Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That's odd. Huh... Because in the post you just quoted, it said;

I wonder what that means. :unsure:
I guess that means that if the MC is in an open relationship with both Jaye and Mallory, there will be an added option to be with one of them, but probably not both.

Frankly, I can accept almost anything they do, as long as they leave the poly route through Jaye available.

It is also my guess that there will be no MFF scene with the MC, Jaye and Mallory in the Epilogue, although that is something I would certainly LOVE to see.

By the way, SFS has confirmed in a reply to a comment on their Writing a wrong post that 'casual route' is the same as 'open relationship route'.

Dec 29, 2018
You're kidding me. I'll take everything back when I can find this in the game. I played it so much, but I've never seen it.
I took a quick peek at the script files, and it looks like you have to sucker punch Christian at the grad party, and then later choose the "really show Mr. Mendez off the Sunset" when you beat him up a second time. I guess this makes him dislike you enough that he won't visit you? And instead gives the flash drive to Mallory? I'm not sure. But it's worth a try because I've definitely chosen both of those options on a route or two.

Also not sure why I thought the Amanda text had anything to do with it, but it looks like it doesn't affect Christian at all. I vaguely remember fussing with that choice for some reason or another way back when, but I'm drawing a blank as to why it was. Possibly when trying to keep things platonic between Mallory and Amanda or something like that.

Reactions: Justaphase

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
Okay, just finished, and I was on the open/throuple path, but Mallory ended it after the big date day. Is that the only way it can play out, or is there a way to get a better result? Like, if that's the story, it's the story.
In the next update dropping soon, there will be a way to commit to one of the girls if you are in a open relationship. The only way to throuple is jaye, so I am hoping commiting to jaye in ch.9 will still have throuple path available, since she is the only way to throuple. If the throuple still won't be available after that this doesn't fix anything in my opinion. I don't like the idea of shutting a girl down for like 3+ chapters to get a throuple. So if the new update doesn't allow a throuple from the open path after choosing jaye, I think this update will be a little useless.

Reactions: pitao

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I guess that means that if the MC is in an open relationship with both Jaye and Mallory, there will be an added option to be with one of them, but probably not both.

Frankly, I can accept almost anything they do, as long as they leave the poly route through Jaye available.

It is also my guess that there will be no MFF scene with the MC, Jaye and Mallory in the Epilogue, although that is something I would certainly LOVE to see.

By the way, SFS has confirmed in a reply to a comment on their Writing a wrong post that 'casual route' is the same as 'open relationship route'.
Imo the poly route shouldn't go through Jaye's solo route they are basically telling players who went the open relationship path that it's a waste.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Yes, but I forget how.

I think it's a combination of two different things, and one of them was not responding to Amanda's mystery text riddle. But again, I'm not sure if I remember that right. He did live my second route where I was with Mallory.

My best guess is beat him up on the boat, and don't guess Amanda's name on the text question.
Well consider my flabber well and truly gasted, I have never seen this. I wonder if you could post the picture of the guy in the post credits scene who's with Fiona instead of Christian? I'm curious.

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
quick question... the game says completed.. but where is the epilogue? i mean it cant rly end with this?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so many questions left unanswered.
The epilogue will come later this year.
There is an update coming today concerning the "casual" path, and other things.

I just wanted to make a small announcement about the upcoming v1.01 patch for Chapter 9.

Some of the feedback we've received has indicated that named saves were causing compatibility issues on Steam Deck and that the animated main menu was stressing some lower-end hardware.

As such, I've created new options in the preferences menu that can disable both features with a click.

Now onto the big reason for this patch:

For those of you who felt burned by the outcome of the casual path for the two main LI's, we know we dropped the ball.

While we feel the girls' dissatisfaction with the casual arrangement was adequately telegraphed, we also never provided an offramp for the player to right the ship. That both violates the spirit of our "no gotcha" statement at the beginning of the game, and it's objectively obvious that the result was unduly punitive.

I (Stoya) take ownership for that as the writer, and legitimately felt gut-punched the moment I realized that no escape hatch had been provided. I can only offer my word that it wasn't intentional or malicious, and began planning a fix for this the moment I realized the enormity of the miss.

As such, we are adding a scene to Chapter 9 near the beginning after the Lexi concert. This scene will provide two choices where the player can exercise agency before the girls start making decisions on his behalf.

To be clear, it will NOT add endings that were never planned for, nor does it violate the integrity of the story as planned. I also want to point out that this scene does not exist in a bubble just to change a variable. The fact that this scene occurred will be reflected in other conversations throughout the chapter.

If the player was on a committed path, the scene will offer no stat changes and they have no need to replay. There will just be be some banter and a little more visible bonding between primary characters.

TL;DR This only impacts saves that were on the casual path with Mallory and Jaye.

This is not (repeat) this is not the end!

I also want to emphasize that each ending will be fully fleshed out in the last content update, and (hopefully) any loose ends will be tied up with it. A surprisingly large number of fans have assumed that we'd ended romantic paths in Walter's bar, and so I wanted to state emphatically that this is not the case. We've had each ending visualized for a few years now, and can't wait to share them with you.

I will make an announcement when the new archives are uploaded. Unfortunately, I cannot patch only the script as the binary includes approximately 70 new images and so the art archive must be downloaded as well. As of this moment, the updated script is complete approximately half the art is rendered and expected to complete overnight.

Thank you for your bearing with us.

Best,

Stone Fox Studios
Incase people don't want to read (most won't, so....)

TL;DR This only impacts saves that were on the casual path with Mallory and Jaye.

I also want to emphasize that each ending will be fully fleshed out in the last content update, and (hopefully) any loose ends will be tied up with it. A surprisingly large number of fans have assumed that we'd ended romantic paths in Walter's bar, and so I wanted to state emphatically that this is not the case. We've had each ending visualized for a few years now, and can't wait to share them with you.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
There is an update coming today concerning the "casual" path, and other things.

Incase people don't want to read (most won't, so....)

What's that got to do with me? Dude asked where the epilogue is I told him it comes out later this year that's all.

4.60 star(s) 321 Votes