is since I'm most torn about chef Tanaka.

I find Asian chicks very exotic and attractive so I was particularly disappointed by her attitude in the beginning. She does make a comeback in the end and I do have her on my harem path (wonder how that will turn out). But first impressions still matter and I'll never like her as much as I would have if she had just been a normal human being.

Being a nasty bitch so soon after losing your parents is hard to explain given that she claims to have respected Sarah. I guess in the end, women can simply be irrational and it just can't be avoided :)
Tanaka was quite a filler, first used in the classic calming scene for the players in which the protagonist is casually humiliated, and afterwards for the sake of fan service suddenly completely melts down for him, in a quite humiliating way too (it's not as if the coin game is exactly the most charming thing in this world.. )

Reactions: ename144

CheetoInChief

Oct 10, 2021
I'm a bit surprised by how controversial Amanda is since I'm most torn about chef Tanaka.

I find Asian chicks very exotic and attractive so I was particularly disappointed by her attitude in the beginning. She does make a comeback in the end and I do have her on my harem path (wonder how that will turn out). But first impressions still matter and I'll never like her as much as I would have if she had just been a normal human being.

Being a nasty bitch so soon after losing your parents is hard to explain given that she claims to have respected Sarah. I guess in the end, women can simply be irrational and it just can't be avoided :)
Honestly, there's been too many characters that are written in a kinda similar fashion in VNs I have played that it was just a throwaway for me. The type where they act all mean and insulting in the beginning to where they come around and you guys find yourself closer at the end. I think she was a decent character, but she wasn't really written to be anything more than a side character. Where Amanda is definitely a bigger part of the whole story. She also has unavoidable sexual contact with your character. So that's why I feel like she gets a lot more hate than people like Tanaka or Bianca.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: alex13_zen

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
Yeah so, do you see any new information at either or ? No to both?
Less than 4 hours ago on the Discord server, posted by Stoya:
I just posted a release candidate for beta review. If nothing jarring comes out of that, there will be one last pass for grammar and other issues, and we'll package it up for production distribution either later tonight or no later than mid-day US tomorrow.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Update will be up soon

:devilish:

Steam is being a pain in my ass. I was able to push the PC build, but the Mac build is choking. 3/4 mirrors have pushed. I will update the Patreon/Subscribestar links soon.

For reference, that was posted literally 1 minute before my comment here on F95 ;)

Reactions: Walter Victor

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Not that it matters a whole bunch, I've noticed last couple updates the Steam update/changelog usually gets pushed out first. At least I've had the update on Steam before it hits Patreon.
Do they actually update the steam version per chapter? It's currently sitting on a 2022 release and early access date
Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 09.18.46.png

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Do they actually update the steam version per chapter? It's currently sitting on a 2022 release and update date
Steam updates same time as Patreon, usually it comes out before it hits Patreon but seems be a few minutes behind.

Yes, I have v0.9a currently on Steam with Sancho's mod.

• Hey there
Reactions: doovel

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Has been released ;)

jayepool2edit4K.png

The most recent update is v1.0 which completes the main story.

Please read below, while this does finish it's main story, there are 3 more updates, read below.

To be clear, there are at least three updates left: The first will be a mid-cycle update that includes consolidation of the two divergent codebases and a massive cleanup of the earlier chapters and the removal unused images, sounds, etc.

The second will be the epilogue which looks ahead at how your ending pans out. Effectively the final chapter.

The last will be our revamp of the first 2.5 chapters to bring things up to our state of the art. Call it the "remaster."

By next year at this time, we expect to be deep into the development of Firebreak.
Full Patreon Release Post

Well, here we are near the end of a journey that began three years ago.

Tonight, we release Chasing Sunsets Chapter 9, which brings the main story arc to a conclusion.

There remain several updates before we move on, however.

The next update will be an effort to stomp out any bugs or other inconsistencies in earlier chapters, eliminate duplication of any assets, and settle on a compression method that Kent agrees is a fair balance between visual fidelity and file size.

Chapter 9 will lock in the player's ending, which will be explored in greater detail in the final content update hopefully by the end of this year.

There are still some story lines left to wrap up in the next update, as well as some exposition on how things will evolve for characters as the ripple effects of their decisions expand both through family, friendships, and even the world.

As of today, Chasing Sunsets contains just shy of 16000 renders, 200K words of story and dialogue, nearly 150 pieces of music, and nearly 300 different sound effects.

Our game contains nearly 100 different characters with speaking roles, and has 204 achievements.

Chapter 9 explores a world that has grown smaller for our protagonists after returning from the island. Against the continued threats from the usual suspects, Mallory wants to return to the fun she and the main character had the first time they met: Outdoors with no labels on their relationship.

Needless to say, Mallory is well aware of Jaye's bungalow adventure with the main character, so she knows the bar has been set pretty high. Will she be up to the challenge?

Meanwhile, Jaye is wrestling with the specter of her medical school dreams evaporating, and all of this while the pressure is still on from their government and corporate enemies to nip the threat posed by Mallory's existence in the bud.

We will see some new faces as well as revisit a few from earlier chapters as events converge on a trajectory that, unsurprisingly, ends where it began.

There are changes beyond the content addition. You'll notice a new main menu with updates to dated animation, and improvements throughout the UI.

Additionally, Kent added his first animations to replace the slideshow lewd psuedo-animations scenes in the Prologue and Ch1.

Where do we go from here? Chasing Sunsets moved on from Early Access on purchase platforms today. While we will add one more content update, and modernize the oldest parts, our focus will begin moving toward our next project, Firebreak.

We hope you enjoy Chapter 9 as much as we enjoyed making it. We hope you laugh a little, maybe get a little bit of the feels, and, of course, enjoy our ladies doing what they do best.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us on this project. We couldn't do it without you, and we hope what we do next only raises the bar.

You'll find the Mega and Gofile links posted on the pinned message above.

Pro-tip, if you leak this game, don't use the dev links, they will just remove them and you will fuck over their Patreon's, use your own links. The game is also only a single dollar on both Patreon and SubscribeStar, food for thought.

Last edited:

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Steam updates same time as Patreon, usually it comes out before it hits Patreon but seems be a few minutes behind.

Yes, I have v0.9a currently on Steam with Sancho's mod.
Sweet louise, just bought it on Steam. Steam version is 12.5Gigs when I click "Install Content". But only 6.2 when it is actually downloading.. Curious. This is for Mac though. Might have to move to my game pc if they end up pushing that build earlier due to those build issues mentioned above.

Thanks for the headsup. Hopefully the savegames are compatible?

4.60 star(s) 314 Votes