VN Unity Abandoned Cicada [v0.1.1] [Tsawnt Games]

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
TsawntGames I know this may sound nit-picky, but could you write a little note on the OP to use the spacebar to move through text? I was stuck at the naming part for the longest time... I guess I play too many Renpy games and am not too familiar with how unity works XD

As a side note, I am currently playing and have to say I love the game so far, the renders are beautiful, the pacing is on point, and the dialogue between characters feels natural and realistic. This game is a definite gem, and can't wait to play future updates!!

TsawntGames

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2021
TsawntGames I know this may sound nit-picky, but could you write a little note on the OP to use the spacebar to move through text? I was stuck at the naming part for the longest time... I guess I play too many Renpy games and am not too familiar with how unity works XD

As a side note, I am currently playing and have to say I love the game so far, the renders are beautiful, the pacing is on point, and the dialogue between characters feels natural and realistic. This game is a definite gem, and can't wait to play future updates!!
Thanks so much for the feedback! We are working provide the most fluid experience for all!

Reactions: DavidTurner

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Ok --

1. Game with sound, but no (sound) options ... :sick:
2. Clunky navigation. Space here, Enter there ... I have a mouse in my hand you know?
3. You cant start a new game without restarting the whole game.
4. That is NOT a Windowed mode ...
cicada_f_w_comp.jpg

5. you cant save during decisions
6. not much content. Its just an intro.

Renders are a bit grainy and everything is quite rushed and you have no real idea what the premise is. You arrive at a house of a landlady .. I guess, but you stay there and ... dunno. Then there are your parents somewhere around or so ...

The game could really need a bit more exposition. And when you keep the default landlady "name" then some texts dont make sense. Why doesnt she have a normal name by default? o_O

Could be fun, but when the updates stay that small it will take ages to get a solid amount of content.

TsawntGames

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2021
Ok --

1. Game with sound, but no (sound) options ... :sick:
2. Clunky navigation. Space here, Enter there ... I have a mouse in my hand you know?
3. You cant start a new game without restarting the whole game.
4. That is NOT a Windowed mode ...
View attachment 1251483

5. you cant save during decisions
6. not much content. Its just an intro.

Renders are a bit grainy and everything is quite rushed and you have no real idea what the premise is. You arrive at a house of a landlady .. I guess, but you stay there and ... dunno. Then there are your parents somewhere around or so ...

The game could really need a bit more exposition. And when you keep the default landlady "name" then some texts dont make sense. Why doesnt she have a normal name by default? o_O

Could be fun, but when the updates stay that small it will take ages to get a solid amount of content.
Your Feedback is most appreciated, as the small team that we are.. we are working on providing as efficient and optimal content as we can in the coming updates!

Reactions: Sguru007

heimdal74

Apr 22, 2018
unity !! without me, using such a greedy game engine for a VN I find it absurd, it heats up the equipment for nothing and with the arrival of heat it will just get worse, Ren'Py remains the engine best suited to the VN, a lot more ergonomic for the player, unity is just boring to use good luck anyway for your game

Ignomine

Mar 1, 2020
Nice renders and setup.
Controls and menus are awkward, you should definitely add some mouse action like left click to advance, right click to open / exit menu, and mouse wheel to rollback.

Keep it up TsawntGames

Reactions: eXist21

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
good game i hope we have real choices making it that u stuck in one route based on early choices is not good , felt very short and this game is like JSMIN game or something every update is good but as i said very very short with content

AnimeHentaiGamer

Aug 29, 2017
we need NTR content with the mom also pls.
I am legit thinking of supporting am just waiting to see where the next update is going..but yeah hope we can see NTR with the mom.
yep a lot of people want ntr. sad looks like its now abandon for some reason. hope the dev does come back and stick with ntr content.

• Sad
Reactions: CrimsonCuck

AnimeHentaiGamer

Aug 29, 2017
gamn died. lost its 5 subcribers thought it was going be ntr and surprised everyone with new harem game and these devs are now gone... should stayed ntr. i even told the dev i was going pledge $20 monthly when new update comes out. and he didn't tell us he got rid of thinking people wanted harem.

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes