Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Is it possible to end up with Jaye but not Mallory at the end? Yes, this path is wide open. One would need to be brain dead to fall off it.

Is it possible to end up with Mallory but not Jaye at the end? Yes, but while this path is measurably narrower, it'd only take 2 functioning brain cells to follow.

Is it possible to thread the needle and end up with both Jaye & Mallory at the end? Also yes, but it's like a cliff-walk. One wrong step and *SPLAT*.

FuhQ314

Jul 18, 2024
Why I can't play this game using joiplay, this game just stucks in the title screen, start, settings, quit none of these works. I have the patreon version of joiplay btw
That's why I just bought a PC, costs more than Joiplay but easier to deal with and works every time unless the AVN itself is just plain buggy or not made for PC.

lonelyk

Feb 12, 2019
Finally finished the update on an open relationship path, welp that was bittersweet. The game remains top-notched, but I can't help but feel the dev tried to "subvert expectations" (which worked so well for GoT, right?) by denying a ménage à trois that we have every reason to believe would work. It's even more baffling that it's apparently possible on the Jaye-only path, where the intimacy between MC and Mal and the alchemy between the three of them is not on the same level. I don't hold any hope that the Epilogue will change that. All this ending will do is make me rate the game lower than where it should be.

El Pene Del Diablo

Oct 16, 2022
I was a comic kid growing up. still kinda am now. I've seen a lot of crazy fem fatale's and villians just plain crazy-ho's. but I dont think I ever saw any of them exhibit THIS level of pure machiavellian joy at executing their shenanigans!

10/10 would take over the world with her.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May 9, 2021
The reason why people are annoyed is because the choices don't make logical sense. If you're going to push for certain gatekeeping choices to reach certain paths related to who characters end up with, those choices should be a consistent build up.

Polyamory isn't something you just flick a switch on. It's not some BS 'kink' that you can create a situation where one person goes 'Hey, I love this person a lot, and since I do, I'm going to suggest polyamory to him' like Jaye does. And it's definitely not something that someone just randomly agrees to like Mallory does. It’s not fucking anal or bondage, FFS.

In RL, the way polyamory happens with monogamous people is exactly how the so called 'open relationship' path goes. The people involved literally fall in love with the same person, who is completely honest and open about the fact that they are poly, and then decide that having a part of someone they love intensely is better than having nothing at all.

In this story, you only get a unicorn ending (it’s not a ending of the girls aren’t of equal status) if you commit fully to one girl. There is absolutely no wiggle room at all…it starts back when the MC is checking out the girls topless on the boat deck, because you need that extra “love point” to push you over the edge to get the bet on red (Jaye loves you enough to explore with Mallory) or bet on black (Mallory loves you and Amanda) achievements.

In other words, so called polyamory becomes a reward for being completely monogamous, which is exactly the opposite of what anyone should expect. I’m all good with making it difficult to achieve, but my theory is that they realised that most people had managed to get the real throuple path (both being in an open relationship) and instead of making it so that Jaye and Tara were a thing with enough love/trust points, with Tara being the unicorn (which would make sense narratively), they instead ditched that ending and shifted the Jaye/Mallory ending over to Jaye’s path.

Last edited:

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Damn. I always just thought this would be another one of those VNs that are never completed and just have never-ending dev cycles. (To be fair, I haven't played in a while because I was waiting for the updates to build up so I have no idea in which direction the story went.)

Congratulations!

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The reason why people are annoyed is because the choices don't make logical sense. If you're going to push for certain gatekeeping choices to reach certain paths related to who characters end up with, those choices should be a consistent build up.

Polyamory isn't something you just flick a switch on. It's not some BS 'kink' that you can create a situation where one person goes 'Hey, I love this person a lot, and since I do, I'm going to suggest polyamory to him' like Jaye does. And it's definitely not something that someone just randomly agrees to like Mallory does. It’s not fucking anal or bondage, FFS.

In RL, the way polyamory happens with monogamous people is exactly how the so called 'open relationship' path goes. The people involved literally fall in love with the same person, who is completely honest and open about the fact that they are poly, and then decide that having a part of someone they love intensely is better than having nothing at all.

In this story, you only get a unicorn ending (it’s not a ending of the girls aren’t of equal status) if you commit fully to one girl. There is absolutely no wiggle room at all…it starts back when the MC is checking out the girls topless on the boat deck, because you need that extra “love point” to push you over the edge to get the bet on red (Jaye loves you enough to explore with Mallory) or bet on black (Mallory loves you and Amanda) achievements.

In other words, so called polyamory becomes a reward for being completely monogamous, which is exactly the opposite of what anyone should expect. I’m all good with making it difficult to achieve, but my theory is that they realised that most people had managed to get the real throuple path (both being in an open relationship) and instead of making it so that Jaye and Tara were a thing with enough love/trust points, with Tara being the unicorn (which would make sense narratively), they instead ditched that ending and shifted the Jaye/Mallory ending over to Jaye’s path.

For the most part I agree with you. I don't think the devs changed their mind at the last moment, though.

I think they always intended to punish "greedy/manwhore" behavior and reward loyalty, it's just that they used a very crude heuristic to make that determination. They figured greedy playthroughs would jump at the open relationship while loyal ones would bite the bullet and call things off with Mallory - because that's no less than Jaye deserves. They didn't think through the details, like how players might view those options in a different light and thus make choices out of line with the dev's broad categorization of their motivations.

They basically copied the form of those old secret tests of character (the ones where you need to turn down a reward in order to get it), and thus treated the throuple like a reward to be earned rather than an inter-character conundrum to be resolved.
No surprise the resulting characterizations can be wildly inconsistent.

Jan 17, 2021
So anyone know if DarkAssassin's gallery mod is updated for this release? Nothing on the post suggests so, but I've seen plenty of times where it either works with all further updated versions, or they just don't update the notations.

cartcurt

Feb 25, 2019
Finished the game and loved it but it ended too quickly. Hope it will have sequel.
I tried open rel route in the end credit, it says for Mal that I am ex ?... Where is the trick? Or is this the open route?

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
well yeah considering the outcomes seem ass backwards.
go monogamous and you can pulla throuple.
This is factually untrue. I went monogamous and got solo Jaye ending no problem. The reason you got throuple is because you kept on flirting with Mallory too. If you want to be monogamous, then be monogamous and not flirt with others. Don't be wanting high relationship points with Mallory and then be upset that the high relationship points mean that she wants to be with MC. That's consequence of your choices.

• Haha
Reactions: pitao and EZ8lt
4.60 star(s) 314 Votes