MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
Well, Chapter 13 ended up being worse than Chapter 12 on all fronts. Concerning, if less surprising. Long form thoughts follow.

Story
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sex Scenes and Character Moments

Reflections before the Finale

Sep 24, 2018
Looks like I saved the Chapter13 patch with the "Game" folder, renamed it "Chapter 13" instead of the patch name, but my previous save still ends at chapter 12. Am I missing a step?

I'm using a Mac, if it changes anything.

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
How to unlock Victoria's scenes in Chapter 13 please?
I used a mod to check and I think it happens at the bar when you're staying and there is also one scene when you visit her. I want to know which choices lead to them since I'm pretty sure I picked the rights options with her.

Zero919

May 2, 2017
I need threesome Shanlon and Meredith, that would be just explosive :love:
And how dare the guard touch my Meredith I will destroy him :mad:

Reactions: Onetogo

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
When you all jumping on band wagon „no story progress in last update“, I will do some dissent for change. I can't say you're wrong.
I feel that the story is finally picking up speed again That after long lolling around city, MC is ready to act again.

So, yea, I think that Philly made some mistakes, but your band wagon is heading in the wrong direction.

My apology for long post. I don't do that normally.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
How to unlock Victoria's scenes in Chapter 13 please?
I used a mod to check and I think it happens at the bar when you're staying and there is also one scene when you visit her. I want to know which choices lead to them since I'm pretty sure I picked the rights options with her.
When you meet Victoria in Ch. 12 and have v_score >= 6: "Not yet" => "It doesn't have to end" => "Then we see where this leads" (flag "ch12choosevictoria").

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
people are tired of something that has been going on for years and now near its end, that's all. I think that is actually pretty common syndrome, lots of long-lasting medias were subject to that.
I think for people who will be playing this game from start to finish in one go, all of these struggles that you guys mention, will remain mostly unnoticed.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
When you all jumping on band wagon „no story progress in last update“, I will do some dissent for change. I can't say you're wrong.
I feel that the story is finally picking up speed again That after long lolling around city, MC is ready to act again.

So, yea, I think that Philly made some mistakes, but your band wagon is heading in the wrong direction.

The problem is not the Act structure, but the implementation. Story wise, almost every dangerous element built up in those first 2 acts have been destroyed. For instance, we learnt to fear the Pit back in chapter 2, but it turned out to be just an itinerant club with a drug lab on the side. The intended thrill is not there when you pictured a clash between the best ghost in town versus an almighty corp but then all of them prove to be a bunch of amateurs who just can't stop from taking poor decisions after poor decisions. Baynard/Meredith can't be taken as a serious threat anymore after witnessing how they handled the search for the MC, who is constantly roaming around the city for the most flamboyant reasons without being detected by his chasers (but is easily spotted by news anchors and spoiled brats), and the black-op at Victoria's which is just a bad joke. I'm not going to analyse every single move but before chapter 8 almost everything in that plot and in characters' actions made sense and felt credible story-wise, while from chapter 8 onwards the opposite is true.

In that context, while it's true the plot has indeed advanced and we are on our way to the final battle, the massive amount of sex encounters that needed a build-up based on our MC going around undetected it's just too much to keep our interest and suspension of disbelief intact.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Unfortunately you are right.
Maybe most of us haven't noticed that due to the time between two updates, but this is what actually happened with the storytelling.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018
I'm seeing a lot of people disappointed with how the last update was mostly sex scenes with very little story progression in between, and I agree with that. But what was more surprising to me was how little progression we got in the sex scenes themselves. This has been a problem for other recent updates as well.

One other lame thing about these recent scenes is that three of the four have that annoying auto pullout ending where they don't allow you to finish inside. Which was a disappointment considering how we had been given choices in previous scenes with Ellen, Chandra, and Abby. This adds to the feeling that there just isn't as much thought and care going into the game as there was before. It's just coasting to the finish line.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
The problem is not the Act structure, but the implementation. Story wise, almost every dangerous element built up in those first 2 acts have been destroyed. For instance, we learnt to fear the Pit back in chapter 2, but it turned out to be just an itinerant club with a drug lab on the side. The intended thrill is not there when you pictured a clash between the best ghost in town versus an almighty corp but then all of them prove to be a bunch of amateurs who just can't stop from taking poor decisions after poor decisions. Baynard/Meredith can't be taken as a serious threat anymore after witnessing how they handled the search for the MC, who is constantly roaming around the city for the most flamboyant reasons without being detected by his chasers (but is easily spotted by news anchors and spoiled brats), and the black-op at Victoria's which is just a bad joke. I'm not going to analyse every single move but before chapter 8 almost everything in that plot and in characters' actions made sense and felt credible story-wise, while from chapter 8 onwards the opposite is true.

In that context, while it's true the plot has indeed advanced and we are on our way to the final battle, the massive amount of sex encounters that needed a build-up based on our MC going around undetected it's just too much to keep our interest and suspension of disbelief intact.
Yes, that is true. But it isn't problem of last chapter. It is something, which brew for some time now.
However, most of critics target last chapter as guilty one. Players take their frustration on first possible target (last update), instead actually addressing what they don't like.

If chapter 13 did something, than it was starting of change, finally. We have to see, how mission in Baynard will be executed, but there will be no other preparation.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
I know people are not overly happy with the latest episode, but dev milking is quite the leap. This is still an honest dev who puts out good consistent content (as compared to the majority on F95). This is oddly turning into a feeding frenzy pile on for some reason. The legit place for that is a few doors down in basketball game thread. That is the real shitshow. Some may think CoBD stumbles at finish line, but game is still overall a high achievement.
Agreed. Still, IMO the story itself has been dragging along for a while, especially after Henry died.

And while the render quality its still top notch I haven't been really surprised with the scenes themselves for a while, though. Last one I think was mindblowing was solo Abby. Everything has been pretty, well, let's say tame, though I am not sure thats the word I'm looking for. COBD was a lot more impressive when it started than it is now.

Philly urgently needs to wrap the story and start something new, even if it is COBD season 2. I'm tired as hell of the cast too. And I know people's opinion might differ, but at least to me a new update doesn't make me as excited to play it as it did before.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Spanish translation updated / Traducción al español actualizada - Ch13

*** UPDATED POST 2023-MAR-01***

Nueva traducción actualizada - v1.13.1

Como siempre, hay que descargar e instalar el juego original y luego descargar y extraer la carpeta "game" del parche y pegarla dentro de la carpeta donde hayáis instalado el juego, reemplazando todo si os pregunta. Para cambiar de idioma hay que entrar en el menú Preferences

---
New translation update - v1.13.1

As always, you have to download and install the original game, then download and extract the "game" folder from the patch and copypaste it into the same folder you've installed the game, replacing all when asked. A switch language option will appear in the Preferences menu

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
That was funny and lovely. Thanks. I saved the pic as "chandra_full_figured.jpg" :BootyTime:

[...]

people are tired of something that has been going on for years and now near its end, that's all. I think that is actually pretty common syndrome, lots of long-lasting medias were subject to that.
I think for people who will be playing this game from start to finish in one go, all of these struggles that you guys mention, will remain mostly unnoticed.
You know what, after reading both of your posts I think you may be on to something. To judge the overall game more accurately, we'll all have to run a fresh playthrough from the start after the game is complete and try to look at it as a newcomer who's discovering the story for the first time. It won't be easy since I still believe the game's development hasn't been balanced.

[...]
One other lame thing about these recent scenes is that three of the four have that annoying auto pullout ending where they don't allow you to finish inside. Which was a disappointment considering how we had been given choices in previous scenes with Ellen, Chandra, and Abby. This adds to the feeling that there just isn't as much thought and care going into the game as there was before. It's just coasting to the finish line.
Philly has never been good at wrapping up the sex scenes. The build-up is amazing, his renders are gorgeous, and normally the variety of positions is very satisfying. However, "his" orgasms are sometimes mediocre :Kappa:, not even showing the ejaculation a couple of times, or just ending sex with a couple of bland renders. I wrote about that way back in this very same thread: October 4th, 2021

Reactions: Real Kreten

phiber99

Feb 13, 2022
i agree to the previus comments that this chapter was not so good as we expected.
still a great game and is it possible that we could see 2 remaining final chapters which are story skyrocking and how prime fucking good that the critics will went in silent mode?

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The fact that everyone, other than Jake, is dressed like they are going to some nightclub instead of invading a buidling full of armed security makes me skeptical about story progression taking priority over the need to cram extra sex scenes in the next update. As has it been for a few updates now... :confused:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
You know what, after reading both of your posts I think you may be on to something. To judge the overall game more accurately, we'll all have to run a fresh playthrough from the start after the game is complete and try to look at it as a newcomer who's discovering the story for the first time. It won't be easy since I still believe the game's development hasn't been balanced.
I did it. As long as you follow a celibate path or focus just on one girl, it doesn't look that bad regarding pacing. The story is still all over the place after Book 1 grand finale, though. Even if we accept that Mil-town is indeed a no-go zone for Baynard where our little gang can come and go unnoticed, there's simply too much roaming around and questionable choices by all sides.

4.70 star(s) 416 Votes