SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Sweet louise, just bought it on Steam. Steam version is 12.5Gigs when I click "Install Content". But only 6.2 when it is actually downloading.. Curious. This is for Mac though. Might have to move to my game pc if they end up pushing that build earlier due to those build issues mentioned above.

Thanks for the headsup. Hopefully the savegames are compatible?
Nah, it's around 6.9GB give or take. Update is not live yet for Steam, still having issues uploading to it I think. At least I've not got it yet.

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Nah, it's around 6.9GB give or take. Update is not live yet for Steam, still having issues uploading to it I think. At least I've not got it yet.
Yeah just moved to my PC, it's only 6.25GBs on disk. Still on last chapter for now though. Gonna sort out my saves if possible. So that'll take some time anyway. Hopefully with a pleasant surprise at the end for me.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Oh fml, they don't seem to be compatible.
Saves? If you used Sancho's mod you need his save fixer.

Steam is it's own version, that is why Sancho has 2 different mods, one for Steam and one Patreon/SS version.

Restart your Steam client and you should get the update now, update is about 800-900MB.

Reactions: pitao

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Saves? If you used Sancho's mod you need his save fixer.

Steam is it's own version, that is why Sancho has 2 different mods, one for Steam and one Patreon/SS version.

Restart your Steam client and you should get the update now, update is about 800-900MB.
Yeah just got it. Cheers

Old Man Al

Jan 18, 2022

Well, here we are near the end of a journey that began three years ago.
Tonight, we release Chasing Sunsets Chapter 9, which brings the main story arc to a conclusion.
There remain several updates before we move on, however.
The next update will be an effort to stomp out any bugs or other inconsistencies in earlier chapters, eliminate duplication of any assets, and settle on a compression method that Kent agrees is a fair balance between visual fidelity and file size.
Chapter 9 will lock in the player's ending, which will be explored in greater detail in the final content update hopefully by the end of this year.
There are still some story lines left to wrap up in the next update, as well as some exposition on how things will evolve for characters as the ripple effects of their decisions expand both through family, friendships, and even the world.
As of today, Chasing Sunsets contains just shy of 16000 renders, 200K words of story and dialogue, nearly 150 pieces of music, and nearly 300 different sound effects.
Our game contains nearly 100 different characters with speaking roles, and has 204 achievements.
Chapter 9 explores a world that has grown smaller for our protagonists after returning from the island. Against the continued threats from the usual suspects, Mallory wants to return to the fun she and the main character had the first time they met: Outdoors with no labels on their relationship.
Needless to say, Mallory is well aware of Jaye's bungalow adventure with the main character, so she knows the bar has been set pretty high. Will she be up to the challenge?
Meanwhile, Jaye is wrestling with the specter of her medical school dreams evaporating, and all of this while the pressure is still on from their government and corporate enemies to nip the threat posed by Mallory's existence in the bud.
We will see some new faces as well as revisit a few from earlier chapters as events converge on a trajectory that, unsurprisingly, ends where it began.
There are changes beyond the content addition. You'll notice a new main menu with updates to dated animation, and improvements throughout the UI.
Additionally, Kent added his first animations to replace the slideshow lewd psuedo-animations scenes in the Prologue and Ch1.
Where do we go from here? Chasing Sunsets moved on from Early Access on purchase platforms today. While we will add one more content update, and modernize the oldest parts, our focus will begin moving toward our next project, Firebreak.
We hope you enjoy Chapter 9 as much as we enjoyed making it. We hope you laugh a little, maybe get a little bit of the feels, and, of course, enjoy our ladies doing what they do best.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us on this project. We couldn't do it without you, and we hope what we do next only raises the bar.

You'll find the Mega and Gofile links posted on the pinned message above.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Downloading now. I guess it's too early to ask if the mods for the game have been updated?
Sancho's won't be, read the comment form the "mod thread", and if you used his mod you will need to use his save fixer posted in the OP of his mod thread.

Just a heads up, don't be expecting an update for this when the game launches Saturday or Sunday (including Steam version) as still not heard anything from Sancho.

Don't spam this thread update, or update when....

doovel

Nov 13, 2023
Yeah, I have done the Jaye Rom path, Jaye non-Rom + Open Mal path so far and I... Did we skip the entire third act??
Honestly feels like the Jaye Rom path is more of a choice the dev is trying to force you to make. Instead of weighing what the characters would do and choose to do.

I'm trying to be delicate and not drop any spoilers until we're a few days into the release.

Reactions: temp614699b1

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
What do you mean beat the jaye route? Isnt the final chapter remaining?
The most recent update is v1.0 which completes the main story.

To be clear, there are at least three updates left: The first will be a mid-cycle update that includes consolidation of the two divergent codebases and a massive cleanup of the earlier chapters and the removal unused images, sounds, etc.

The second will be the epilogue which looks ahead at how your ending pans out. Effectively the final chapter.

The last will be our revamp of the first 2.5 chapters to bring things up to our state of the art. Call it the "remaster."

By next year at this time, we expect to be deep into the development of Firebreak.
All in this post here.

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Honestly feels like the Jaye Rom path is more of a choice the dev is trying to force you to make. Instead of weighing what the characters would do and choose to do.
Bro it's literally always been like that lol.

You literally have to go out of your way to not date Jaye.

4.60 star(s) 314 Votes