MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Is it just me or is the Gloria scene in this chapter a bit disjointed. You go for her ass almost directly, no prelude and she's fine with it, there are unused images of some teasing that was probably not finished and I might be seeing things but I think the MC is fisting her during the deepthroat?
I don't mind but it all seems a bit... rushed

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Is it just me or is the Gloria scene in this chapter a bit disjointed. You go for her ass almost directly, no prelude and she's fine with it, there are unused images of some teasing that was probably not finished and I might be seeing things but I think the MC is fisting her during the deepthroat?
I don't mind but it all seems a bit... rushed
Even Chandra needed more time...Was that scene rushed? Yes, but the game is almost end and we can't afford to wait for several chapters.

But let's see Gloria can kill you with one hit and I think she can take a dick in her ass really easy

Reactions: Lurcher1

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Se eu baixar a tradução e utilizar um mod de walkthrough, vai bugar?
Depend on the mod you are trying to use. My translation is compatible with the original script from the game. If your mod is compatible with the original script, then it is compatible with my translation too.

The Glorious LIME

Oct 20, 2019
Haven't played in a while, seeing how this chapter feels short reading your comments, I think I'll just wait till the game finishes, and just binge it I guess.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
So. A guerrilla gig in front of the megacorp you are going to strike? Nice plan Jhonny Slilverhand :D

Reactions: iev

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
I recently started this game, so now I'm confused: Is Chandra a legit LI or just a side-gig? And is the game finished as in no continuation is planned?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I recently started this game, so now I'm confused: Is Chandra a legit LI or just a side-gig? And is the game finished as in no continuation is planned?
The game is still unfinished, there's at least one more chapter to go (probably 2, nothing is set in stone). About Chandra... well, she was initially planned as a side girl, then promoted to LI due to people liking her, but compared with other LIs she has been much neglected as it's been hard to properly involve her in the overarching story.

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
I dont wan't to download a mod to check, so this game only have 3 sex scenes in this update and no story progression, is that it?
A 3some, sex with gloria and sex with the robot girl.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The one-man team argument is debatable since the writing is largely done by someone else. And I wanted to underline that relevant point :rolleyes:

People, hear me out: the discussion about money would be justified if he weren't working, but that isn't the case since he's been constantly producing content. It is embarrassing to even compare him to... brrr I won't even say the names.
Also, discussing the purchasing power of the sum Philly's making every month is useless (for instance, he's making slightly more than a Supreme Court Judge in Spain, and roughly twice as much as a member of the Spanish Parliament).

I think it's more interesting to have a look at this chart representing Philly's last year's support figures:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As it happens, the beginning of the chart coincides with the moment when his support reached a peak: March 2022. (Actually, the highest point was September 2021, but the difference is minimal so we'll stick to March 2022.)
As you can see, in the past 11-12 months he has lost around 800 patrons, approximately 30% of what he had at that point.
That makes it the lowest patreon support since June 2020. This is the fact that he and his writers should focus on to try and find the causes, if they're concerned about it that is.

The first 4-5 episodes were amazing without needing a ton of stunning cinematics and 4 sex scenes for every 30 minutes of gameplay. It took over 1 year for Katie to finally get intimate with the MC. I remember those days with longing (EDITED: the time was wrong.)

On a side note, I'd like to acknowledge the fact that moskyx was probably the first one who warned about this trend a long time ago, maybe a year ago or even longer. I have vivid memories of the post he wrote, and I must admit that my initial reaction was to think he was overreacting.

Last edited:

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
This is the fact that he and his writers should focus on to try and find the causes, if they're concerned about it that is
ehm, last year there was pretty much economical downturn everywhere, with inflation going through the roof. sure, opportunities to increase patreon income are still there, but in Philly's situation where he was just "doing the same thing he was doing all these years" losing quite a bit of support was expected

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
ehm, last year there was pretty much economical downturn everywhere, with inflation going through the roof. sure, opportunities to increase patreon income are still there, but in Philly's situation where he was just "doing the same thing he was doing all these years" losing quite a bit of support was expected
I'm afraid I don't buy that's the reason for losing almost 30% of your patrons in 11 months. Not at all.

Granted, many devs have lost a significant amount of patronage in the past 2 years, but 30% is too much. Even considering that the latest update will probably result in many people re-subscribing starting tomorrow (March 1st) just to download chapter 13, it will still involve a huge percentage of loss. And we must not forget the downward trend didn't even change after September's release; if anything, it became steeper when people played that update.

Additional info:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
The one-man team argument is debatable since the writing is largely done by someone else. And I wanted to underline that relevant point :rolleyes:

People, hear me out: the discussion about money would be justified if he weren't working, but that isn't the case since he's been constantly producing content. It is embarrassing to even compare him to... brrr I won't even say the names.
Also, discussing the purchasing power of the sum Philly's making every month is useless (for instance, he's making slightly more than a Supreme Court Judge in Spain, and roughly twice as much as a member of the Spanish Parliament).

I think it's more interesting to have a look at this chart representing Philly's last year's support figures:

As it happens, the beginning of the chart coincides with the moment when his support reached a peak: March 2022. (Actually, the highest point was September 2021, but the difference is minimal so we'll stick to March 2022.)
As you can see, in the past 11-12 months he has lost around 800 patrons, approximately 30% of what he had at that point.
That makes it the lowest patreon support since June 2020. This is the fact that he and his writers should focus on to try and find the causes, if they're concerned about it that is.

The first 4-5 episodes were amazing without needing a ton of stunning cinematics and 4 sex scenes for every 30 minutes of gameplay. It took over 1 year for Katie to finally get intimate with the MC. I remember those days with longing (EDITED: the time was wrong.)

On a side note, I'd like to acknowledge the fact that moskyx was probably the first one who warned about this trend a long time ago, maybe a year ago or even longer. I have vivid memories of the post he wrote, and I must admit that my initial reaction was to think he was overreacting.
Well, honestly I don't remember what I wrote. It was about the prologue rewriting, maybe? It's the only memory I have of some minor disagreement with you.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Well, honestly I don't remember what I wrote. It was about the prologue rewriting, maybe? It's the only memory I have of some minor disagreement with you.
No, no, I was referring to a time when you wrote about story progression. In fact, I didn't even reply or anything back then, so this is the first time that you learn I thought you were exaggerating :LUL:

As for the prologue, you are misremembering that: I agreed with you on the prologue rewrite, and then Ignatz or Burt even joined in to explain why it had been changed.

EDIT: BTW, remember the dead policeman we mentioned the other day in the DA thread? Well, a few minutes ago I was loading an old save to check the date of Katie's first sex scene and found this in the following scene :HideThePain:

Reactions: moskyx

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022

From what you are describing, the current situation with CoBD is that the developer bit off more than they could chew in terms of story. Instead of having a smaller, more concise and impactful story, they kept adding characters and plots that only created a narrative mess.

Keep in mind, I am only on chapter 3 so far, but that is my impression.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
I'm afraid I don't buy that's the reason for losing almost 30% of your patrons in 11 months. Not at all.

Granted, many devs have lost a significant amount of patronage in the past 2 years, but 30% is too much. Even considering that the latest update will probably result in many people re-subscribing starting tomorrow (March 1st) just to download chapter 13, it will still involve a huge percentage of loss. And we must not forget the downward trend didn't even change after September's release; if anything, it became steeper when people played that update.

Additional info:
from top50 avn creators, 19 lost some amount of subs in last year, and 29 grew their numbers. I remember year or two ago, this front line page was all green (well not all, but certainly more than 60%), and NLT wasn't getting (relatively small number of) 300 new subs a year to his existing 15k base. I don't see any drop in quality of Philly's work, maybe people are just fed up with the game, that might be playing a part, but again, it's this and global economic problems.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Talking about Philly's income doesn't have much of a point. He makes more that it shows on Patreon (Steam) so it's impossible to actually know an accurate # for him.

I figure he's lost Patrons because the games story went off the rails and to another degree the LI's aren't crafted very well. Both being too many of them (often people aren't sure who the LI's actually are, or if they're sides) and the sex scenes, despite being animated and having options, are pretty repetitive.

4.70 star(s) 416 Votes