SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
So the final update with break saves if that ain't a kick in the nuts
Not really, most people will be done with the game by then...

This will be our final version, after which we will only patch the game if bugs are discovered, and it will be considered a completely finished product. This will focus on bringing legacy animations and art up to our current standard, refining dialogue, and possibly adding additional choices or providing a smoother experience navigating the relationship realities.
The final update as you can see is art, and some refining of dialogue.

Last edited:

siath70

Apr 5, 2019

View attachment 3970841

Now that pach 1.01 is out (and still fails to account for one world state due to a Ch7 bug) and Kent and I are enjoying our traditional week off from development, I thought I'd take a moment and post about the future of our first title. (v1.01 is available at the pinned download links.)

Here is the planned release cycle and what to expect with each:

v1.02 - Sept 2024: This will include bug fixes for all chapters, including the one mentioned above from Chapter 7. If this update adds new content, it will only be to patch bugged paths, such as Mallory still thinking she's on the casual sex path after MC has rejected her every advance in Ch6.

v1.10 - Dec 2024-Mar 2025: This will be our Epilogue Chapter. It will begin a few days before the scene in Walter's bar at the end of Ch9, and take the player through the outcome of the lawsuit. (Yes, there will be a trial) and then take the MC through the immediate outcomes of his ending, followed by a glimpse of his future. We are evaluating a mechanic that would allow the MC to have an incomplete look at what his ending might have looked like had he made different choices as well.

This version (the final chapter update) will be titled "Chasing Sunsets" and will also endeavor to tie up any loose ends, such as what happened to Vince if you left him alive, how that ring ended up on Jaye's finger at the end of Ch9, and most importantly, what happened to Hank the Wolf.
The final content update will certainly offer the player an opportunity to see some faces that have been absent such as Rikki, Bianca, and others. Each will have individual content, depending on choices made up to this point.

The points system will go away in the final chapter, and while there will be choices, they can affect pathing within that ending.

v1.11 - TBD 2025: This will be our final version, after which we will only patch the game if bugs are discovered, and it will be considered a completely finished product. This will focus on bringing legacy animations and art up to our current standard, refining dialogue, and possibly adding additional choices or providing a smoother experience navigating the relationship realities.

v1.11 is not expected to maintain save compatibility with previous versions, because new variables will be introduced and some legacy variables removed.

That's it in a nutshell. After taking a few days off, Kent and I will be burning the midnight oil to get this entire project into a state we can call "a job adequately done." We'll let you know periodically how things are going, and of course, watch the Previews channel for a sneak peek of what lies ahead!
I do not see anything in here about Jaye's belly button jewelry, the MC made mention he was going to ask her about it... So, will that be wrapped up too?

4.60 star(s) 324 Votes