VN Ren'Py Abandoned Chrome Lifelines-Chapter 1 [Ch 1 Part 2] [zTi Creations]

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Oh, awesome, I get to name the adorable Android.

I bet we're going to form a deep, strong emotional bond and go on a journey of discory togeth........... oh, she's gone.

Well, she lasted a whole 2 minutes.

As for the super hot girl with the metal arm. I am so curious to see what she looks like when she's screaming my MC's name and begging him to stop beating her with her own arm after he tears it off and beats her with it, bitch.
Amen sister. I've dumped partners, both business and romantic, for being less of a liability/pain in the ass than Ellie. She doesn't appeal to me and she's a liability to the team. Small caliber behind the ear in a dark ally. If she's the main LI in the game and our hero can't trade up, I'm out.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So, who are the LIs and is there forced LIs? Also, is there a fixed romance solo LI? Or can we romance anyone we want and avoid the future harem tag?

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
So, who are the LIs and is there forced LIs? Also, is there a fixed romance solo LI? Or can we romance anyone we want and avoid the future harem tag?
From what I have seen the women in the banner are the main LIs and there are also side girls. The MC starts in a friend with benefits relationship with one of the LIs and has an unavoidable sex scene with her in the first episode.

According to the dev when I asked him. After the first episode all sex scenes with her and any other LIs will be optional. So you can have solo LIs and not have a harem. He has said if he does make it a harem it will be optional, but he hasn't decided if it is a harem game or not yet.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
From what I have seen the women in the banner are the main LIs and there are also side girls. The MC starts in a friend with benefits relationship with one of the LIs and has an unavoidable sex scene with her in the first episode.

According to the dev when I asked him after the first episode all sex scenes with her and any other LIs will be optional. So you can have solo LIs and not have a harem. He has said if he does make it a harem it will be optional but he hasn't decided if it is a harem game or not yet.
Thanks for the reply. I don't mind a few unavoidable encounters, just don't want to have an LI forced. Like a lot of games these days.

Reactions: Rinbael

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I don't mind a few unavoidable encounters, just don't want to have an LI forced. Like a lot of games these days.
I feel the exact same as you. There is nothing that irritates me more in a game than a forced LI. I personally don't really like forced sex scenes either but there is only one of them in this game so it didn't bug me as much.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I feel the exact same as you. There is nothing that irritates me more in a game than a forced LI. I personally don't really like forced sex scenes either but there is only one of them in this game so it didn't bug me as much.
I've learned that some forced encounters are needed for story progression. So, even if there are several and is needed for story, I'm ok with it. Well, as long as it's the MC and someone else, not someone else and an LI.

Reactions: Rinbael

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Getting errors regarding the audio again.

Code:
 I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/prologue.rpy", line 1881, in script
    $ fading_pause()
  File "game/prologue.rpy", line 1881, in <module>
    $ fading_pause()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 58, in fading_pause
    renpy.music.play(fn, channel, fadein = fade)
Exception: Parsing audio spec u'<from None>audio/punks.ogg': expected float, got u'None'..

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/prologue.rpy", line 1881, in script
    $ fading_pause()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/prologue.rpy", line 1881, in <module>
    $ fading_pause()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 58, in fading_pause
    renpy.music.play(fn, channel, fadein = fade)
  File "renpy/audio/music.py", line 127, in play
    c.enqueue(filenames, loop=loop, synchro_start=synchro_start, fadein=fadein, tight=tight, loop_only=loop_only, relative_volume=relative_volume)
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 655, in enqueue
    filename, _, _ = self.split_filename(filename, False)
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 388, in split_filename
    start = expect_float()
  File "renpy/audio/audio.py", line 354, in expect_float
    raise exception("expected float, got {!r}.".format(v))
Exception: Parsing audio spec u'<from None>audio/punks.ogg': expected float, got u'None'..

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Chrome Lifelines: Chapter 1 Chapter_1_Public
Fri Jun  3 21:02:23 2022

Jun 25, 2021
I did not think a VN could get so close to the look and feel of Cyberpunk 2077, but this one gets pretty damn close. Everything looks super glowy and slick, just like in CP2077 and the characters feel like they could be in that game.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
So far it's okay.
One thing is constantly bugging me though, and it keeps challenging me to just stop playing: pauses on fade-outs, and even worse, pauses on the combination of fade-outs and fade-ins. Just get rid of those pauses, and fade out right into the next scene.
Vague timelapse animations of some fight aren't my thing either, but I can at least live with those. Requiring me to press a button or click my mouse after the screen goes black is just silly, a 3-4 second timer from the start of the fade-out (or 1-2 seconds at the end of the fadeout) and then automatically starting the next scene is all the suspense you need, *and* it maintains the flow of the game.

Tauro Thurius

Jul 17, 2021
Does the game has a lot of choices and does the choices matter for the game or its a linear path?
As of the current build ( Chapter 1 Part 2 ) there are couple of choices. Some of them change how things play out. As far as I know you can finish the current chapter with two different endings.

4.70 star(s) 13 Votes