Kentyrr

Chasing Sunsets Dev/Artist
Game Developer
Nov 29, 2019

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Ummmm, I haven't changed her. I use the same model with 2 different hair assets...
I hate to say anything against your work, you do some amazing shit, but I have to side with the torch-bearing masses this time around. There's something very off with her appearance. The skin certainly seems less 'real', she does have a much more cartoony look. Was something missed in the render process that used to be applied before?

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
I'm disappointed in who the boat purchaser turned out to be. And that they're selling it - but I understand why need to (in the short term).
I'm sure the cast will be able to buy it back at a discount once the scheme from this chapter comes to fruition.

In Zuul, we trust (probably)!

Kentyrr

Chasing Sunsets Dev/Artist
Game Developer
Nov 29, 2019
I hate to say anything against your work, you do some amazing shit, but I have to side with the torch-bearing masses this time around. There's something very off with her appearance. The skin certainly seems less 'real', she does have a much more cartoony look. Was something missed in the render process that used to be applied before?
Nothing has changed. Maybe less glossiness? Camera angle? Lighting? Her endearing facial expression?

Reactions: MV_1999 and Meushi

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Nothing has changed. Maybe less glossiness? Camera angle? Lighting? Her endearing facial expression?
That was going to be my response. Its just the angle and lightning against her facial expression. The wide eyed expression changes a lot on the face, but that happens with anyone if you always (usually) see them with a resting narrowed eye lid. Dunno why people think or feel it's a completely different face.

Reactions: Walter Victor

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Ummmm, I haven't changed her. I use the same model with 2 different hair assets...
She looks like she joined the Photo Hunt cast, for those that played and those characters always have a , or type morph added onto the their base. And like Ilhares says, her skin seems to lack details, somehow looks worse than Mallory's, which is the rock bottom of bland skins in this VN.
You have done plenty of customs with this haircut and she looked great before, its only the last custom and ch8 where she looks :HideThePain:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When someone shared it I no joke thought this is fan art, there was no way in my mind this is was a Kentyrr render...

When I see these drastic differences I always wonder if devs lose the DUFs mid development and have to remake characters from memory. Are you sure you haven't upgraded her from like g8 to 8.1, or 8.1 to 9 in preparation for the new game and now you can't get her 1:1 ? Blender render vs Daz render? Because this is not Tara, this is an impostor. :Kappa:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
She looks like she joined the Photo Hunt cast, for those that played and those characters always have a , or type morph added onto the their base. And like Ilhares says, her skin seems to lack details, somehow looks worse than Mallory's, which is the rock bottom of bland skins in this VN.
You have done plenty of customs with this haircut and she looked great before, its only the last custom and ch8 where she looks :HideThePain:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When someone shared it I no joke thought this is fan art, there was no way in my mind this is was a Kentyrr render...

When I see these drastic differences I always wonder if devs lose the DUFs mid development and have to remake characters from memory. Are you sure you haven't upgraded her from like g8 to 8.1, or 8.1 to 9 in preparation for the new game and now you can't get her 1:1 ? Blender render vs Daz render? Because this is not Tara, this is an impostor. :Kappa:
They updated to 8.1 long ago, maybe it’s caused by the update to 9? Cause she’s noticeably different, especially around the eyes and their form - she looks like she has eyes like characters from Projekt: Passion.

Reactions: hawk784563

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Kentyrr literally told us the model and processing hasn't changed and the other factors that might have caused those renders to look different... :WaitWhat:

Folks not liking those renders are one thing, but continuing to talk about the model itself being different after being told it isn't is conspiracy theory stuff.

4.60 star(s) 323 Votes